• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Well its been a long time since I was here

Hopes

Jun 11, 2013
✟25,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to come here a long time ago but everytime I try to get closer to God I have a manic episode where I think I am some sort of biblical figure and go off the rails for a month or so then I fear trying to get close to Him again for fear I will have that happen to me again.

I tried to go to a church a long time ago but in the sermon the preacher told everybody that he KNEW that some of them were not saved and was brow beating his own people till I got up and walked out. I mean how on earth would anybody know if somebody is saved. Who does he think he is? Jesus? I think not. I decided after dealing with a few of these churches around here that its not for me. I will say I just have had bad luck dealing with them and leave it at that.

So anyways I am going to try again to get closer to God. Mainly I want to study about Jesus because I really love Jesus. Last night I finished up watching the Passion again for just to remember what He did for me but it gave me a panic attack and I had to go to the ER. I love learning about Him but I dont always agree with what Churches and people say.

Oh by the way I got diagnosed as Schitzoaffective with bipolar type 1. I wasnt sure where I should post so I just came here.

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟267,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
I haven't had a full-blown manic episode in a long time, but I remember thinking I had made some sort of amazing new discovery. Some pastors are incredibly self-righteous and it's a shame. If you ever try another church, I hope God sends you to one with a pastor who is gentle and thoughtful. I pray that God would continue to bring you to close to Him day by day.

Upvote 0