• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

'well-known NC pastor' accused of urinating on woman during flight

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by essentialsaltes, Oct 18, 2020.

1. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+15,622
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    A Michigan woman says she woke up to someone urinating on her while she was on a Delta flight home to Detroit from Las Vegas. That someone happened to be a well-known North Carolina pastor, according to a report from WJBK-TV, FOX 2 News in Detroit.

The pastor, who hasn’t been publicly identified, was issued a court appearance for misdemeanor assault and released, said Mara Schneider, a spokeswoman for the Detroit office of the FBI.

“Until he appears in front of a judge and therefore gets formally charged, we will not be releasing his name,” Schneider said.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. mkgal1

mkgal1 His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33 Supporter

+6,210
    Anglican
    Married
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. NerdGirl123

NerdGirl123 If only we could be ourselves...

+1,205
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    That'll teach you to fly Delta. :p

4. NerdGirl123

+1,205
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    It's all "he said, she said" until more information is released.

5. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+10,853
    United States
    Married
    He said nothing, she was covered in urine.

6. cloudyday2

cloudyday2 Generic Theist Supporter

+2,214
    United States
    Agnostic
    Single
    That's why we need to donate money to buy those pastors private jets ;)

7. NerdGirl123

+1,205
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    "According to sources, the pastor had an apparent reaction to a sleep aid."

I meant AFTER the incident.

8. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+10,853
    United States
    Married
    I guess a modified Twinkie defense is as good as any.

9. FreeinChrist

FreeinChrist CF Advisory team Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+11,978
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    No, not "he said, she said." There was a puddle of urine on the floor as well, the woman's wet clothes (on her side), and an off duty officer who immediately responded to the woman's yells and screams. And others as well.

If he had dementia, responded badly to a med, or something like that, it is one thing. The FBI probably wants to investigate first.

10. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+7,541
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Maybe he thought she was on fire?

11. NerdGirl123

+1,205
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I'm not taking one side or the other. I'm saying that until we get his story, as well as her story, and probably the results of whatever investigation occurs, it's silly to say "this is absolutely what happened" with total confidence. Her claim is clearly making it sound as though he urinated on her intentionally. But if he was indeed asleep, as she was, and under the influence of medication, and wasn't aware of his actions, then he's not at fault. It's still a gross and disgusting scenario either way, but the crux is whether he acted maliciously or not. And right now it's he said, she said.

12. NerdGirl123

+1,205
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    This is exactly what I'm saying. HE'S saying he was under the influence of a sleep medication. SHE'S saying he did it intentionally.

He said. She said.

13. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+4,020
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    People in a stupor (be it sleep or alcohol/drug induced) often mistake things like suitcases, refrigerators or closets for bathrooms. Perhaps he had too much black water like the belly button pastor or thought in a dream she had been the victim of a sea urchin. Either way, she'll have something to tell her grandkids about her holy anointing at 35,000 feet.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  14. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+4,119
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    How could he urinate "on her" if everything was still "in his pants...?" :scratch:

15. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+15,622
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    FTA: “I jump up and I seen his private area out and I screamed and that woke everybody up."

Best comment I've seen so far on the story: "Let he who has not urinated on a sleeping passenger cast the first stone."

16. FreeinChrist

+11,978
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Not exactly. The OP article had this:

The report from FOX 2 says the pastor may have had a reaction to a sleep aid which he took. Beverly says the man didn’t say a word the entire time he was standing next to her during the alleged incident.
    I don't know where Fox 2 got their information. He didn't say anything. She said he peed on her - not sure if she actually said "intentionally" but that he did, in fact, do it. And there is evidence that he did.

17. timothyu

+4,020
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    A pastor who would not speak? That's something new.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. FreeinChrist

+11,978
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Seems so odd that maybe he had a TIA (transcient ischemic attack) or some other issue.

19. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+7,717
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Dare I hope it’s a new trend?

20. timothyu

+4,020
    Canada