South amerika
✟8,353.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, this happened during my first anoiting some years ago, I was not expecting anything special from happening there, I was waiting in line and when it was my turn, In the moment the priest touched my forehead I felt really weird and I could not move, and instantly I felt a liquid falling in my head and then it covered my whole body, and it felt like it was boiling until I was completely covered somehow and then I felt like I was floating, and I had no body at all, and a extremely good feeling which is impossible to explain. Also at the same time when all of this was happening, it was like there was extremely bright light coming from all directions but I was not blinded, I just could not see the inside of the church or anyone there anymore.
This lasted for maybe less than 20 seconds but felt it was like an eternity and it only ended after my mother pushed me because I was standing there like a statue and then everything got back to normal.

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't place any stock in that at all. We need to get our faith from the Scriptures and stand on what they say rather than hope and/or trust in a experience of weird things (your own term for what happened). We're told in the Scriptures to try the spirits whether they are of God because many false prophets are gone out into the world, that the devil himself is transformed into an angel of light, and many false Christs (i.e. false anointed ones) shall arise and deceive many. Mysterious good feelings are not necessarily from God by any means. So very many warnings are given along those lines. You should make sure that you are reading the Bible everyday, paying close attention to what it says and how it all applies to you, and that you are striving with all in your power to come into line with it. Only when we are choosing to love the truth of God's Word and to take up our cross daily that we might walk in it can our faith have a firm foundation; and only then can it be said that we are not turning from God but rather embracing the true light of who He really is. Many will be cast out of the real Jesus' presence forever as workers of lawlessness though they spoke in His name, cast out devils in His name, and in His name performed many wonderful works (Matthew 7:21-27, etc). Beware.

2 Corinthians 11:3-4: "3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12: "8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

James 1:21-27: "21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. 22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. 26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

• Prayers
Reactions: Dirtman
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, this happened during my first anoiting some years ago, I was not expecting anything special from happening there, I was waiting in line and when it was my turn, In the moment the priest touched my forehead I felt really weird and I could not move, and instantly I felt a liquid falling in my head and then it covered my whole body, and it felt like it was boiling until I was completely covered somehow and then I felt like I was floating, and I had no body at all, and a extremely good feeling which is impossible to explain. Also at the same time when all of this was happening, it was like there was extremely bright light coming from all directions but I was not blinded, I just could not see the inside of the church or anyone there anymore.
This lasted for maybe less than 20 seconds but felt it was like an eternity and it only ended after my mother pushed me because I was standing there like a statue and then everything got back to normal.

I never felt this. Even after I got baptised, even though I wanted it.

I rather faked to save myself the embarrassment because everyone is losing consciousness, lol!

Some Christians think I'm possessed by evil spirit because I'm unable to be influenced.

And yet, I looked at the Bible, I can't find any support to their claims either.

I experience supernatural things in other ways but I'm sober in all of them (complete control). And even in times I feel paralyzed by a spirit, I can break free if I want to.

Upvote 0