Apr 7, 2012
in front if a computer
✟631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone

I have just being listening to the fuel project and really enjoying the series, great teaching. I would love to hear some feedback regarding the below video, were does morality come from ?, its really short about 10 min, let me know your thoughts.

click the link or youtube , the fuel project - where morality comes from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46s8iGhhq8c&index=5&list=PL1C889ED74C82E57C

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone

I have just being listening to the fuel project and really enjoying the series, great teaching. I would love to hear some feedback regarding the below video, were does morality come from ?, its really short about 10 min, let me know your thoughts.

Morality comes from God. It isn't something you read in the bible. It is an instinct. CS Lewis proved this by asking the reader to find the most immoral or amoral person you know and steal from them. They will automatically know that it is wrong. Sure, they steal from others but isn't becuase they don't know morals. They just choose to ignore morals.

Upvote 0

pauluk3

Apr 7, 2012
in front if a computer
✟631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Morality comes from God. It isn't something you read in the bible. It is an instinct. CS Lewis proved this by asking the reader to find the most immoral or amoral person you know and steal from them. They will automatically know that it is wrong. Sure, they steal from others but isn't becuase they don't know morals. They just choose to ignore morals.

what did you think of the video

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
what did you think of the video

Just finishing watching it. I liked the CS Lewis version better. Every person should read Mere Christianity at least once. It clears up so much confusion and gives a firm foundation for apologetics that work well when witnessing to those who refuse to hear scripture.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
I like what C.S. Lewis said about morality as well:

"I think all Christians would agree with me if I said that though Christianity seems at first to be all about morality, all about duties and rules and guilt and virtue, yet it leads you on, out of all that, into something beyond. One has a glimpse of a country where they do not talk of these things, except perhaps as a joke. Everyone there is filled full with what we should call goodness as a mirror is filled with light. But they do not call it goodness. They do not call it anything. They are not thinking of it. They are too busy looking at the source from which it comes."

"Christianity differs from ordinary ideas of 'morality' and 'being good.' ...the whole of Christianity is 'putting on Christ.' Christianity offers nothing else."

"...the Christian is in a different position from other people who are trying to be good. ...the Christian thinks that any good he does comes from the Christ-life inside him."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just finishing watching it. I liked the CS Lewis version better. Every person should read Mere Christianity at least once. It clears up so much confusion and gives a firm foundation for apologetics that work well when witnessing to those who refuse to hear scripture.
Totally agree. :thumbsup: It's a great book, and turned me on to reading many more of his works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums