Were is the biblical evidence that Adam & Eve were giantes?Is it theory or is it fact

YeshuamySalvation

Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
As a Seventh Day Adventist (Tradidtional) - i was never able to find any scriptural evidence for Adam and Eve being Giantes. Can we support this by scripture or is it only through Ellen G.W writings? Now as an Evengelical Adventist Messianic, i am alot more critical about some of these theories. I believe it may be true or it may not.. Just like Gen 6 were it talks about the Sons of God taking the daughters of men as wives. Some people take this to mean that these sons of God were Fallen Angels, but this is also theory not fact, it could be and it may not be.... According to the book of Enoch which some believe to be an inspired book, supports this theory of the fallen watchers and it also quotes from the book of Jude, what do guys think?

minus208

Dec 15, 2005
Miami
✟236.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I found myself struggling to support most Mrs. White wrtings before leaving the Adventist church. How can one have so many contradictions that not only contradicted one's own statements but the bible itself and still be label as "inspired". This was main reason why I had to leave the Adventist Church.

Upvote 0

YeshuamySalvation

Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
minus208 said:
I found myself struggling to support most Mrs. White wrtings before leaving the Adventist church. How can one have so many contradictions that not only contradicted one's own statements but the bible itself and still be label as "inspired". This was main reason why I had to leave the Adventist Church.
Well, i have found myself questioning alot of her teachings which have no biblical support, but you know what, i take whats good from her writings and discarde whats not good and contradictory in her writings.. I have said some strong things in this forum concerning Ellen White writings and perhaps most people are lead to believe that i reject her writings completely.... But that is far from the truth, i think her writing contain some great things in them.... The only problem i have is when some try to present her to me as a prophetess, and assume i'm not Adventist because i don't believe in her divine inspiration!!! Since when does the bible commend me that i must accept Ellen White writings as an "inspired commentary"...

Now back to the giant question what do you guys think.. Were Adam & Eve really giantes like the Nephlims?

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

YeshuamySalvation said:
Well, i have found myself questioning alot of her teachings which have no biblical support, but you know what, i take whats good from her writings and discarde whats not good and contradictory in her writings.. I have said some strong things in this forum concerning Ellen White writings and perhaps most people are lead to believe that i reject her writings completely.... But that is far from the truth, i think her writing contain some great things in them.... The only problem i have is when some try to present her to me as a prophetess, and assume i'm not Adventist because i don't believe in her divine inspiration!!! Since when does the bible commend me that i must accept Ellen White writings as an "inspired commentary"...

Now back to the giant question what do you guys think.. Were Adam & Eve really giantes like the Nephlims?
The bible does not say Adam & Eve were indeed giants. It does, however, say there WERE giants walking the earth before the flood. This is not specific about Adam & Eve.

I made post in the other thread about our planet was surrounded by a water canopy before the flood. Some scientists say the reptiles don't stop growing in a high temperature, high pressure environment. This may explains about the dinosaurs.

Ellen White wrote that Adam and Eve were giants. The bible doesn't say one way or another. So we would have to see when we get to heaven, right?

Upvote 0

YeshuamySalvation

Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
OntheDL said:
The bible does not say Adam & Eve were indeed giants. It does, however, say there WERE giants walking the earth before the flood. This is not specific about Adam & Eve.
I know, in Gen Chapter 6... But there are tons of speculations in regards to those passages which are not facts. One has to admite that the Gen 6 passages on the Giantes are very difficult ones to interpret...

I made a post in the other thread about our planet was surrounded by a water canopy before the flood. Some scientists say the reptiles don't stop growing in a high temperature, high pressure environment. This may explain about the dinosaurs.
Good one, show me the thread where you go indepth in explaining this..

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

YeshuamySalvation said:
I know, in Gen Chapter 6... But there are tons of speculations in regards to those passages which are not facts. One has to admite that the Gen 6 passages on the Giantes are very difficult ones to interpret...

Good one, show me the thread where you go indepth in explaining this..[/font][/color]

The giants in Gen 6 could also be spiritual giants (wicked) as the case with Nimrod. So the scripture is silent on this subject.

I'll cut-&-paste from the vegetarian thread:

Also, our current environment is different from the pre-flood environment.
Genesis 1
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

The firmament is the air/sky. And if air divided waters from waters and there were waters above and under the air, then the earth must have been originally covered by a water canopy suspended above the atmosphere. And inside this water canopy, it would have been high temperature, high pressure and high humidity. People live in such environment naturally regenerate and heal faster.

I think this interpretation also positively disprove that our planet is millions/billions of year old by the carbon14 dating method.

Upvote 0

minus208

Dec 15, 2005
Miami
✟236.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
OntheDL said:

I made post in the other thread about our planet was surrounded by a water canopy before the flood. Some scientists say the reptiles don't stop growing in a high temperature, high pressure environment. This may explains about the dinosaurs.

Did you knwo that Ellen White said that dinosaurs never existed? Dinosaurs was a hoax created by scientist (Basicly, that what it came down to).

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

minus208 said:
Did you knwo that Ellen White said that dinosaurs never existed? Dinosaurs was a hoax created by scientist (Basicly, that what it came down to).

Where did she write this? Show me the source please.

How do you know dinosaurs did exist? Did you know alot of these dinosaur skeletons displaced in museums were constructed from a single bone?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jabechler

Mar 16, 2006
✟324.00
Faith
SDA
YeshuamySalvation said:
As a Seventh Day Adventist (Tradidtional) - i was never able to find any scriptural evidence for Adam and Eve being Giantes. Can we support this by scripture or is it only through Ellen G.W writings? Now as an Evengelical Adventist Messianic, i am alot more critical about some of these theories. I believe it may be true or it may not.. Just like Gen 6 were it talks about the Sons of God taking the daughters of men as wives. Some people take this to mean that these sons of God were Fallen Angels, but this is also theory not fact, it could be and it may not be.... According to the book of Enoch which some believe to be an inspired book, supports this theory of the fallen watchers and it also quotes from the book of Jude, what do guys think?
The book of Enoch is apocryful. This believe is taking srcipture out of context. The sons of God and the wifes of man are the wrongful interaction between Gods followers and those who rejected God. This gives yet another example as to why God gave us the spirit of Prophecy, to help us sort through all the changes in Gods word through translation and the misconceptions that man has devised.

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0
H

HoneyDew

OntheDL said:
The giants in Gen 6 could also be spiritual giants (wicked) as the case with Nimrod. So the scripture is silent on this subject.

I'll cut-&-paste from the vegetarian thread:

Also, our current environment is different from the pre-flood environment.
Genesis 1
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

The firmament is the air/sky. And if air divided waters from waters and there were waters above and under the air, then the earth must have been originally covered by a water canopy suspended above the atmosphere. And inside this water canopy, it would have been high temperature, high pressure and high humidity. People live in such environment naturally regenerate and heal faster.

I think this interpretation also positively disprove that our planet is millions/billions of year old by the carbon14 dating method.

Close, but no cigar.
The author of that story had a worldview and was writing from that worldview. They had a geocentric understanding of the universe, that is, they understood that the sun and moon and stars revolved around the Earth and that the Earth was stationary. A big giveaway is explaining that the Earth was created and actually had trees and grass without the presence of sunlight when as we now know they need sunlight for photosynthesis.
They also had no concept of where rain came from -- to them the heavens literally opened up and the waters above fell to the Earth below, and we now know that a plane can be flying above rainclouds and be as dry as anything because there is no water above the airplane, but in the clouds below the airplane.

Why do we insist on having a problem with an older Earth? God is ETERNAL. A possible four billion year-old universe is nothing special. Or are we afraid of regarding something else? Something fundamental to our core beliefs?

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

HoneyDew said:
Close, but no cigar.
The author of that story had a worldview and was writing from that worldview. They had a geocentric understanding of the universe, that is, they understood that the sun and moon and stars revolved around the Earth and that the Earth was stationary. A big giveaway is explaining that the Earth was created and actually had trees and grass without the presence of sunlight when as we now know they need sunlight for photosynthesis.
They also had no concept of where rain came from -- to them the heavens literally opened up and the waters above fell to the Earth below, and we now know that a plane can be flying above rainclouds and be as dry as anything because there is no water above the airplane, but in the clouds below the airplane.
Are you saying the spirit that inspired Genesis didn't understand the earth and moon revolve around the sun? I invite you to search the bible to see where it says quite the opposite.

Why do we insist on having a problem with an older Earth? God is ETERNAL. A possible four billion year-old universe is nothing special. Or are we afraid of regarding something else? Something fundamental to our core beliefs?
If you say the earth is billion of year old, then you made God a lier.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

By the description of the days in Genesis 1, the 6 days of creation were literal days.

Maybe this is why some throw Exd 20:11 and the sabbath commandment to the garbage bin?

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What bible are you reading OntheDL? It clearly states in Gen 1 In the beginning God created heaven and earth, then in the very next sentence it states that the earth was without form and void and water covered the earth..... now where did this water covered earth come from if this was the beginning of God's creative act?

Likewise you are suggesting that on the day God made the stars that He made the all of the universe? Six days to make earth and one day to create the untold billions of other galaxies?

As for what the spirit understood and what Moses understood are two different things... God did not dictate to humans what to write... he inspired the thought and humans put it down as best they could.... so while God knew that the sun did not revolve around the earth, the humans at that time did not know that.... and its reflected in what they wrote...

I suppose next you are going to tell me that God didn't create the dinosaurs?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
O

OntheDL

StormyOne said:
What bible are you reading OntheDL? It clearly states in Gen 1 In the beginning God created heaven and earth, then in the very next sentence it states that the earth was without form and void and water covered the earth..... now where did this water covered earth come from if this was the beginning of God's creative act?
I think you didn't understand my original post.
Likewise you are suggesting that on the day God made the stars that He made the all of the universe? Six days to make earth and one day to create the untold billions of other galaxies?
It doesn't matter what you think is possible or what I think. What does the bible say? God says in six days He made heaven and earth and all that in them. So I'm going by what was recorded in the bible not speculation of our finite minds.
As for what the spirit understood and what Moses understood are two different things... God did not dictate to humans what to write... he inspired the thought and humans put it down as best they could.... so while God knew that the sun did not revolve around the earth, the humans at that time did not know that.... and its reflected in what they wrote...
God does not dictate what humans write but what they wrote are consistant with the truth. Where in the bible it sugguests the stars revolve around the earth?
Hmm...that's funny. Can I ask you something? How does bread taste without the frankincense? :)

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OntheDL said:
I think you didn't understand my original post.

It doesn't matter what you think is possible or what I think. What does the bible say? God says in six days He made heaven and earth and all that in them. So I'm going by what was recorded in the bible not speculation of our finite minds.

God does not dictate what humans write but what they wrote are consistant with the truth. Where in the bible it sugguests the stars revolve around the earth?

Hmm...that's funny. Can I ask you something? How does bread taste without the frankincense? :)

thank you for your response.... as for the bread, never knew it could be eaten like that.... learn something new everyday....

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
jabechler said:
The book of Enoch is apocryful. This believe is taking srcipture out of context. The sons of God and the wifes of man are the wrongful interaction between Gods followers and those who rejected God. This gives yet another example as to why God gave us the spirit of Prophecy, to help us sort through all the changes in Gods word through translation and the misconceptions that man has devised.

a. it is not clear from just the Bible that this is the case.

b. You also have the text in Peter that speaks of spirits who sinned in the times of Noah who were put in prison. This could be those angels.

From EGW's writings it is clear that she held it to be the line of Seth and Esau.

But one thing that is interesting....even if you take the view that you mentioned ,that the mixture of God's followers, and those who rejected Him are what are referenced, then you still have the problem in the OP.

The giants were notable for their size. If they were the result of a mixture of Seth and Esau's line then that would mean that these giants were BIGGER than Seth or Esau, and Adam and Eve.

Upvote 0
H

HoneyDew

OntheDL said:
Are you saying the spirit that inspired Genesis didn't understand the earth and moon revolve around the sun? I invite you to search the bible to see where it says quite the opposite.

If you say the earth is billion of year old, then you made God a lier.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

By the description of the days in Genesis 1, the 6 days of creation were literal days.

Maybe this is why some throw Exd 20:11 and the sabbath commandment to the garbage bin?

It's like playing that Twister game ...

Could you supply me with specific texts from the Bible that shows they understood the universe as we do today? Could you show me texts to prove that they knew the Earth was NOT stationary but moved in space and around the sun?

And, no, I have not made the Creator a liar, as you put it. Quite the contrary. But that will take time to sort out.

Upvote 0
H

HoneyDew

StormyOne said:

As I have heard it, the dinosaurs' bones were planted by Satan to misdirect us into accepting false doctrines, such as evolution. That way he (the devil) could get us on either theistic and atheistic grounds by these red herrings he has thrown across our paths.

:sigh:

... And we keep hammering it in others to look at the evidence. Yet here we are.

Upvote 0