• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Weighty frustrations

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How often should I weigh myself? I am bummed about my weight despite the fact that I have lost weight. My weight keeps going up despite the fact that I am dieting, exercising, and taking medication. I am supposed to lose weight, not gain weight. I don't want to gain weight for health and fitness reasons. I have struggled with eating a low calorie diet and I wonder if that is the problem. What should I eat? I am just concerned.

artqween

together we are strong :)
Feb 3, 2013
ummmmm
✟2,846.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
How often should I weigh myself? I am bummed about my weight despite the fact that I have lost weight. My weight keeps going up despite the fact that I am dieting, exercising, and taking medication. I am supposed to lose weight, not gain weight. I don't want to gain weight for health and fitness reasons. I have struggled with eating a low calorie diet and I wonder if that is the problem. What should I eat? I am just concerned.

Hey hun... Three times a week consider! (And) when u do weigh (only)
weigh in the (morning)? so ur body can use all the food and beverages u consumed :). R u on disability? if u like soda? Plez consider diet mountain dew or diet 7 up the citrus flav.s and try to have a really wide gap between diet sodas such drinking lots of water? To counter react the sugar content in the citrus pop? avoid frying in oils that alone can boost ur calories in ur meals horribly:(.. to well thousands of calories? and avoid reg. butter for eating consider 0 calorie butter sprays
From parkey in the butter area?
The best way to burn off weight snd not gain (muscle) weight? Consider jumba dance.. u will no doubt lose weight and have fun dancing:)
The music is incredible.. U'll love it.
As well as walking as lenghty walk as u can drinking water frequently?
Always eating a lite breakfast like toast,
small bowl of cottage cheese, fruit, milk
In the morning? Always have time for breakfast my dear.. Thats where ur weight loss starts? then a lite lunch and a full meal to keep u full the rest of the night? Its also suggested inbetween meals to snack on lots of fruit.. and dairy products.. fat free yogurts, fat free cottage cheese,..? :)
I hope my suggestions help.. :) and may u feel healthy festive and at peace..
Good luck :)

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Low-calorie (DO NOT go on a low-calorie diet if you are exercising regularly) isn't going to help you as much as a low-carb will as with PCOS, most of the weight gain (besides the hormonal issues) is due to insulin resistance (have you been tested?). Treat yourself like a diabetic. Limit your carbs to meal/snack/meal/snack/meal/snack at 30/30/45/30/45/30 (grams). Proteins are fine to eat without watching as they contain no carbs. Watch your fruits as they contain natural sugars (especially in the evening). When on this diet, you don't need to watch your calories as much because the low carbs will typically balance that. Definitely get tested for insulin resistance and it wouldn't hurt to talk to a nutritionist after finding out the results.

I'd weigh yourself in the morning and weekly would be best.

Upvote 0