What about the elephant in the room?

Do you agree that there is corruption in the Church?

• I agree that the there is much corruption in the Catholic Church but God will bring the Church back

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • I think you are exagerating the problems in the Church. The Church is fine.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I agree that the there is much corruption in the Catholic Church and this disproves its claims

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Markie Boy

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟402,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
After watching those two videos it's pretty hard to say Barron is not leading people astray. It looks like he's doing what has caused the Church to be where it is - trying to make the Church conform to the world rather than the world be formed by the Church.

Upvote 0

packermann

Nov 30, 2003
Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL
✟45,845.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
The stock of bishops is way way down, particularly since the USCCB was going to address reform but cardinal Cupich shut them down some months back in favor of his proposal that Metropolitans (he is one) have the say in investigating lowly bishops.

I feel that the bishops should tell victims to go to the police - not the Metropolitan, not to the bishops.

Upvote 0

packermann

Nov 30, 2003
Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL
✟45,845.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
After watching those two videos it's pretty hard to say Barron is not leading people astray. It looks like he's doing what has caused the Church to be where it is - trying to make the Church conform to the world rather than the world be formed by the Church.

Yes, that is how I saw it. And I used to like Barron very much. But now I am not so sure.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I feel that the bishops should tell victims to go to the police - not the Metropolitan, not to the bishops.
Most of them already do that now. I would advise it as the first step for any new abuse. Depending on statutes of limitations maybe a good lawyer.

Upvote 0