Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Louis Farrakhan recently claimed to be Jesus, no big deal, he can claim to be the Easter Bunny for all I care. In a recent conversation I learned that his sect of Islam (if they really are Muslim) believes something rather strange about the white race:

Elijah Muhammad also asserted that some of the new white race "tried to graft themselves back into the black nation, but they had nothing to go by." As a result, they became gorillas. "A few were lucky enough to make a start, and got as far as what you call the gorilla. In fact, all of the monkey family are from this 2,000 year history of the white race in Europe. (Yakub Nation of Islam, Wikipedia)​

That's the best we could do as the white race, gorillas? No wonder they don't like us. I also happen to think this is disrespectful of monkeys.

Anyways, thought you guys might get a chuckle out of it.

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
(if they really are Muslim)
Yeah, again, they are not Muslim. Louie would get his head lopped off by Muslims for saying this stuff, because, albinos excluded, Muhammad may have been the whitest man in history. Here's a pic of one of his great grandsons:

iu

• Informative
Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Louis Farrakhan recently claimed to be Jesus, no big deal, he can claim to be the Easter Bunny for all I care. In a recent conversation I learned that his sect of Islam (if they really are Muslim) believes something rather strange about the white race:

Elijah Muhammad also asserted that some of the new white race "tried to graft themselves back into the black nation, but they had nothing to go by." As a result, they became gorillas. "A few were lucky enough to make a start, and got as far as what you call the gorilla. In fact, all of the monkey family are from this 2,000 year history of the white race in Europe. (Yakub Nation of Islam, Wikipedia)​

That's the best we could do as the white race, gorillas? No wonder they don't like us. I also happen to think this is disrespectful of monkeys.

Anyways, thought you guys might get a chuckle out of it.

But gorillas are black. Maybe if he said snow monkeys, but not gorillas. What a strange man.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But gorillas are black. Maybe if he said snow monkeys, but not gorillas. What a strange man.
Saying 'snow monkeys' actually makes this better? Really HT? I don't think that's fair to snow monkeys.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
and Louis Farrakhan is cut from the same cloth. You want to read some really odd stuff read up on what Elijah Muhammad taught and you'll have no trouble understanding why Muslims see NOI as a bad thing. For insistence:
which is something he based on what Elijah Muhammad taught:
'The Wheel' (That Great Mother Plane) --One of Its Two Natures is 'Death'
tulc(they're both seriously strange)
Jimmy Carter did relate an incident where he saw a UFO, by the way, he wasn't alone when it happened. He ordered the release of all information regarding UFOs, as I recall, everything was released not that there was a whole lot there. Louis Farrakhan thinks there is some mother ship that will save his people from the tyranny of the white race, that's not how I see this working out. I think we are better served by understanding there is no such thing as race, and that will go much further in remembering what we have in common then any wheel in the sky mother ship ever could. That's just one person's opinion, but I reserve the right to be unconvinced by the likes of Louis Farrakhan.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Weirdest Origins theory ever

You need to get out more.

The churning of the Ocean of Milk was an elaborate process: Mount Mandara was used as the churning rod, and Vasuki, a nāgarāja who abides on Shiva's neck, became the churning rope. The Asuras demanded to hold the head of the snake, while the Devas, taking advice from Vishnu, agreed to hold its tail. As a result, the Asuras were poisoned by fumes emitted by Vasuki. Despite this, the Devas and the Asuras pulled back and forth on the snake's body alternately, causing the mountain to rotate, which in turn churned the ocean. When the mountain was placed on the ocean, it began to sink. Vishnu, in the form of the Kurma turtle, came to their rescue and supported the mountain on his shell.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There are plenty of strange origins stories. One that comes to mind is about what would ordinarily be considered a golem becoming a human, then having one of his ribs turned into a woman.

And some people still believe it. What an odd bunch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You need to get out more.

The churning of the Ocean of Milk was an elaborate process: Mount Mandara was used as the churning rod, and Vasuki, a nāgarāja who abides on Shiva's neck, became the churning rope. The Asuras demanded to hold the head of the snake, while the Devas, taking advice from Vishnu, agreed to hold its tail. As a result, the Asuras were poisoned by fumes emitted by Vasuki. Despite this, the Devas and the Asuras pulled back and forth on the snake's body alternately, causing the mountain to rotate, which in turn churned the ocean. When the mountain was placed on the ocean, it began to sink. Vishnu, in the form of the Kurma turtle, came to their rescue and supported the mountain on his shell.
Seems I remember we exist as a dream of Bramin, an allegorical story just tells us that in eastern mysticism all is subjective. Many of the Mesopotamian and Greeko-Roman myths are a bit capricious as well. Most go back to pagan elements. What we are getting from Farrakhan isn't myth, it's fantasy, even myth has it's method

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟230,965.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
Jimmy Carter did relate an incident where he saw a UFO, by the way, he wasn't alone when it happened. He ordered the release of all information regarding UFOs, as I recall, everything was released not that there was a whole lot there.

What Jimmy Carter saw was almost certainly the planet Venus.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟257,846.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Actually not. Gorillas have a black fur, but a white skin. All monkeys, apes have a white skin. They don't need melanine because their fur protects them from the sun.

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟230,965.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
Not the way he described it.

According to Jimmy Carter UFO incident - Wikipedia, Carter saw the 'UFO' in the western sky at about 7.15 p.m. on 6 January 1969. From Stellarium, on that evening Venus was very bright, at magnitude -4.28, and near to greatest eastern elongation, at about 45° from the Sun. These circumstances are ideal for sightings of Venus; being east of the Sun in January the planet was also north of the Sun, so that it was still above the horizon when the sky was already dark.

However, also according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy-Carter-UFO-incident, the 'UFO' may have been a high-altitude sodium or barium cloud made visible by resonance scattering of sunlight. Just such a cloud was launched from Eglin AFB at 7.35 p.m. on 6 January 1969, so this, rather than Venus, may have been the true identification.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
According to Jimmy Carter UFO incident - Wikipedia, Carter saw the 'UFO' in the western sky at about 7.15 p.m. on 6 January 1969. From Stellarium, on that evening Venus was very bright, at magnitude -4.28, and near to greatest eastern elongation, at about 45° from the Sun. These circumstances are ideal for sightings of Venus; being east of the Sun in January the planet was also north of the Sun, so that it was still above the horizon when the sky was already dark.

However, also according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy-Carter-UFO-incident, the 'UFO' may have been a high-altitude sodium or barium cloud made visible by resonance scattering of sunlight. Just such a cloud was launched from Eglin AFB at 7.35 p.m. on 6 January 1969, so this, rather than Venus, may have been the true identification.
I've always thought there was some kind of an explanation for what Jimmy Carter and his guests that night saw, a chemical cloud, 'notably sodium and barium from Eglin AFB', sounds plausible. The fact that he never offered an explanation after entering office makes sense, since he would not want to speak of a military operation. I remember Obama was asked once about Roswell, he simply didn't respond.

• Friendly
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually my late cousin and he were friends . She was a smart woman. Farrakhan says some wild things sometimes but he isn’t crazy nor is he stupid . IMHO Sometimes I think he says things to please his followers .

Upvote 0