Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I finally came to the conclusion that I should, indeed, become a Christian. I've been questioning becoming one for awhile now, but while I was out to eat with my family the other night, I got the sudden realization that, yes, Christianity is for me. So I asked for my faith to be changed from "Seeker" to "Christian" and now I'm here! :cheer:

Now, here's where the real work begins. That being: It's time for me to make some major changes in my life and also study some more by reading the Bible. :study:

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I finally came to the conclusion that I should, indeed, become a Christian. I've been questioning becoming one for awhile now, but while I was out to eat with my family the other night, I got the sudden realization that, yes, Christianity is for me. So I asked for my faith to be changed from "Seeker" to "Christian" and now I'm here! :cheer:

Now, here's where the real work begins. That being: It's time for me to make some major changes in my life and also study some more by reading the Bible. :study:
Praise God! Welcome to the family of God an the beginning of your journey.

Reading the Bible, I would start with the 4 Gospels, then Acts, Corinthians and Romans.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I finally came to the conclusion that I should, indeed, become a Christian. I've been questioning becoming one for awhile now, but while I was out to eat with my family the other night, I got the sudden realization that, yes, Christianity is for me. So I asked for my faith to be changed from "Seeker" to "Christian" and now I'm here!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Fantastic! Welcome to the kingdom!

Reactions: HoneyBee
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
First old testament.
I can understand that in a way, but I think it is important for a new Christian to establish who they are in Christ before beginning the Old Testament and reviewing the Old Covenant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I finally came to the conclusion that I should, indeed, become a Christian. I've been questioning becoming one for awhile now, but while I was out to eat with my family the other night, I got the sudden realization that, yes, Christianity is for me. So I asked for my faith to be changed from "Seeker" to "Christian" and now I'm here!

Well, it's a start. Becoming a Christian, however, is a bit more involved than just deciding to be one.

John 3:3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

John 3:36
36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Matthew 16:24-26
24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Do you understand the content of these verses? If you do not, you cannot be a Christian.

Now, here's where the real work begins. That being: It's time for me to make some major changes in my life and also study some more by reading the Bible.

Actually, the Christian life is a life that is given over to God so that He might change it. Study of the Bible is good and very necessary but the Christian life is, at bottom, about a relationship with God, not just the collection of religious doctrine.

1 John 1:3
3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟332,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Becoming a Christian, however, is a bit more involved than just deciding to be one.
Hey! Don't be so quick to close and lock the church door against someone who's trying to come in.

God, who loved us from the beginning of time, was incarnate, died, and was raised for us; we say "yes" to God, and thus begins our Christian life. Many decades of spiritual growth lie ahead, for all of us. But, yeah, deciding to be a Christian is all that it takes to start.

Tomorrow begins Lent, a season in the early church when adult converts prepared for baptism. What a perfect time to begin a Christian journey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey! Don't be so quick to close and lock the church door against someone who's trying to come in.

I'm not. I pointing out to her where the key to God's kingdom is.

God, who loved us from the beginning of time, was incarnate, died, and was raised for us; we say "yes" to God, and thus begins our Christian life. Many decades of spiritual growth lie ahead, for all of us. But, yeah, deciding to be a Christian is all that it takes to start.

Nope. See my last post.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Congratulations!

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, that is the right way. Please, please focus on the Gospels first, and really listen to Jesus, just as God said before the apostles and Moses and Elijah!

All life is by his word.

Upvote 0

Dustin B.

Supporter
Feb 26, 2018
Dundalk
✟25,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Hi there! Welcome Home! And I mean that literally and figuratively! I always picture the heavens rejoicing when someone accepts Christ as their savior. I suggest this article for any New Believer in Christ, or even someone further along in their walk that has fallen away from the faith. It's called "First Steps For New Christians" by Dale A. Robbins." We're all here for you if you have any questions along the way. God bless you, as you continue to step out in faith! Praise God!

Upvote 0