What a world this would be in these laws were enforced.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You do realize that during the millenium, the laws are that strict? That is the reason for the millenium, gives people a chance to live fully within the laws of God. If you are making excuses now, thinking that they can not be overcome, then you will also have difficulty believing that Yeshua is right when He said "Go and sin no more"
Those aren’t the laws of my god. I don’t think you know what is going to happen in the future.

Upvote 0

Circumcised_Heart

Sep 24, 2017
LA
✟26,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In many tribal cultures exile or banishment was frequently a worse penalty than death. The person became a pariah that no one would have anything to do with in any way whatsoever.
That may be true, but "being cut off" was used interchangeably in the OT with being destroyed. The penalty for breaking some of the commandments cited above (i.e. death) are elsewhere cited in the bible as being "cut off".

Jesus (Messiah the Prince) in Daniel, is prophesied to be "cut off" (i.e. killed), but not for Himself but for others.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do a search on BlueLetterBible.org for “cut off” and you can see that its another way of saying destroyed.

Obviously ... the meaning of the usage depends upon the context.

In the context of the Old Testament Law, which we were discussing ...

Exodus 12:15 'Seven days you shall eat unleavened bread, but on the first day you shall remove leaven from your houses; for whoever eats anything leavened from the first day until the seventh day, that person shall be cut off from Israel.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet he gave government the power to rule and judge and execute the judgment.

You mean ... a government made up of adulterers, extortionists, brawlers, etc. ... ???

The point is ... it is obvious that government by Law has been tried and has failed in the sight of God. Now, God governs through Grace ...

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
You mean ... a government made up of adulterers, extortionists, brawlers, etc. ... ???

The point is ... it is obvious that government by Law has been tried and has failed in the sight of God. Now, God governs through Grace ...
God isn't lenient.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
God is gracious ...Psalms 103:10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
True, but by no means clear the guilty.
Exodus 34:7
Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Upvote 0