May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am usually very slow to say someone isn't a Christian, but I assure you that the Westboro Baptist Church is one of the furthest groups from representing Christ. Which is a vital part of Christianity - imagine that. Whatever plans they have with picketing the CT school funeral, please know that they are a man-corrupted group and not God-corrupted. God hates our sin and there is punishment without Christ, but He sent His son, Jesus, to save the world not to condemn it - we condemn ourselves. John 3:17 "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." (ESV)

I don't see anywhere that this is a false or made up story, but I certainly hope this story is not true. I pray that these family be shown Christ's love from real Christians.

Last edited:

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
These are horrible evil people. I can't even believe that they read the same Bible or believe in the same God as me. It makes no sense at all.

This is as heartless and as cold as it gets. it's hard enough to be a Christian and these people make it even harder.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟390,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's churches like Westboro , that make me glad that we DON'T Have government enforced religion, as it could just as easily be this version verses "My" version that is thought in schools. (Though some also wouldn't like "My" version thought either vs another version)

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟390,051.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are they picketing? I tried the link but it said page not found

Yea OP Link is bad. Try these
Connecticut school shooting: Westboro Baptist Church planning to picket - Oklahoma City Top News | Examiner.com
Westboro Baptist Church To Picket Sandy Hook Elementary, Praise God For Shooting

as to why? They like the attention.
“Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment,” Shirley Phelps-Roper tweeted on Dec. 15.

Upvote 0

BeeWrangler

wishing I was fishing
Feb 13, 2011
The boonies
✟5,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the links. That is crazy... I don't even know what to say, I don't know who is more of a nut... the protesters or the appealing judge. Yes there is freedom of speech, but he died for his country so there could be freedom of speech!! Its like asking someone for help then slapping them in the face after they save you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I say, let them make it there, and I hope the whole town and surrounding towns show up to block their paths! If I were a pastor, I'd be gathering as many volunteers from my church and community to form a counter protest and keep these low-lifes from the event!

Upvote 0
May 18, 2012
Missouri Ozarks
✟16,544.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That "pastor" is not of God... he teaches hate. That church is not a Baptist. No Baptist church I have ever heard of teaches his doctrine. However, he is giving Baptist a black eye and causes our work here harder.

I know it is unchristian like, but this man and his church makes me angry!:mad:

grandma

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That "pastor" is not of God... he teaches hate. That church is not a Baptist. No Baptist church I have ever heard of teaches his doctrine. However, he is giving Baptist a black eye and causes our work here harder.

grandma

:thumbsup: Amen!

Upvote 0

SoulBap6

Sep 12, 2011
✟8,358.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

grandma

I live in El Paso Texas, Here is Ft Bliss Texas a Army Base and a National cementry just a few years ago there were soldiers come back to be buried here. These terrorist showed up. The signs and the total disrespect for these soldiers, Made me angry I am a Baptist Preacher, I am also a Veteran and I served this nation for 20 years as a Soldier. I gave those terrorist the right to say what they said because I fought for freedom. The soldiers they disrespected also gave them the right. You notice I did not call them Baptist, they would have to repent before I would even consider calling them anything.

Upvote 0