Jan 28, 2002
✟2,916,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @GaveMeJoy, I believe that Johnboy53 was banned from the City-Data Forum, not from here (though I know not why :scratch:).

If you feel comfortable telling us @Johnboy53, why did you get banned from there? (I'm a mod on a different forum and posts like the ones you make around here never get banned)

Thanks!

--David

Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello @GaveMeJoy, I believe that Johnboy53 was banned from the City-Data Forum, not from here (though I know not why :scratch:).

If you feel comfortable telling us @Johnboy53, why did you get banned from there? (I'm a mod on a different forum and posts like the ones you make around here never get banned)

Thanks!

--David
Talking and posting updated news. I have over 23 million followers on City Data.com It's just a real shock to be banned for the first time. The truth is we as poster's have no rights when comes posting on these kind of websites. You can't file legal action against them for violate of freedom of speech on a public website.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Talking and posting updated news. I have over 23 million followers on City Data.com It's just a real shock to be banned for the first time. The truth is we as poster's have no rights when comes posting on these kind of websites. You can't file legal action against them for violate of freedom of speech on a public website.

I have been a moderator on a few sites and you never get banned simply for posting, you get banned for ignoring the rules and posting against them. I don't know the rules or that site, did you receive a warning first? Most sites will give 1 or 2 warnings first.
Your freedom of speech only goes as far as their rules, it isn't a public space it will have an owner who determined the rules for their site. If you violate them the staff or owner has every right to ban you. Most sites when you join will have some kind of agreement that you agree to.

• Agree
Reactions: Leet
Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have been a moderator on a few sites and you never get banned simply for posting, you get banned for ignoring the rules and posting against them. I don't know the rules or that site, did you receive a warning first? Most sites will give 1 or 2 warnings first.
Your freedom of speech only goes as far as their rules, it isn't a public space it will have an owner who determined the rules for their site. If you violate them the staff or owner has every right to ban you. Most sites when you join will have some kind of agreement that you agree to.
Never got no warning just locked out of site. They know people by there IP address. I had over 20,000 posts I made. I just burned out my welcome. I had a major moderator invite me to post on the site 12 years ago.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This might be a blessing to stop putting so much time posting on the internet. The State of Tennessee called and wants too help me find a job because of low vision I have with my eyes.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Never got no warning just locked out of site. They know people by there IP address. I had over 20,000 posts I made. I just burned out my welcome. I had a major moderator invite me to post on the site 12 years ago.
I just burned out my welcome.
i'm sorry John. What do you mean that you "burned out your welcome"?

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This might be a blessing to stop putting so much time posting on the internet. The State of Tennessee called and wants too help me find a job because of low vision I have with my eyes.
:heart: Praying, John (((hug)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Spent to much time on these talk sites. Need to be more anti-talk.
What you've been doing is in essence a ministry, isn't it? It has blessed me many times and i'm sure many many others.

Don't let this discourage you. As one rug is pulled out from you, God will place you securely on another that will not only bless others, but you as well.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Never got no warning just locked out of site
Did they give a reason? Is it possible there was an error, whether human or technical? Can you get in touch with a mod and ask? Perhaps by creating a new account? It's odd to do such a thing without warning.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That’s quite vague. What kinds of things were you posting? Did they say why you were banned? Did you break any site rules? We’re you posting anything controversial?

Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That’s quite vague. What kinds of things were you posting? Did they say why you were banned? Did you break any site rules? We’re you posting anything controversial?
Good news mainly and just like news here. I did post links too CF which they didn't like at one time. I think the site is losing member's because they are banning alot of people for everything. Never told me anything why I was banned. Just locked me out. The owner of site is very liberal and location is in ILL.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnboy60

Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good news I've been contacted by the head Mod from City-Data Forum wanting me to come back. It was a mix up and they banned me by mistake he said. I still need not to spend so much time on any site posting so I joined Planet Fitness.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good news I've been contacted by the head Mod from City-Data Forum wanting me to come back. It was a mix up and they banned me by mistake he said. I still need not to spend so much time on any site posting so I joined Planet Fitness.

I thought it sounded like a mix up as normally you would receive at least 1 warning and know what you were banned for. Glad you got it sorted.

Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0