✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love quotes! I have a collection of them. These are some of my favorites:

....We don’t reduce Christ to what we are; He raises us to what He is. The Message 1 Corinthians 10

Do not commit the crime for which you now serve the sentence. God said, “Vengeance is mine”. The Priest, The Count of Monte Cristo

Trust everyone, just don't trust the devil inside of them. The Italian Job

If we are not free from sin until we die, then Jesus isn't our Savior, death is. Georgian Banov

"A good marriage is not without conflict. A good marriage is when you learn to resolve issues." - Jimmy Evans

“I dont fight the bull, I ride it” (Veteran at eyes doctors office). When I thanked him for making me laugh, he answered: “Well, you know, in life there are two things: laugh or die”.

What’s your favorite quote?

“Paisios”

Sinner
Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

....We don’t reduce Christ to what we are; He raises us to what He is. The Message 1 Corinthians 10

Do not commit the crime for which you now serve the sentence. God said, “Vengeance is mine”. The Priest, The Count of Monte Cristo

If we are not free from sin until we die, then Jesus isn't our Savior, death is. Georgian Banov

"A good marriage is not without conflict. A good marriage is when you learn to resolve issues." - Jimmy Evans

“I dont fight the bull, I ride it” (Veteran at eyes doctors office). When I thanked him for making me laugh, he answered: “Well, you know, in life there are two things: laugh or die”.

“If my sinfulness appears to me in any way smaller or less detestable in comparison with the sins of others, I am still not recognizing my sinfulness at all.” - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Life Together

Cheap grace is the preaching of forgiveness without requiring repentance, baptism without church discipline, Communion without confession, absolution without personal confession. Cheap grace is grace without discipleship, grace without the cross, grace without Jesus Christ, living and incarnate...
Costly grace is the gospel which must be sought again and again, the gift which must be asked for, the door at which a man must knock.
Such grace is costly because it calls us to follow, and it is grace because it calls us to follow Jesus Christ. It is costly because it costs a man his life, and it is grace because it gives a man the only true life. It is costly because it condemns sin, and grace because it justifies the sinner...” - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Discipleship

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” - CS Lewis, Is Theology Poetry?

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
“It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for a bird to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.” - CS Lewis, Mere Christianity

“There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one.” CS Lewis, That Hideous Strength

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This is one of my fav'rites:

But-God-in-His-infinite-skill-blends-all-things-in-our-lives-and-cooks-them-in-the-oven-of-adversity.-One-day-we-shall-be-able-to-see-them-full-transformed.-Then-we-can-taste-that-they-are-%E2%80%93Greg-Laurie.jpg

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Bring on the Latin:

Qui desiderat pacem, praeperat bellum. - Those who desire peace should prepare for war. Vegetius.

Ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant. - They make a desert and call it peace. Calgacus in Tacitus.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - Who watches the watchers? Juvenal.

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori - It is a fine and beautiful thing to die for your country. Virgil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟213,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It was a women who drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her...WC Fields

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
On gun control hypocrisy/virtue signaling.
(and Oprah Winfrey's $500,000 matched by the Clooney's $500,000)

"Yo Oprah, You have a team of 8 heavily armed guards around you at ALL times. George and Amal have multiple trained armed guards. Ya'll need to tell your boys to unload and destroy their EVIL weapons NOW so that they don't kill nobody." ~Quinton Jackson

Upvote 0