Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's timely that you post this, brother, because I was reading it the day before going there to put myself in the right spiritual mindset for the visit there!

You refer to one of my favourite passages of the Bible. "for in Him we live and move and have our being". Those were the days, when people where actually intellectually curious. Where is our Areopagus today? Maybe it is TAW.

Acts 17
22 Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious; 23 for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription:

TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.

Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you: 24 “God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 25 Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. 26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ 29 Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked, while others said, “We will hear you again on this matter.” 33 So Paul departed from among them. 34 However, some men joined him and believed, among them Dionysius the Areopagite, a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That ship has sailed, sister!!! EXHAUSTED, but happy. Today we venerated the skull of St. Titus! We walked literally all over Heraklion and saw the Venetian fort/walls, archaeological museum of Crete, then the ruins of Knossos. Feet are killing me!

Plus....LOL....we're broke. I only have 50 Euros left....oops! LOL

PRAISE VISA!!

Have a really great time - but don't get worn out

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It most definitely was, Anhelyna!!!

And I'll bet the trip was worth every single Dollar/Euro it cost you :)

The kids have memories that will stay with them for a very very long time .

Upvote 0

Anna Scott

May 29, 2009
Texas
✟21,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 199274 View attachment 199275 View attachment 199276 View attachment 199277 So yesterday we went to Meteora....there are no words...it was positively breathtaking and spiritually nourishing!!! I've ever in my life seem anything so awe-inspiring! I can't imagine how anyone could visit Meteora's many monasteries and not immediately want to sign up for Holy Orthodoxy ASAP!

Today we ventured, while still in Meteora, to a well-respected and known icon studio owned bt Father Pefkis, a priest and iconographer trained in iconography at Mt. Athos. We got an awesome discount in our tour group, and Father and Presbytera took to our family quickly. They threw in several icons for free, blessed us, blessed the icons, signed them on the back with blessings. It was a real treat. $1,150 of icons cut to $850 with discount (cough,cough) and we could barely carry all those icons out of there! I estimate the worth at around $1,800-2,000. Real worth to us---priceless. All hand-painted and the five I show here,uh-hem, are definitely not all of them!!

Tomorrow is more touring around Athens on our own. Got back to Athens around 4 hours ago. Long drive from Meteora to here! We had a side stop at Thermopylae!

Inspirational photos!

Peace and blessings from your old friend, Anna

Upvote 0