Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is my favorite study guide, plus the previous studies relevant to it. I've noticed similar problems with myself when it comes to being tempted and the use of scripture. It's too easy to get self-centered and selfish about it, interpreting God's word yourself and believing it as fact. Worse is recklessly tempting others, even when it's not your purpose; untaught and misrepresenting him.

What was most clarified was the essence of the Spirit. I never thought about it closely relating to scripture, except we're to spiritually interpret scripture and what's not clear just have faith. It was within the Spirit versus the Law debate, loose or strict interpretation and adherence. But not directly connecting the Spirit of God to the word of God, not having any of our own interpretation; but to be taught the actual context, which also is directly connected to the Son of God.

So there's more to knowing the word of God and quoting scripture; it's having the Spirit as Christ did to understand the whole context. That's literally having the Spirit of God in us to listen and learn, while reading and studying to remember it. When the time comes as we're tempted, his word is written in our hearts; we're able to discern by him what's right or wrong, even if we don't literally have the word written in front of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ticket2Heaven
Upvote 0