USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My husband got peed on once by an upstairs neighbor who didn't know he was standing under him---or so he said. My husband wanted to beat him to a pulp for weeks after---the guy finally did move out, the landlady was not happy with him. It is humiliating, and degrading. My husband forbid me to tell anyone what happened. I was trying hard not to laugh as he was furious. Yes, it bothered his sleep also. Why is this so hard to understand her reaction to this?

Being peed on by a neighbor standing over you (and who doesn't have the alleged excuse of being on a sleep medication) is a bit different. If it was intentional, then of course it was humiliating and degrading, and your husband would have every right to be furious.

Just as this woman has the right to be furious if this man intentionally urinated on her. But to say that she's so hysterically anxious that she can't sleep? What is she anxious about? She was asleep, he was most likely asleep (hence the sleep medication), and it's possible the whole thing was an unfortunate and unpleasant accident. The guy's been arrested, he's nowhere near her, they're unlikely to ever be face to face again.

Establish that the guy did something wrong before treating him like a villain. If it comes to light that he was coherent and aware and did this out of some sick perversion, then yeah, bring down the law on him.

For now, chill out and wait for the facts.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
No claims of whiplash from rapidly turning her head away. She stayed until the credits finished rolling right down to the last drop according to the article.

This thread is about ten posts away from "if it's inevitable, she might as well lie back and enjoy it."

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This thread is about ten posts away from "if it's inevitable, she might as well lie back and enjoy it."
Nah, just be rational instead of jumping to the conclusion it may be another me too moment.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. She should forgive him and beg God’s forgiveness for drawing attention to this embarrassing accident that is reflecting negatively on the good Parson.
I don't know if he is a good parson or not, but I imagine he is incredibly embarrassed about this incident.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A Michigan woman says she woke up to someone urinating on her while she was on a Delta flight home to Detroit from Las Vegas. That someone happened to be a well-known North Carolina pastor, according to a report from WJBK-TV, FOX 2 News in Detroit.

The pastor, who hasn’t been publicly identified, was issued a court appearance for misdemeanor assault and released, said Mara Schneider, a spokeswoman for the Detroit office of the FBI.

“Until he appears in front of a judge and therefore gets formally charged, we will not be releasing his name,” Schneider said.
"Well-known", but not identified. Sure.

He didn't say a single word, even after she screamed? Maybe he had a medical issue like a stroke or seizure or something, assuming this did happen. Surprised it isn't on video like everything else.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
ETA: And the winner is.... winner I said.

Police on Tuesday identified the man accused of urinating on a fellow passenger during a Delta flight earlier this month as a pastor from Raleigh.

A police report obtained by the Winston-Salem Journal says Daniel Chalmers was arrested at the Detroit Metro Airport after the flight landed on Oct. 13.

The Journal reported that Chalmers is the lead pastor at Love Wins Ministries in Raleigh, and a staff member at Catch the Fire Raleigh-Durham Church.

Police said the man initially denied her accusations, telling officers: “I’m a pastor, that is out of my character and I didn’t do it.”

The officer said in his report that he observed “a small, visually apparent wet spot in the groin area of his shorts” and that he smells of alcohol and his eyes were bloodshot. The man also told police he was on medication.

• Informative
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"According to sources, the pastor had an apparent reaction to a sleep aid."

I meant AFTER the incident.
He’ll claim he took Ambien for the first time. Ambien does cause sleepwalking and other ... behaviors.

NEVER take Ambien for the first time on an airplane or around anyone that might not find g... showers a fun thing.

cue: Trump dossier jokes.

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed. She should forgive him and beg God’s forgiveness for drawing attention to this embarrassing accident that is reflecting negatively on the good Parson.
I have to say this thread is very disappointing. No “holy water” jokes!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm. Their website is a curious place. Under "Inspirational Videos" they have this rather random mash-up of clips from secular, romantic films, including many that portray extramarital sex. Not that this has anything to do with the story in the OP. But it makes me question his claim to being a pastor, at least of Christianity.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He’ll claim he took Ambien for the first time. Ambien does cause sleepwalking and other ... behaviors.

NEVER take Ambien for the first time on an airplane or around anyone that might not find g... showers a fun thing.

Ya know, my Trump dossier jokes weren't going to be terribly original or funny to begin with and you just went and sucked whatever life out of them they might have had.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Well, let's be honest. I can think of about 50 medications that smell like alcohol that cause you to urinate on yourself and have blood shot eyes...

Vodiniene
Rumuadone
Flouxipeachsnapps

Come on guys. He wasn't plastered....

I mean...
Police said Beverly alerted the flight crew and the two were separated. When asked what had happened, Beverly reported replied: “He peed on me!”

When the man was asked “What did you do?” he reportedly said: “I peed on her, I thought I was going to the bathroom.”
my empheesis

Does that sound like something a drink person would say?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ya know, my Trump dossier jokes weren't going to be terribly original or funny to begin with and you just went and sucked whatever life out of them they might have had.
My apologies.:bow:

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I took an Ambien for the first time on a flight from DEN to LHR some years back. Didnt do anything. No sleeping. No uncontrolled peeing. No charming or distressing hallucinations. I also once drove from Oregon to Colorado while taking hydrocodones, back before I had any idea what they could do. Dont do that, kids!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I still don't see where it's clear that he did this maliciously and not because he was under the influence of something, whether it be alcohol, sleep meds, both, or something else.
Well, I know when I'm getting [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed on (admittedly, quite rare), I don't care whether it's malicious or because some slobbering drunk is being an idiot.

So I'm not totally why you're splitting these hairs.

It's innappropriate behaviour to become that intoxicated in a public space and to urinate on people. I don't think that is a point requiring huge argumentation.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, I know when I'm getting [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed on (admittedly, quite rare), I don't care whether it's malicious or because some slobbering drunk is being an idiot.

So I'm not totally why you're splitting these hairs.

It's innappropriate behaviour to become that intoxicated in a public space and to urinate on people. I don't think that is a point requiring huge argumentation.

It matters because it would determine any possible charges against him.

Of course it's inappropriate.

Motive is a factor.

There's no need to be so snarky in your replies to me.

Reactions: justtrance
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It matters because it would determine any possible charges against him.

Of course it's inappropriate.

Motive is a factor.

There's no need to be so snarky in your replies to me.
I'm not being snarky. I'm just being critical.

In your post previous to that one you state:
Establish that the guy did something wrong before treating him like a villain. If it comes to light that he was coherent and aware and did this out of some sick perversion, then yeah, bring down the law on him.
Urinating on someone while drunk is STILL a chargeable offence.
If you urinate on someone, you are the "villain" in that story; whether you are drunk out of your mind or stone sober.

Are you agreeing now that perhaps this guy did do something wrong in urinating on this woman while presumably being drunk (according to behaviours and symptoms shown) and perhaps charges should be laid? Or are you suggesting that because he was intoxicated, he should not be charged for urinating on someone?

Upvote 0