Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Adam is called the "son of God" in the genealogy of Luke. Considering Christ is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, and that men began calling upon the name of the Lord way back in Genesis 4 when Adam and Eve were still alive, I would wager they were saved the same way we are.

John 1:12 "But as many as received him gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:"

Adam was a son of God, created in the image of God as the "figure of him who was to come," so I would say for sure saved.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Question in title :)

I say yes.

I don't think there is enough info.

Adam fell from son of God to son of man. Although it would be symmetric that the first Adam was saved by believing in the "second" Adam (who was always the first), I can't say for sure. He heard the prophecy of the Redeemer in Genesis 3:15, but he also heard the direct voice of the Most High God when He told Adam that if he indulged in the "fruit" of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, he would die... he literally chose death over life.

I would say we may know at least two of his antediluvian sons are more or less "safe": Enoch, and Noah - the 7th and 10th.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which of course completely contradicts scripture.
To those without, all thing are done in parable. So that seeing they will not see. Of the over 500 accounts of the word Adam(or hebrew word translated as adam sometimes and man/mankind others) in scripture, about 10 could be translated as a singular noun....e.g. the name of a person/place....one of the times, was, in fact, naming a place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
To those without, all thing are done in parable. So that seeing they will not see.
Its a bit foolish to claim a parable when the real life story in Genesis is self evident. ie. Adam is treated as a singular person by the Lord.
Of the over 500 accounts of the word Adam(or hebrew word translated as adam sometimes and man/mankind others) in scripture, about 10 could be translated as a singular noun....e.g. the name of a person/place....one of the times, was, in fact, naming a place.
True but irrelevant to the story.
Moab was a singular man, but later on is referred to as a people group. That can never detract from the singular origin.
Ditto Edom, Ishmael, Israel, Ephraim etc. Every one a singular real person, and pretending they were never anything but people groups would be really silly. The same with Adam the man, and Adam as mankind.

• Winner
Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its a bit foolish to claim a parable when the real life story in Genesis is self evident. ie. Adam is treated as a singular person by the Lord.

True but irrelevant to the story.
Moab was a singular man, but later on is referred to as a people group. That can never detract from the singular origin.
Ditto Edom, Ishmael, Israel, Ephraim etc. Every one a singular real person, and pretending they were never anything but people groups would be really silly. The same with Adam the man, and Adam as mankind.
And this is how you are suppose to see it until you are ready to see more. There is nothing wrong with what you believe.

"I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able."

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And this is how you are suppose to see it until you are ready to see more. There is nothing wrong with what you believe.

"I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able."
Um, he’s completely right though. Study your Old Testament and that’s exactly the truth.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um, he’s completely right though. Study your Old Testament and that’s exactly the truth.
Most people would and should agree with you and him. I see nothing wrong with it. Continue as you believe.....

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I happen to believe Adam stood for all of mankind and therefore wasnt a singular person.....

Did "all of mankind" talk with Eve and decide to eat the apple?
Was "all of mankind" married to Eve?
Was "all of mankind" also "Eve"? so then did 'All of mankind' talk to the serpent?
Was "all of mankind" in the garden sinless, perfect, and married to someone at the start?
Was "all of mankind" suddenly naked after eating the apple -- and hiding when God showed up.
Did "all of mankind" blame Eve?

As "a single person" it makes sense... but as 10million people - it is nonsense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did "all of mankind" talk with Eve and decide to eat the apple?
Yes, and we still do so today. When was the last time you judged something good or evil?

Was "all of mankind" married to Eve?
yes, at one point.... but we separated......now our goal should be to become one flesh. And for this cause shall man leave mother and father.

Was "all of mankind" also "Eve"? so then did 'All of mankind' talk to the serpent?
Yes, Eve was in Man...until she was removed from us. And Yes, we have all heard that voice in our head telling us who outside of us is doing wrong......when we agree, is makes us feel as gods judging good and evil..

Was "all of mankind" in the garden sinless, perfect, and married to someone at the start?

Yes, we were all one.....married, if you will,.... after we screwed things up, we were given garments of skin, and sent out of the garden.

Was "all of mankind" suddenly naked after eating the apple -- and hiding when God showed up.
Yes, but we did not suddenly become naked.....we perceived ourselves as naked.....needing more than we had be whole.

Did "all of mankind" blame Eve?
Yes, and we still do..... and will.... until we cleave to her and become one flesh again.

As "a single person" it makes sense... but as 10million people - it is nonsense.

I agree, and this is all that should make since to us.....until it doesnt make sense anymore.....

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Did Adam and Eve obtain salvation?"https://www.christianforums.com/threads/were-adam-and-eve-saved-by-god.8083856/

I see no evidence that they sought salvation or repented. They died the day they sinned and were physically alive meaning they died a spiritual death. If no repentance and forgiveness they would be lost souls sent to Hades until judgment day of the unsaved. Keep in mind Adam is a a human type of Lucifer. Created sinless, then willfully sinned against God, fell from grace and kicked out of "paradise" and dying a spiritual death. I say it is unlikely Adam was forgiven. Everyone likes to assume Adam was somehow this great guy but what if he was evil, even worse than Judas?

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
"Did Adam and Eve obtain salvation?"

I see no evidence that they sought salvation or repented. They died the day they sinned and were physically alive meaning they died a spiritual death. If no repentance and forgiveness they would be lost souls sent to Hades until judgment day of the unsaved. Keep in mind Adam is a a human type of Lucifer. Created sinless, then willfully sinned against God, fell from grace and kicked out of "paradise" and dying a spiritual death. I say it is unlikely Adam was forgiven. Everyone likes to assume Adam was somehow this great guy but what if he was evil, even worse than Judas?
The evidence that Adam understood redemption is witnessed in Abel.
Abel kept sheep when they were all vegetarians, I doubt it was for the wool!
Abel presented a blood sacrifice from the flock because he had been taught by his father Adam who had been redeemed back to the Lord in Eden by blood.
Abel's bloody sacrifice was accepted whereas Cain's vegetable, bloodless sacrifice was rejected.

Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin.

Upvote 0