Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think (and I'll check to be sure) West Nile virus is a type of encephalitis. Think "flu symptoms" needing a hospital.

Your best bet would be to use all the tactics to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes. Make sure there is no standing water in your yard or around your property, and I have found taking a multivitamin along with taking brewer's yeast makes you taste "undesirable" to mosquitoes. Also avoid perfume and cologne.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Terri:

Cut the mega-pill vitamin in half, see if that makes it easier to swallow. I'm sympathetic, I had a prescription for an antibiotic once that came in a HUGE pill, that would have gagged an elephant. Cutting it in half helped a lot.

Oh, and if there are any abandoned tires near your home, check them out; water collects in them and mosquitoes are in heaven!

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Terri:

Try children's chewables....take TWO.

I do understand...I've gotten some of those horse pills lodged in my throat, and it feels like I've got a toothbrush sideways down there. Even after the pill finally continues its trip to the stomach, my throat is still sore.

I finally started taking my calcium supplements in that chewable chocolate caramel form. WHAT a sacrifice!! ;) :D :D :D

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0