What about adapting too much for a given selection pressure? It's sickening?

I would question "evolving" one...

• ..person in advance

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ..species in advance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ..generation in advance

• ..multiple generations in advance

• ..all generations in advance

• ..animal in advance

• ..many animals in advance

• ..way, again and again in advance

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So there is a chance that you are overdoing your Evolution, right? Like if you keep responding to a selection pressure, in more and more diverse ways - eventually you get trigger sick? "Trigger sick" would be evolving in ways that don't agree with a balance of some kind (moderation) - like not developing an appetite that is triggered by more and more food. That's a possibility, right?

What I'm talking about is not believing a specific "thing", it's about believing "things" too much. It's about being too expectant, too stretched, to hardened. You may be triggering Evolution in yourself, but in a way that is unhealthy? You may be apart from the model, that you are in principle evaluating from. You may be saying "I am evolved", but you are saying it over and over again, without properly evaluating your context, your motive. You need a way to assess that you are not creating a niche for yourself that Evolution cannot deliver you from.

It's a mistake to think that Evolution is a solution to everything, because you believe it: you have to establish, the way in which you believe it - or you will never be able to distinguish why you believe it the way you do. You may need more parasites, for example; or you may need fewer germs - it can't be decided on the basis that you knew everything, because you had the intention of believing everything. The Devil believes every evolution, as if he can save himself whether good or bad. Science is only as effective, as it's results are kept consistent (selah).

I'm not writing "Evolution" 'off', on the basis of this, I am saying "I am hanging in there, until you qualify it correctly". Make the leap - you will be better for it.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,750.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
So there is a chance that you are overdoing your Evolution, right? Like if you keep responding to a selection pressure, in more and more diverse ways - eventually you get trigger sick? "Trigger sick" would be evolving in ways that don't agree with a balance of some kind (moderation) - like not developing an appetite that is triggered by more and more food. That's a possibility, right?

No, it's not a possibility in the slightest. I don't know where you're getting your ideas about evolution from, but they are far from scientific or even factual, or even intelligent.

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi there,

What I'm talking about is not believing a specific "thing", it's about believing "things" too much. It's about being too expectant, too stretched, to hardened. You may be triggering Evolution in yourself, but in a way that is unhealthy? You may be apart from the model, that you are in principle evaluating from. You may be saying "I am evolved", but you are saying it over and over again, without properly evaluating your context, your motive. You need a way to assess that you are not creating a niche for yourself that Evolution cannot deliver you from.

It's a mistake to think that Evolution is a solution to everything, because you believe it: you have to establish, the way in which you believe it - or you will never be able to distinguish why you believe it the way you do. You may need more parasites, for example; or you may need fewer germs - it can't be decided on the basis that you knew everything, because you had the intention of believing everything. The Devil believes every evolution, as if he can save himself whether good or bad. Science is only as effective, as it's results are kept consistent (selah).

I'm not writing "Evolution" 'off', on the basis of this, I am saying "I am hanging in there, until you qualify it correctly". Make the leap - you will be better for it.
The best example of "believing" to much that I can think of is you going down your niche rabbit hole in thinking that what you believe about evolution. As you say excessive belief is a mistake. You are the one making it. You seem to have a stuck trigger in yourself that sees all of the world through a distorted superficial knowledge of a few terms in biological evolution. Go away and figure out how to unstick your trigger, maybe by actually studying biological evolution from a basic starting point so that you don't ascribe to it all sorts of properties that it doesn't have.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

Why don't you go and evolve your knowledge of evolution? You're under pressure to do so, so why aren't you responding to that pressure?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
The best example of "believing" to much that I can think of is you [...]

Ok. So what - on the basis of Evolution - do you say to me, about believing too much?

You said mutating too much, was a good thing? Right?

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Ok. So what - on the basis of Evolution - do you say to me, about believing too much?

You said mutating too much, was a good thing? Right?
As I said stop believing evolution is so important and learn what it is. that is not from evolution, thath is about believing to much, your problem.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi there,

This post does not refer to evolution at any point. I'm not certain what it does refer to but it's not evolution.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you go and evolve your knowledge of evolution? You're under pressure to do so, so why aren't you responding to that pressure?
So telling that @Gottservant gave this post an "optimistic" rating. He has clearly chosen knowing dishonesty, which is a very sad outcome.

Upvote 0