Richmond
✟19,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What's missing in this discussion is that Russia holds all the cards because their military and Allies are crushing the Ukrainians with only a Special Military Operation. They are using only 10-12% of their military personnel in this operation and are able to rotate them in and out for refitting and R&R. My crystal ball is in the repair shop (after it predicted a sane and civilized discussion about the spiritual aspects of this terrible war when posting the topic) but here is something like where I see this ending up.
Russia finishes up the liberation/conquest of Donetsk and then turns it attention to securing Odessa in order to create a land bridge to Transnistria region. They will also, probably, secure Kharkiv and surrounding environs. At that point, they will declare a unilateral ceasefire, proclaim an annexation of these territories and begin a partial mobilization of its forces. They then warn the US/NATO/EU (and its Ukrainian puppets) that any attack on the liberated/captured territory will result in a declaration of War and march on Kiev.
This all happens as the winter draws closer and closer and more and more Governments fall or experience great societal frustration and upheaval. The West is then forced into a decision between accepting these events (Russian war gains) as a fait accompli or escalating into a direct confrontation with a nuclear power against the backdrop of Chinese exploitation of the situation.
All of this never had to happen if only the Ukrainians had ignored Boris Johnson, Jake Sullivan and Joe Biden back in March when they were talking with the Russians in Istanbul. If (when) the Russians go on to take Kiev, then I'm sure they would follow the same methodology to tame the Ukrainians that they deployed with Chechyna.
After all is said and done, the West comes out of this conflict badly beaten and forever has lost its global hegemony. We get a new Ecumenical Patriarch (who is not AB Elvis) that seeks rapprochement with Moscow and the West finally stops exporting death and misery in the name of Democracy. One can only pray.

Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Pacific Coast - originally from Maine
✟453,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And each time, no one is allowed to fight back because it will "take longer."

I just read right here on the forum that this whole war is caused by "the men behind the men at Davos."

Most likely we will find life on another planet before we find a Russian who is actually accountable for anything that goes on in Russia.

You know, in a previous generation there were Jews being gassed and burned alive in the ovens and the Nazis kept coming and coming but it was never their fault. No sir. It was all those rich Jewish bankers that were running the world.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I just read right here on the forum that this whole war is caused by "the men behind the men at Davos."

Most likely we will find life on another planet before we find a Russian who is actually accountable for anything that goes on in Russia.

You know, in a previous generation there were Jews being gassed and burned alive in the ovens and the Nazis kept coming and coming but it was never their fault. No sir. It was all those rich Jewish bankers that were running the world.
It is strange how everything that goes on in Russia that is bad is the fault of the West, but everything that is good is straight from Russia. Somehow that is managed.

Somehow, Putin is so powerful that it is immoral for anyone to defend their homes against his soldiers because, after all, that only makes it take longer. Ukraine, then Poland, Finland, absorb them all. Then they will need to be buffered, too. As Putin's ever-expanding Russia moves West, they will be even closer to NATO! That will mean they need to seize more territory! And remember, don't defend yourselves. That makes it take longer! "YOU are causing this war by fighting! If you just let us knock over your government, then we would win. WHY are you making us WORK for the fun of killing you??"

Even his apologists cannot answer a simple question about where it ends. Every such question is simply ignored.

And yet, he and his country are, at the same time, such shrinking kittens that everything puts them into fear for their lives. Everything is a threat.

Russia is a land of contradictions. For example, everyone there is super Orthodox, but almost no one is interested in Orthodoxy. Strange!

The elite hate the devilish West, but send all their children to be educated there and own mansions there themselves. So complex.

Even their ruler, Putin, rails against the West...while wearing expensive Italian turtlenecks and coats...maybe he really got them from a secret factory in Khomutovo.

• Agree
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
✟453,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Somehow, Putin is so powerful that it is immoral for anyone to defend their homes against his soldiers because, after all, that only makes it take longer. Ukraine, then Poland, Finland, absorb them all. Then they will need to be buffered, too. As Putin's ever-expanding Russia moves West, they will be even closer to NATO! That will mean they need to seize more territory! And remember, don't defend yourselves. That makes it take longer! "YOU are causing this war by fighting! If you just let us knock over your government, then we would win. WHY are you making us WORK for the fun of killing you??"

Russia invaded Ukraine, has hundreds of thousands of troops there, and is shaking every tree between Estonia and Vladivostok (which Russia took from the Chinese years ago, but I digress) to find even more bodies to send to Ukraine.

Meanwhile, Ukraine has invaded ZERO parts of Russia and has ZERO troops in Russia. BUT. Bad Ukraine for escalating the war. What were they thinking!!! Clearly Russia is liberating Ukraine by killing grannie and the 3- year old child with Down's Syndrome. Both grannie and the child were hiding Nazis in the attic. They asked for it and should have expected it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I leave the village and head to the regional capital, Pskov. As I drive past a military base, the slogan on the poster outside catches my eye: "The borders of Russia never end!"

Reality of Ukraine war hidden from Fortress Russia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"I leave the village and head to the regional capital, Pskov. As I drive past a military base, the slogan on the poster outside catches my eye: "The borders of Russia never end!"

Reality of Ukraine war hidden from Fortress Russia
This is why they had to shut down all the "foreign" (non-Putinite) media. So all most people would have to go by is the junk they put out on state TV and websites.

It's "funny" - if you just watch state TV, you might think that "that's how Russians are -- just really tense and they sound like they're lying all the time. National character." But you can see TV Rain again now that they've gotten themselves together in Latvia. And there -- it's competent, professional Russian-speaking anchors who don't sound like they're lying through their teeth.

Everyone in the state propaganda apparatus knows they're lying. Every last one. They treat their fellow countrymen like idiots and slaves.

The ROC's "whole hog" attitude this time is truly, truly shameful. For people who are not sure what I mean: the hierarchs of the ROC are a-ok with the bombing of their own parishes and the slaughter of their parishioners. Once this house of cards falls...I can't even imagine what will happen to the ROC.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Social media account of former President of the RF, Dmitri Medvedev, posted a post referring to Georgia and Kazakhstan saying that after taking Kyiv and destroying Ukraine's sovreignty, Russia would seek to expand in other ways.

Of course, some claim the account was hacked.

But hacked or not, those who support the destruction of Ukraine (either because they want to see Ukraine destroyed, or because it "takes too long" to resist) might take this time to say what they think of the expansion of the RF in other directions.

Medvedev Questions Neighbors’ Sovereignty in ‘Hacked’ Post - The Moscow Times

Upvote 0

tapi

Apr 19, 2010
Stockholm
✟147,994.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Social media account of former President of the RF, Dmitri Medvedev, posted a post referring to Georgia and Kazakhstan saying that after taking Kyiv and destroying Ukraine's sovreignty, Russia would seek to expand in other ways.

Of course, some claim the account was hacked.

But hacked or not, those who support the destruction of Ukraine (either because they want to see Ukraine destroyed, or because it "takes too long" to resist) might take this time to say what they think of the expansion of the RF in other directions.

Medvedev Questions Neighbors’ Sovereignty in ‘Hacked’ Post - The Moscow Times

He did earlier on during the war state that Russia would build a united Eurasia from Vladivostok to Lisbon, so the annexations of Georgia and Kazakhstan are not too out of line with his recent "line".

• Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
✟453,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Putin is having problems making some of his other "ventures" work because he does not have enough troops and some of the countries in the region are taking advantage of the fact that he is spread thin.

The Azerbaijan and Armenia conflct is picking up speed. In normal times Putin would intervene even more with more troops to "solve" the problems but instead Azerbaijan is leaning westward and the EU suddenly discovered that Azerbaijan was great place with all that gas. Not what Vlad wants to hear.

Putin does not have enough troops to expand anywhere right now. All the throwing money at the ethnic minorities is not working. And if he orders a general mobilization that will cause him more problems than he wants back home. This is supposed to be a spectator sport for Moscow and St. Petersburg waive the Russian flag while the kids from Siberia and the Caucuses die in Ukraine.

One can argue that if he does not have the troops, then his expansions will be fueled by missiles. And that may be. I am just saying he is running very low on troops. Yes, he is making minor gains in the Donbas, but Lisbon and Helsinki are a long way from the Donbas.

Anyway, Azerbaijan and Kazahkstan are moving a little closer to the west these days. Maybe with some China connections mixed in but away from Moscow either way. That will make Vlad angry and the apologists will immediately blame it on NATO and EU interference. or maybe Cuba 1962 and a few rounds of Monroe Doctrine chants thrown in. Certainly not because of anything that Russia doing.

EU signs new gas deal as fears grow over Russian supplies cutoff
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/18/eu-gas-deal-with-azerbaijan-as-fears-grow-over-russia-supplies.html

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0