UK
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mine are:

1/ The Tiger Who Came To Tea by Judith Kerr

2/ The Pie and the Patty Pan by Beatrix Potter (cat invites a dog to tea- dog thinks she has swallowed a pie dish. Very odd story but I loved it. I wanted a dog that looked like Duchess)

3/The Owl who Was Afraid of the Dark by Jill Tomlinson (but I loved it. Bizarre but really lovely)

4/ Phoebe and the Hot Water Botttles (can't remember who wrote this one but it was so weird. This little girl collects hot water bottles. All different colours shapes and sizes. Seemed a bizarre topic for a book but quite weird and wonderful)

5/ The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

6/ Catch as Catch Can (I cannot remember who wrote this one but I remember it was about two Staffordshire pottery spaniels (yes, really!) Who are meant to be sold together but are instead sold seperately and try to find each other again )

7) The Jenius by Dick King Smith (about a super intelligent baby guinea pig)

Bananagator

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Nov 20, 2013
✟14,432.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Phantom Tollbooth

I read this in 6th grade and was it ever strange. I really liked it though! ^_^
It's about a boy who comes across this tollbooth that takes him to a magic land where everything is based in idioms and mathematics. It's very interesting. Our 'final project' after reading the book was to create a poster for a movie version. I still have it and every now and then I like to pull it out and relive fond memories :p

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,345.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Since L'Engle's work has been mentioned I'll go on to Heinlein's.

Red Planet, Podkayne of Mars and Have Spacesuit Will Travel.

All set in the solar system many hoped for in the 50s. The first and last especially depart from what has become a common theme in child adventures, that the adults in general are not to be trusted. In each of those one could steal a conversation from the film Zulu.

Why us?

Because we are here and no one else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums