Legend
Apr 9, 2004
somewhere in Michigan
✟23,757.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Let me surf the web we might be talking about the same car. Polo whats that?? Just checked a UK site what do you have a Hatchback or a sedan? Mine was a hatch back it was the GTI model. Which meant that it had sport tuned suspension plus it was lowered a bit and had more powerful motor. It handled like a go cart and was loads of fun to drive. but we need to stick to the subject of "Good Nazis"

Upvote 0

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
wildthing said:
Let me surf the web we might be talking about the same car. Polo whats that?? Just checked a UK site what do you have a Hatchback or a sedan? Mine was a hatch back it was the GTI model. Which meant that it had sport tuned suspension plus it was lowered a bit and had more powerful motor. It handled like a go cart and was loads of fun to drive. but we need to stick to the subject of "Good Nazis"

mine's a nice little hatchback.

Upvote 0

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
oldrooster said:
There were those in the resistance as well...

Surely at least now its time to realise that Germany is one of Europe's best hopes for a great renewal which indeed is occuring now. The Nazi history will always taint that nation residing in middle Europe but the fact is if anyone is a supporter of Winston Churchill who, along with FDR, saved the world back in the 1940's, then they must also support Churchill's hopes* that both Germany and France would head Europe's renewal.

* source: Roy Jenkins enormous biography of Churchill.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Wehrmach General von Choltitz, who was the German commander in Paris, surrendered the city to the Allies, rather than obey Hitler's orders to burn Paris to the ground. I don't know if this makes him "good", but at least it was the more civilized thing to do.

Upvote 0

Antari

I'm Your puppet, pull the strings.
Sep 29, 2004
Georgia
Visit site
✟1,254.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You must keep in mind that people only do things when they thing they're right, otherwise, they do it hesitantly. Every Nazi in the war, unless having second thoughts, thought that the genocide was justified. They were not guilty in their mind, though they were in ours, and were in God's eyes. So, to define a "good" Nazi is a difficult thing, as among themselves, they were all good. All evil people usually think their evil isn't evil, or justified evil, which doesn't exist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

Thursday

You must keep in mind that people only do things when they thing they're right, otherwise, they do it hesitantly. Every Nazi in the war, unless having second thoughts, thought that the genocide was justified. They were not guilty in their mind, though they were in ours, and were in God's eyes. So, to define a "good" Nazi is a difficult thing, as among themselves, they were all good. All evil people usually think their evil isn't evil, or justified evil, which doesn't exist.
Good point.

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
An important point to remember here is that the majority of the German military were not Nazi's and did not support the Nazi party. The Nazi element was mainly the SS. The Wermacht (Army) were regular soldiers. The wermacht high command and Prussion officer corps were opposed to Hitler because they resented being given orders by someone who had, after all, only reached the rank of corporal.

During the war there were around 17 attempts on Hitlers life, many of them by the Army.

So any debate about 'good' Nazi officers needs to look mainly within the ranks of the SS. One name which springs to mind is that of Brigadenfuhrer Walter Shellenberg. Although a high ranking member of the party, SS and the intelligence service he was never a supporter of Hitler. This is evidenced by the fact that, following his trial at Nuremberg, he only served 5 years in prison.

Another prime candidate would be Admiral Wilhelm Canaris, head of the Abwehr (intelligence). He was consistently opposed to Hitler. He was eventually killed by the SS in Flossenberg concentration camp in April 1945.

Upvote 0