East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So sorry I've not been around for some time so have missed out on this.
I'm very sorry to hear the news about Peter. Thoughts and prayers go out to musicalpilgrim and her family.
I felt very much carried by the Lord. He sent a good Samaritan, one of my old pupils to help with all the paperwork. She sat and drank coffee with me and was such good company. Not a Christian but has just this week asked if she could come to Church with me! That is from the Lord as well, it is so difficult to walk into Church on my own without Peter. I feel so blessed.

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I felt very much carried by the Lord. He sent a good Samaritan, one of my old pupils to help with all the paperwork. She sat and drank coffee with me and was such good company. Not a Christian but has just this week asked if she could come to Church with me! That is from the Lord as well, it is so difficult to walk into Church on my own without Peter. I feel so blessed.
Such an encouragement to hear that God is providing for you - and good to hear about your good Samaritan friend coming to church with you :)
Our Lord always provides for us and won't let us down.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Such an encouragement to hear that God is providing for you - and good to hear about your good Samaritan friend coming to church with you :)
Our Lord always provides for us and won't let us down.
I have been overwhelmed by his care and provision.
My daughter helps too, but she works long hours. Mainly problem solving. She doesn't cook, so when she asked if I would like some chicken soup I was pleasantly surprised, Imagining a steaming homemade soup. Ha Ha! she turned up with a tin of Heinz cream of chicken soup! She is very precious to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I approached God in prayer yesterday and told Him that now I don't have any parent figures now to watch over me and keep me in check (believe me, although I am in my forties, I still need it!), I told Him I needed Him more than ever to be that special Father to me. After I had prayed it, I realised that the prayer will have touched the heart of God, who loves to provide for His children - and the delight He must feel when a child of God tells Him that that they need Him.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I approached God in prayer yesterday and told Him that now I don't have any parent figures now to watch over me and keep me in check (believe me, although I am in my forties, I still need it!), I told Him I needed Him more than ever to be that special Father to me. After I had prayed it, I realised that the prayer will have touched the heart of God, who loves to provide for His children - and the delight He must feel when a child of God tells Him that that they need Him.
so true! I lost my parents a number of years ago. Yes, the Father is there for me also, it is wonderful to have his love and care. He sends his angels to minister to us.

Upvote 0