Dec 23, 2012
✟15,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well,after you figure out who the beast from the sea is,you will note the majority of the people of that kingdom deny Christ.
Not all,but most.

Well, I'm glad you think you've got it figured out, but I have my doubts.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well forgive me, I was assuming you were talking about, "Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour." I know there are also

• "Who is the liar, if it is not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, who denies the Father and the Son."
  • "This is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and is already in the world at this time."
  • "For many deceivers have gone out into the world, refusing to confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist."
"as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming" - that's the end times person.

John was likening them in his day to coming antichrist by calling "antichrists". They themselves were not the coming antichrist, however. Even now, there are antichrists, persons likened to the coming antichrist, all in the world today as well.

When John says "this is antichrist", John is saying what the nature of the Antichrist will be. The spirit of the Antichrist is the whispering from Satan to oppose Jesus and the gospel of salvation.

But as far as I am concerned, it is fine to refer to the Beast from the Sea as the Antichrist not because this is scripturally necessary (or even possible), but because both designations are interchangeable in popular culture and nothing hangs on whether popular culture is using these phrases with absolute fidelity to the text.
Would you walk into a press conference of President Obama - and address him as "Senator" Obama? That's the similarity of your error.

Being the Antichrist is completely different from being the beast. The Antichrist is King of Israel (illegitimate). The beast is King of the Roman Empire, and will rule over the world.

Nearly all of Revelation concerns the person when he is the King of the Roman Empire. It is only in Revelation 6, as the rider on the white horse given a crown is he in the role of being the Antichrist, crowned the King of Israel (illegitimate).

Upvote 0

Ripheus27

Holeless fox
Dec 23, 2012
✟15,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Would you walk into a press conference of President Obama - and address him as "Senator" Obama? That's the similarity of your error.

Being the Antichrist is completely different from being the beast. The Antichrist is King of Israel (illegitimate). The beast is King of the Roman Empire, and will rule over the world.

OK, so I am totally not trying to be overly specific in my use of the phrases "Antichrist" and "Beast from the Sea." I'm not directly quoting the Bible's use of such titles/phrases. In popular culture, almost everyone would use the phrase "the Antichrist" to refer to the future evil tyrant over all the world. That's how movies like The Omen word things, for instance (or the "preview" of Father Elijah in the Children of the Last Days series being something like "a priest is commissioned to find out if the up-and-coming candidate for global president is the Antichrist"). As far as I am concerned, the future evil tyrant over all the world, whatever title you want to give to him, will not be Jewish. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
OK, so I am totally not trying to be overly specific in my use of the phrases "Antichrist" and "Beast from the Sea." I'm not directly quoting the Bible's use of such titles/phrases. In popular culture, almost everyone would use the phrase "the Antichrist" to refer to the future evil tyrant over all the world. That's how movies like The Omen word things, for instance (or the "preview" of Father Elijah in the Children of the Last Days series being something like "a priest is commissioned to find out if the up-and-coming candidate for global president is the Antichrist"). As far as I am concerned, the future evil tyrant over all the world, whatever title you want to give to him, will not be Jewish. That's the point I'm trying to make.
Ripheus, I am not trying to beat you up on this, okay? But if you latch onto the difference from being the Antichrist and being the beast (and prior to that the little horn), it will make a quantum leap in your eschatology.

If you want to call him the future evil tyrant of the word instead of the beast - that would be fine, because it is an accurate description. But while he is the Antichrist, the world will be in peace and safety (illusion of), during most of that time - around 3 years.

The person has to be Jewish. Are you aware in Judaism to be a Jew, the person's mother has to be a Jew? You can discover this at any Jewish (Judaism) website.

It goes back to the time of Nehemiah and Ezra. The caretaker Jews had taken foreign wives and when Nehemiah and Ezra found out, they shamed them for committing the very same act of Solomon that ended up in the idols all overs Israel and resulted in both the Assyrian and Babylonian captivity... they had taken foreign wives and had children by them. Those children were not considered Jewish because their mother were foreign - not Jews.

In the process of the person transitioning from Antichrist to beast, he will be killed and finds himself in hell (him being killed is in Ezekiel 28:1-10). God in disdain for him, cast him out of the grave, an idiom for brings him back alive.

This is what it says about the person in Isaiah 14.... Jesus is the righteous branch. The person is likened to an abominable branch. ... of Jesse (David's father).

Isaiah 14:
19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

thy land and thy people - because he is a Jew.
He betrays his own people and his land - which in 2Thessalonians2:3-4, is called the man of sin, the son of perdition. As Judas was called the son of perdition - because he is a betrayer, by being entered into by Satan to carry out the act called the Transgression of Desolation (Transgression of the Mt. Sinai covenant which he had previously confirmed 3 years earlier - when he first became the Antichrist). With the act - he transitions from being the Antichrist to being the revealed man of sin, then into becoming the beast.

little horn > prince who shall come > the Antichrist > revealed man of sin, son of perdition > the beast - the willful king of Daniel 11:36

little horn - 7th king (Revelation 17:10) of the Roman Empire (of the Julio Claudians)

the Antichrist - King of Israel (illegitimate), the rider on the white horse in Revelation 6 given a crown.

the beast - 8th king (Revelation 17:10-11) of the Roman Empire (of the Julio Claudians). The ten kings of the EU give him their kingdom. The EU, final form, is the end times Roman Empire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
More accurately, -- The person IS Jewish.

Rev. 13:18 allows us to KNOW this.

Thanks,
DaDad
How does Revelation 13:18 reveal that the person is Jewish? The person is Jewish, but how are you getting that from Revelation 13:18?

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does Revelation 13:18 reveal that the person is Jewish? The person is Jewish, but how are you getting that from Revelation 13:18?
-- b y -- k n o w i n g -- w h o -- t h a t -- p e r s o n -- i s . . .

Any one with understanding is supposed to know! So I thought we all knew ...
Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
-- b y -- k n o w i n g -- w h o -- t h a t -- p e r s o n -- i s . . .

Any one with understanding is supposed to know! So I thought we all knew ...
Thanks,
DaDad
What is there in the text of that verse indicates the person is Jewish?

It is a different thing if you are claiming to know who the person is - his actual identity. So who is the person you think it is?

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is there in the text of that verse indicates the person is Jewish?

Did you miss what I said?
Rev. 13:18 allows us to KNOW this.

It is a different thing if you are claiming to know who the person is - his actual identity. So who is the person you think it is?

Why do you ask me?!? f you need wisdom -- ask GOD for it. HE'll freely give it to his children.

Thanks,
DaDad

... and by the way, the name of the a/c was on FOX News this evening. And I've known who he is since the mid to late 70's. -- But you have no clue? Really?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be indicating you know. I don't know who the person is. I don't see anyone who fits the mold yet.
As I said, I've known since the mid to late 70's.
Have you asked GOD to reveal the "calculation methodology"?

Rev. 13:18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

Let me give you a hint: the word "computer" and the a/c's name both use the same calculation methodology, and BOTH sum to 666. And for a THIRD consideration, you might want to look a a UPC (barcode) to find two thin lines at the beginning, two thin lines in the middle, and two thin lines at the end. And of course the two thin lines represent the number 6, -- which is a "perfect" number in binary.

Or GOD could simply be playing a game ...

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As I said, I've known since the mid to late 70's.
Have you asked GOD to reveal the "calculation methodology"?

Rev. 13:18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

Let me give you a hint: the word "computer" and the a/c's name both use the same calculation methodology, and BOTH sum to 666. And for a THIRD consideration, you might want to look a a UPC (barcode) to find two thin lines at the beginning, two thin lines in the middle, and two thin lines at the end. And of course the two thin lines represent the number 6, -- which is a "perfect" number in binary.

Or GOD could simply be playing a game ...

Thanks,
DaDad
It's so hard to get a straight answer - or question - sometimes on this forum.

Upvote 0

dannheim

Honey Badger
Oct 10, 2014
Rancho Mirage CA
✟23,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I must be too tired to get the joke. As far as what it's a response to, there's a tradition in eschatology that suspects the Antichrist would come from a Jewish cultural background, or some such thing. I find that an unseemly proposition on its face, though, and doubt things will turn out quite so.
I respectfully disagree. One of the tenets is that to the Jews he will be welcomed as the Messiah. Messiah HAS TO BE JEWISH.

Upvote 0

Ripheus27

Holeless fox
Dec 23, 2012
✟15,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you aware in Judaism to be a Jew, the person's mother has to be a Jew? You can discover this at any Jewish (Judaism) website.

I'm sure many if not most forms of Judaism have this in some way as part of their teachings, but I know that there are those that do not (to my memory) hold such to be the case.

He betrays his own people and his land

This is consistent with him being from what will be considered (by most Jews) to be a heretical form of Judaism, I think?

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... did you look at a UPC? I GAVE YOU the word "computer". Did you figure out how it calculates to 666? -- Did you ask GOD?!?

Hebrews 5:12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need some one to teach you again the first principles of God’s word. You need milk, not solid food; 13 for every one who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a child. 14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their faculties trained by practice to distinguish good from evil.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not a good enough argument. We don't have barcodes on our foreheads or in our hands. If we did, that'd be something to worry about, though.

Who said "barcodes on our foreheads or in our hands"? I never said or suggested such nonsense.

Apparently you've never worked in a "Secure" environment, where you must "Palm-Scan" in, to the lower Security areas, and "Retinal-Scan" in, to the higher Security areas.

Perhaps if you started with the simple, you could work your way to the complex:

I GAVE YOU the word "computer". Did you figure out how it calculates to 666?

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Ripheus27

Holeless fox
Dec 23, 2012
✟15,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Who said "barcodes on our foreheads or in our hands"? I never said or suggested such nonsense.

You said something about UPCs having "666" secretly encoded into them or whatever, but for UPCs to be the Mark, we'd have to have them on our foreheads or in our hands or something, I think.

Apparently you've never worked in a "Secure" environment, where you must "Palm-Scan" in, to the lower Security areas, and "Retinal-Scan" in, to the higher Security areas.

Well, I'm not a cyclops so I wouldn't have to have my forehead scanned to get through a retinal scanner.

Perhaps if you started with the simple, you could work your way to the complex:

I GAVE YOU the word "computer". Did you figure out how it calculates to 666?

I'm sure lots of words can be calculated to "666," which is the number of a man, though, not a computer.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You said something about UPCs having "666" secretly encoded into them or whatever, but for UPCs to be the Mark, we'd have to have them on our foreheads or in our hands or something, I think.
OK, -- pick up an item which has a Full UPC barcode. See if there are two thin lines, -- beginning/middle/end.
I don't mind holding hands, but it's usually with my grandchildren who are under the age of 4.

Well, I'm not a cyclops ..
... and you're not a physiology major either. Your forehead starts at the bridge of your nose.

I'm sure lots of words can be calculated to "666," which is the number of a man, though, not a computer.
If you don't want to know who the a/c is, then why do you waste both out time?

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There he is again, on FOX News. And he only shows up when SIGNIFICANT world event are about to happen.

I'm telling ya, it appears that things are cooking, and the a/c is quietly meeting behind the scenes. -- Are you (the Forum Prophecy EXPERTS) SURE you don't need a "lifeboat"?

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0