• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

We're actually all in hell right now, and this is a delusion.

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Michael Collum, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+5,873
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    The scriptures say quite often that "I come quickly" and it is "at hand" the sense of imminent return shared among those who witnessed the second coming seems apparent from the new testament writings.

This implies that the judgment already came and we have been judged.

Currently this giant mass of sin that infected the first creation is being purified in the lake of fire, and our attachment to it creates a matrix of shared delusion to everyone also connected.

However, this will not last forever. Eventually all the sin will be purified, and we will join the rest of creation in the new heaven and the new earth.

of course, the other judgment models follow also i.e. Eternal Torment means Sin is eternal like God, and this will last forever. And Annihilationism means that when sin is erased, so are we.

so choose you own narrative, but we're totally in hell right now - it's the only reasonable explanation for the long period of wait.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tone

Tone "Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great." Supporter

+6,777
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Very interesting concept. I've actually experienced this for many years.

The only thing is...who says it's been a long period if it's only a delusion!

3. Tone

+6,777
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Job 13
    "However, two things do not turn away from me, and then I shall not turn aside from before you. Do not remove your hand from me, and do not let your awesomeness terrify me. Call me and I shall answer, or I shall speak and bring me an answer."

Hebrews 6
    "Because of this, let us leave the beginning of the message of The Messiah, and let us go on to perfection; or are you laying again another foundation for conversion from dead works and for faith in God, For the teaching of baptism, the laying on of hands, for the resurrection from among the dead, and for eternal judgment? We shall do this if THE LORD JEHOVAH permits."

4. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+2,812
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    This explains both IRS forms and HOAs...
    Hmm...

5. Eftsoon

Eftsoon Well-Known Member

+384
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    You're coming at this from the universalist angle I presume? No comment for or against on that score, but I would just caution that this is extremely speculative stuff. I don't believe that your reasoning is strong enough to post this as a reasonable certainty at all.

6. Michael Collum

+5,873
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Indeed, even the perception of the flow of time before we were born, may also be illusionary.

7. Michael Collum

+5,873
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    It would be relatively silly to be certain about uncertainty.

8. ChetSinger

ChetSinger Well-Known Member

+474
    Protestant
    Married
    Yikes, I hope not.

There is actually, in the Epistle of Barnabas, an early Christian viewpoint that human history would last six thousand years and then come to an end. And counting from creation, that end would be near our own time. Here is the text:

Barnabas 15:4
    Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
    meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
    things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
    and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
    the Lord shall be as a thousand years.
    Therefore, children, in six
    days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.​

This epistle isn't scripture, of course. But it's evidence that not all the early believers agreed that the end would come soon. The author of this letter wrote that it was still about 2,000 years away.

9. Michael Collum

+5,873
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I'd venture he was comparing the events of revelation with the events of genesis and coming to a conclusion that way. The beasts were born on the sixth day along with man - the man of perdition is part of the prophecies, so it would paint a vivid picture.

Since the signs of the prophetic age leading up to Jesus aligned with the third day, it was assumed they were in the fourth day since the apostles were giving the heavenly wisdom and declaring signs to watch for along with the sun of righteousness who had recently "risen."

If the conclusion of Barnabas was based on scripture, that's how I imagined he came to his conclusion.

10. MMXX

MMXX Well-Known Member

+2,572
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Back when I lived in Nevada already being in the lake of fire seemed plausible.

So what happens after we die in this scenario where we already died?

11. Tone

+6,777
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Yeah, so we could actually be in the 1st century.

12. Michael Collum

+5,873
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Since you're still attached to sin, something similar to reincarnation until you're purified. In the case of eternal torment, that will never happen. In the case of annihilation, all souls in this predicament will be erased once the sin is gone. In the case of ultimate reconciliation those who are purified, are given new lives under the administration of God and those who were given to rule the "nations" with a scepter of iron.

13. Michael Collum

+5,873
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Well, time ended with the judgment, even the heavens were melted with the fervent heat. So there'd be no way to keep time under the solar clock. However, it is plausible that under such a scenario, time as recorded in the bible ended in the 1st or early second century.

14. MMXX

MMXX Well-Known Member

+2,572
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I didn't quite see where you were going with this at first.

15. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+2,786
    Christian
    Married
    Um ok? I can think of lots of other options though.

16. Michael Collum

+5,873
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    So can I, this was a recurring thought though ... so I posted it.

17. Tone

+6,777
    United States
    Messianic
    Private

So, you really believe you/we are in hell?

18. Michael Collum

+5,873
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I think enough of me deems it a possibility for it to be a recurring thought. However, I have derived many viewpoints from studying the scriptures, many that run in parallel. This is one of the parallels.

19. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+14,542
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    I don’t think we’re in hell but I’ve wondered more than once if I swallowed the wrong pill!

~bella

20. Michael Collum

+5,873
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    That's a good one, me too.