So many seeds...so little time!
Feb 20, 2005
Greenthumb's Garden
✟69,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He returns Sunday. Classes start Wednesday and he needs time to get his books and get back into the swing of things.

Did you crochet today?
You'll miss him, eh? I expect it's easier to see him go back now than it was when he went to start the year.

I didn't crochet, no. But I worked on my knitting. :) I have several projects lined up.

Oh hey! Birthday balloons. Happy early birthday my friend. :) :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greenthumb

Feb 20, 2005
Greenthumb's Garden
✟69,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yep, although Chrisbot is a bit ahead of things as usual. ;) I still 38 for a few more days.

I'm still working on the Victorian afghan. What are your knitting projects?
Yes, I notice he likes to jump the gun a bit on the numbers. :o Whatever happens to those of us who want to be 39 and holding?

Have I seen a picture of the Victorian afghan? I don't recall.

I picked out 3 patterns for sweaters. A cardigan, a tank top and a lightweight pullover. Two of them are with cotton yarn and the pullover is with a blend of silk, rayon, linen and nylon. It was rather expensive, but it's my Christmas present to myself. And if it turns out nicely, I'll be wearing it for as long as it holds together. :)

Upvote 0

BarbaraJean

You took the fall and thought of me, above all!
Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I haven't taken any pictures of it yet. I'm waiting until it's completed. ;) If I get ambitious, I think I could finish it tomorrow.

Ah, you're knitting some wearables. :clap: I have some wonderful thread/yarn that would make a fabulous sweater. I just need to pull myself away from all the afghans I want to make to get to it. ^_^

Upvote 0

Greenthumb

Feb 20, 2005
Greenthumb's Garden
✟69,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, I haven't taken any pictures of it yet. I'm waiting until it's completed. ;) If I get ambitious, I think I could finish it tomorrow.

Ah, you're knitting some wearables. :clap: I have some wonderful thread/yarn that would make a fabulous sweater. I just need to pull myself away from all the afghans I want to make to get to it. ^_^
I can't wait to see a picture. :)

Yes, wearables other than socks and hats and scarves. And wearables for me! :clap:
There is a crochet book at Annie's Attic with patterns for wearables that I was looking at. I'm still deciding whether I want to get it or not. http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/detail.html?prod_id=21551 For some reason I really like the look of that coat.

Upvote 0

Greenthumb

Feb 20, 2005
Greenthumb's Garden
✟69,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was looking to see if I could find the sweater pattern I'm making online, but wouldn't you know the only website that carries those patterns only goes up to #19 and I have pattern #21. Anyway...I scanned it. Just pretend it doesn't have a copyright. ;)
chevronsweater.jpg

Upvote 0

BarbaraJean

Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was looking to see if I could find the sweater pattern I'm making online, but wouldn't you know the only website that carries those patterns only goes up to #19 and I have pattern #21. Anyway...I scanned it. Just pretend it doesn't have a copyright. ;)
chevronsweater.jpg

Oh! That's fantastic! And timeless.Won't have to worry about that going out of style any time soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BarbaraJean

Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can't wait to see a picture. :)

Yes, wearables other than socks and hats and scarves. And wearables for me! :clap:
There is a crochet book at Annie's Attic with patterns for wearables that I was looking at. I'm still deciding whether I want to get it or not. http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/detail.html?prod_id=21551 For some reason I really like the look of that coat.

I love the ivory colored sweater in that book. Those have to be some of the prettier crochet wearables I've seen. Knit seems to be better for wearables but those are great!

Upvote 0

Greenthumb

Feb 20, 2005
Greenthumb's Garden
✟69,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh! That's fantastic! And timeless.Won't have to worry about that going out of style any time soon.
Yes, timeless it is. The yarn I'm using is slightly different in colour shades, as it's a different brand. That particular yarn is much more expensive and wasn't available at my local yarn shop. The yarn I'm using has a bit of a sparkle to it. So I think I'll be able to dress it up or down.

Upvote 0

Greenthumb

Feb 20, 2005
Greenthumb's Garden
✟69,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love the ivory colored sweater in that book. Those have to be some of the prettier crochet wearables I've seen. Knit seems to be better for wearables but those are great!
Yes, I like that one too. I expect it will be available for a while yet. So maybe when I'm done with my knitting I'll look into purchasing it. You were working on a wearable quite a while ago, no? I don't remember how it turned out. :scratch:

Upvote 0

BarbaraJean

Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I like that one too. I expect it will be available for a while yet. So maybe when I'm done with my knitting I'll look into purchasing it. You were working on a wearable quite a while ago, no? I don't remember how it turned out. :scratch:

Hee Hee :blush:

I used a different yarn for the sweater. It was a much larger yarn than the pattern called for. Once I caught what I'd done I laid it aside. I finally decided to make a lapghan out of it. It turned out pretty nice.

Upvote 0

Greenthumb

Feb 20, 2005
Greenthumb's Garden
✟69,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hee Hee :blush:

I used a different yarn for the sweater. It was a much larger yarn than the pattern called for. Once I caught what I'd done I laid it aside. I finally decided to make a lapghan out of it. It turned out pretty nice.
Hmm...yes. Been there...done that. :o At least you were able to turn it into something useful. :) Will you try that pattern again with the proper yarn?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.