Welcome to Barb's Cozy Corner (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraJean

You took the fall and thought of me, above all!
Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to Barb's Cozy Corner

I wanted to start my own little corner here on CF - a warm and friendly place to get together.

I hope that all of the wonderful friends I've made here at CF will come "sit a spell" and that many others I've never met will stop by so that we can get to know each other.

fireplacefriendsmj6.jpg

"Cherish the people who make up your home, and you'll notice the hearth fires burn brighter than ever before."

Upvote 0

invisiblefootprints

My foot is on the ROCK and my name is on the ROLL!
Jul 16, 2004
✟28,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I know that is so hard for them to become dependent on somebody else!
I find myself wondering what I will do if something happens to my mother. My dad requires 24 hour care. He cannot be left alone for even a short period of time. If my mom has to be hospitalized or something happens...
I work a full-time job & live a half-hour away.

Upvote 0

BarbaraJean

Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I find myself wondering what I will do if something happens to my mother. My dad requires 24 hour care. He cannot be left alone for even a short period of time. If my mom has to be hospitalized or something happens...
I work a full-time job & live a half-hour away.

A friend told my mother a few days ago that she shouldn't feel bad about allowing me to wait on her hand and foot. My friend said that since her mother passed away she cherishes the time she spent caring for her mom. It brings her such comfort. I think that really helped my mom a lot!

Hey Barb! We both seem to have some attraction to fireplaces.
respect-040.GIF

Yes, I do love fireplaces! We have a wood stove but I'd love to trade it for a fireplace. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

invisiblefootprints

Jul 16, 2004
✟28,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We used to have just a wood stove to heat our old house with & no A/C . Then we got central heating & air, but we both wanted a fireplace. We got one of those ventless LP fireplaces. When we moved, we didn't have a fireplace put in this house because our son had just started walking & we were afraid he would get into it. He's old enough now that we are talking about getting another one. They are nice. No mess or smell & still the warmth & look of a real fireplace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

invisiblefootprints

Jul 16, 2004
✟28,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love to watch a candle burn, but they just don't have the same effect as a fireplace. They don't put out that warmth. My daughter is staying with my parents this weekend. She hasn't been over there for a couple of weeks. My dad really perks up with the kids there.

Upvote 0

BarbaraJean

Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
She will be 15 in February. She's here on CF as Xaddiline.

Oh! My 15 year old visited CF briefly. He didn't stick around very long though. He's into playing PS2 online and playing Puzzle Pirates.

It's so nice to have somebody to talk to here. It seems like most of the fellowship threads are just a place to say "Hello" and "Good night". :sigh:

Upvote 0

BarbaraJean

Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I want this for Christmas. I bought it for my mom last Christmas on Amazon for $40. I should have bought myself one because it very quickly sold out and is now unavailable. :( So to get one, I'm going to have to pay more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BarbaraJean

Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I want this
I've been wanting it for about a year & a half. We always seem to have something else that gets bought instead. Maybe this year...

Oh, wow! That's stunning! Have you been to Cobblestone Gallery & Gifts in the Town Center Mall? He might be able to get it for you for less. I bought my Kinkade there.

Upvote 0

invisiblefootprints

Jul 16, 2004
✟28,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't been to the Town Center Mall for a couple of years. I hope we can go this year. I've been doing my Christmas shopping mostly online. Every year my tolerance of the cold gets lower. I'm sitting here wrapped in a blanket & my fingers & nose are so cold I can't stand it. I need a nose mitten. Do you think the armor people would make me one? LOL

Upvote 0

BarbaraJean

Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't been to the Town Center Mall for a couple of years. I hope we can go this year. I've been doing my Christmas shopping mostly online. Every year my tolerance of the cold gets lower. I'm sitting here wrapped in a blanket & my fingers & nose are so cold I can't stand it. I need a nose mitten. Do you think the armor people would make me one? LOL

Aw, you need to come to my house for a visit. I just stuck another piece of wood on the fire. And there's coffe in the pot too. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.