Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
WHAT A BLESSING!

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 (NRSV)

For though I am free with respect to all, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I might win more of them. To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though I myself am not under the law) so that I might win those under the law. To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law) so that I might win those outside the law. To the weak I became weak, so that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that I might by all means save some. I do it all for the sake of the gospel, so that I may share in its blessings.

The LORD said to Abram, "I will bless you, and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing."
- Genesis 12:2 (NRSV)

WHEN I agreed to help with vacation Bible school, it was mainly just to support my church. But I was surprised when I witnessed the faith and love those first graders expressed for God. I came away moved by their faith.

A few weeks later my nephew died unexpectedly. I decided to visit my sister to comfort her. But my visit was turned around; it was she who ministered to me as she demonstrated her strength in Christ. When I left, I had been comforted.

Later on, the youth of our church were to lead evening worship. That night I made sure I was there to support them. But as I listened to the wonderful music, beautiful voices, stories, and prayers, I realized it was I who was being blessed.

In these three experiences I started out with a loving heart to try to be a blessing to others. Each time, God also showered me with blessings.

Prayer: Lord, help us to see all the blessings you shower on us each day. Help us try to be a blessing to others. Amen.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Where have I experienced unexpected blessings?

Cissy Hewitt (Alabama, U.S.A.)
Submitted by Richard