Wesley's Parish Fellowship ASA Thread (7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Historicus

Follower of Jesus Christ
Apr 20, 2005
Ohio
✟55,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We finally have snow, and the cold. In fact it was 50 degrees, had a thunderstorm with hail and heavy rain come through yesterday evening and within an hour it was in the low 30s and snowing.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday! :wave: :)

Upvote 0

GraceSeeker

Jul 2, 2007
USA
✟17,297.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We "made" snow on the hill last night. I don't mean overnight after everyone was gone, I mean during the evening and night shifts while we were trying to teach ski lessons on the hill. I came into the instructor's room after having given one set of lessons and there was enough snow trapped in my hood that we were able to have a snowball fight with it.

Googles were useless, as if you put them down in less than 30 seconds they were covered so thick we couldn't see through them to watch our students. Just a miserable night to try to teach. I felt for our students who sometimes had to stand in it, except that the type of snow we were making was perfect for beginners to learn in. So, at least that element was good. And though the customers are usually oblvious to this, we always try to stand so that we instructors are the one's getting the face full of snow, and the students have their back to the blowing snow or wind.

Upvote 0

Maid Marie

Zechariah 4:6
Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
We "made" snow on the hill last night. I don't mean overnight after everyone was gone, I mean during the evening and night shifts while we were trying to teach ski lessons on the hill. I came into the instructor's room after having given one set of lessons and there was enough snow trapped in my hood that we were able to have a snowball fight with it.

Googles were useless, as if you put them down in less than 30 seconds they were covered so thick we couldn't see through them to watch our students. Just a miserable night to try to teach. I felt for our students who sometimes had to stand in it, except that the type of snow we were making was perfect for beginners to learn in. So, at least that element was good. And though the customers are usually oblvious to this, we always try to stand so that we instructors are the one's getting the face full of snow, and the students have their back to the blowing snow or wind.

That's what I want!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maid Marie

Zechariah 4:6
Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Rain and 55 degrees today. :( I think I wouldn't mind it as much if it was sunny and 55 degrees. ;)

How is everyone's tuesday going so far?

After having meltdowns this month over unstuffed memories of cancer treatment, I found that it was easier to go to the doctor today. I'm still shaking from the trauma of it, but at least feel that the doctor finally understands what I've gone through, health wise, the last decade.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.