• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Well known people who suffered bipolar

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thought it was dopamine, but theres various theories.
In my case, it may have been thyroid function.
I took iodine, omega 3 fish oil and vitamin b and d.

Plus all the other required prescribed meds when I was first diagnosed.

But Im better now, and dont need them anymore. Been that way several years and never needed to go back to hospital, praise the Lord!

Oh except vitamin d and b. Always need those. Best get them from your diet, or the sun but if cant, good idea to supplement.
All the various meds I took for 15 years did not help, and made me worse. All the things you say has helped tremendously once I was aware of them by doing my own research online. My thyroid was also checked. No Doctor ever recommended what I am doing now that has helped me so much, only answers to my Prayers to my Father for Wisdom. But I am not against meds, they just did not work for me.

Reactions: Goodbook
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just want to add RIP to Carrie Fisher (famous for playing Princess Leia on Star Wars, amongst other things) who passed away the other day, she was outspoken on how she suffered bipolar disorder for many years and got shock treatments - detailed in one of her memoirs 'Shockaholic'

It does seem to me that many people that suffer bipolar disorder make good comedians?!

• Agree
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Patty Duke (real name Anna) was one who passed away last year I think it was - she quit hollywood to lead a quiet life but was still acting in local theatre productions.

She played young Helen Keller in the Miracle Worker.

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

Ovlov90

Dec 7, 2017
Napanoch
✟12,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
i was watching autopsy on marilyn monroe and it said she suffered bipolar disorder.

This was news to me. Of course marilyn monroe was not her real name, she was born Norma Jean but created this character of movie star blonde bombshell MM.

It seems a lot of actors and actresses or arty type people have encountered bipolar disorder. Why do you think this is?

Some off the top of my head

vivien leigh
Carrie fisher
Sylvia plath
Spike milligan
Stephen fry
Catherine zeta jones
Bobby brown
Ever hear of Maris Bamford? Great comedian. Her material is anout being bi polar. Unless you are or know someone who is you may not understand it. But she hits it square on. Super creative in her approach.

Upvote 0