Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
IXOYE said:
I was just wondering how that gift came to be in your life, was it sudden and uncontrolable? or did you just feel the urge one day and say what the heck? I'm really curious, I ernestly seek after the gift, but it has thus elluded me. I'm hoping that God gives it to me someday soon.
God does not give this gift anymore because its purpose has been fulfilled. The gift of tongues has ceased.

Upvote 0

indonesianpalmtree

JC's sentinel
Mar 17, 2004
Western Cape
✟568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Support its ceasing with scripture please! There isn't a place where it says: "OK, guys. That's a rap. Strange, unreastistic, unpredictable miracles have stopped for now. The closest open miracles now are coincidences like not dying in a car-crash."

Why's it so hard to believe in the things that sound absurd...in the things that sound so crazy that it sounds impossible? All i ask is to be open to at least its existence - anything is possible.

I know if one chooses not to believe in it they don't have to, but remember that we all walk on different lanes on God's Highway :)

God bless

Upvote 0

@@Paul@@

The Key that Fits:Acts 28
Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
indonesianpalmtree said:
I know if one chooses not to believe in it they don't have to, but remember that we all walk on different lanes on God's Highway :)

God bless
Yes indeed :)....... Some in the SLOW lane and some in the FAST lane, and worst lane of all for christians to be driving in,,, the "CAR POOL lane"... :(

Upvote 0

Iosias

Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
indonesianpalmtree said:
Support its ceasing with scripture please! There isn't a place where it says: "OK, guys. That's a rap. Strange, unreastistic, unpredictable miracles have stopped for now. The closest open miracles now are coincidences like not dying in a car-crash."

Why's it so hard to believe in the things that sound absurd...in the things that sound so crazy that it sounds impossible? All i ask is to be open to at least its existence - anything is possible.

God bless
Come and join this thread...http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=8598808#post8598808

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.