• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Weight Sadness

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was out of town with my family this past weekend. I am sad because my family made comments about my weight once more. One of the comments was that there is nothing small on me anymore expect my hands and feet. I used to be very small before my torture, being overfed damaged my system and mind a lot. I am hurting because they do not understand how painful being overfed was and how it has impacted me.

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was out of town with my family this past weekend. I am sad because my family made comments about my weight once more. One of the comments was that there is nothing small on me anymore expect my hands and feet. I used to be very small before my torture, being overfed damaged my system and mind a lot. I am hurting because they do not understand how painful being overfed was and how it has impacted me.
:praying: Praying for you Rose. God bless you.

1 I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. 2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. 3 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. 4 Then called I upon the name of the Lord; O Lord, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. 5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful. —Psalm 116:1-5 (KJV)

261629_5a9665e1f4043bc4a7774a0e5b2399c9.jpg

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:praying: Praying for you Rose. God bless you.

1 I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. 2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. 3 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. 4 Then called I upon the name of the Lord; O Lord, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. 5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful. —Psalm 116:1-5 (KJV)

261629_5a9665e1f4043bc4a7774a0e5b2399c9.jpg
Thank you Mr. O for your prayers and for this beautiful quote and picture.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

I am praying for you Blue Rose. I grew up with a lot of abuse surrounding food and what I ate. My experience was the opposite, food was restricted to the point that I would binge eat whenever I got the chance. It is still something I struggle with today. From the time I was little I heard crude comments about my appearance and weight, along with physical abuse. Even so, God can see you through.

Just remember that God loves us regardless of our physical appearance. All we can do is our best to follow Him. I am a sinner saved by grace. You are a child of the King. Hold your head up high my dear. Jesus is there for you.

If you ever need to talk, I would be more than happy to speak with you.

Love, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am praying for you Blue Rose. I grew up with a lot of abuse surrounding food and what I ate. My experience was the opposite, food was restricted to the point that I would binge eat whenever I got the chance. It is still something I struggle with today. From the time I was little I heard crude comments about my appearance and weight, along with physical abuse. Even so, God can see you through.

Just remember that God loves us regardless of our physical appearance. All we can do is our best to follow Him. I am a sinner saved by grace. You are a child of the King. Hold your head up high my dear. Jesus is there for you.

If you ever need to talk, I would be more than happy to speak with you.

Love, your sister in Christ.
Thank you so much for your message Gloriousday. I am very sorry that you suffered abuse surrounding food and what you ate and physical abuse. I will pray for your healing. Thank you for saying I am a child of the King and to hold my head up :) God bless you sister.

Upvote 0

Amy Cortright

Mar 30, 2018
Oshkosh
✟16,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Could you explain your story to me, when where you overfed and who overfed you? I am sorry that you family has commented on your weight in way that hurts you, there is little reason often times to comment excessively on one's weight, yet when the weight is concerning to some people they feel the need to comment out of love. I am sorry about your painful past of being overfed I am not sure who did this to you or why they engaged in this behavior with you. I know in one country and area they force the women to eat like 12,000 or more calories a day to get fat because they value being fat as pretty or something they send the young girls to camp and force them to keep eating more and more food. Obviously some athletes require 12,000 calories a day professional, but these are teenage girls who they pretty much don't allow to exercise much and simply force fed i read it in a magazine years ago.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Very sorry that your family is not more caring and loving.
Prayers just sent out for you from up top the mountain at 3:55 AM
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Could you explain your story to me, when where you overfed and who overfed you? I am sorry that you family has commented on your weight in way that hurts you, there is little reason often times to comment excessively on one's weight, yet when the weight is concerning to some people they feel the need to comment out of love. I am sorry about your painful past of being overfed I am not sure who did this to you or why they engaged in this behavior with you. I know in one country and area they force the women to eat like 12,000 or more calories a day to get fat because they value being fat as pretty or something they send the young girls to camp and force them to keep eating more and more food. Obviously some athletes require 12,000 calories a day professional, but these are teenage girls who they pretty much don't allow to exercise much and simply force fed i read it in a magazine years ago.
Hi Amy. I was kidnapped and tortured by a woman who was a Satanist. She overfed me everyday and forced me to gain weight. It was severely disturbing to me and painful.

Upvote 0