Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Japanese hospital administrator lived to be 105. He ate light and was very thin. He ate rice, vegetables, a little fish and two servings of meat a week. He thought a low body mass index is a key to long life, yet his work was more important than this.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Japanese hospital administrator lived to be 105. He ate light and was very thin. He ate rice, vegetables, a little fish and two servings of meat a week. He thought a low body mass index is a key to long life, yet his work was more important than this.
He was probably right with the low body mass idea. And genetics plays a big role. So how do we do the best we can with our genes? At least avoid processed foods, especially meats, lose weight. My downfall is cakes, breads and donuts. I do fish once in a while but avoid butter and cheese. Our bodies are unique though. What works for one may not work so well for another. Still, more fruits and vegetables can never be a bad thing.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He was probably right with the low body mass idea. And genetics plays a big role. So how do we do the best we can with our genes? At least avoid processed foods, especially meats, lose weight. My downfall is cakes, breads and donuts. I do fish once in a while but avoid butter and cheese. Our bodies are unique though. What works for one may not work so well for another. Still, more fruits and vegetables can never be a bad thing.
“Seek ye first the kingdom of God…” It is important to make improvements, more than trying to stay alive for 90 years.

I found fasting lowered my blood pressure.

My dad said, “A leopard can’t change its spots.” He was of the school arguing genetics is a major factor. You can’t change your genetics, but may try to improve your attitude and behavior.

Upvote 0