Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess it shouldn't have surprised me, but it did. There's a belief that grace covers sin, no matter what choice you make...and we are free to choose whatever we want because God gave us free will. "Smoking pot enlightens and opens your mind to really hear from God."

Huh? and Huh? again.​

Where does the Bible say that Grace covers sin? I don’t believe it is in there. Grace gives us strength to choose to not sin. When we mess up, grace leads us to repentance, and repentance covers our sin because God is faithful and just to forgive us (1 John 1:9). Don’t confuse God’s mercy (patience in waiting for us to repent) with God’s grace, which empowers us to be saved (by grace through faith we are saved…Ephesians 2:8). It also gives us the power to stand and serve Him. When you do something that you know is wrong, to you it is sin (James 4:17). Drugs are against the law, and we know it is wrong to break the law. Drugs do not enlighten; they are a pathway to demonic influence, and if one denies that truth, one is already under the influence...doubly so.

• Wait...what about "now no condemnation" (Romans 8:1)? Well, not if you are in Christ Jesus, not walking according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Those who are in Christ Jesus/walking according to the Spirit won't be continuing in willful sin.
  • But...we live under grace, not the law! Right. Living under grace doesn't mean living in lawlessness; nor does it mean that God turns a blind eye to blatant sin.
  • Walk worthy of your calling. (Ephesians 4:1)
  • See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:15-16)
"Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" (Matthew 7:21-23)

Of course, I'm not only talking about drugs.
I'm talking about disobedience whatever the sin may be.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's is all made up, and it falls apart quickly in debate. The basis is people want to do what they want to do, and not what God wants them to do so they've twisted the word of God, listened to those who teach the lie and even teach it themselves to the innocent, a very very bad move.

This is the perfect tool for Satan to use in order to make one last stand towards bringing as many down with him as possible before the end. He loves it.

Genesis 3:3 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1Pe 4:8

And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Never saw where GRACE would cover a multitude of sins -- CHARITY is an old English word that translates the Greek AGAPE form of love.

There are problems with smoking pot, even in states where it is legal.

Upvote 0

AmusingMargaret

Instigator
Dec 26, 2016
Southeastern US
Visit site
✟39,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't see smoking marijuana or other drugs as an inherently sinful act or an inherently good one.
The Bible speaks of being sober, sober-minded and not drinking to excess...it must be important.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"Smoking pot enlightens and opens your mind to really hear from God."
Cannabis renders the mind temporarily insane. The symptoms match straight out of the American Psychological Association (APA) description of psychological disorders; many disorders match.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I gave up smoking grass in my early 30s. I think I just grew out of it, and I never missed it.

The only insanity I can recall is that it made me insanely hungry. And everything tasted really good. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Cannabis renders the mind temporarily insane.

lol

The symptoms match straight out of the American Psychological Association (APA) description of psychological disorders; many disorders match.

You might be confusing it with LSD or something.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Cannabis renders the mind temporarily insane. The symptoms match straight out of the American Psychological Association (APA) description of psychological disorders; many disorders match.

Watching cartoons and having a craving for Doritos isn't what I'd describe as insanity.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Drugs do not enlighten; they are a pathway to demonic influence, and if one denies that truth, one is already under the influence...doubly so.

You've already lost the argument if you have to resort to saying that anyone who might disagree with your opinion on a subject must be under the influence of demons.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You've already lost the argument if you have to resort to saying that anyone who might disagree with your opinion on a subject must be under the influence of demons.

-CryptoLutheran

Of course they've lost the argument in your mind, and does it really matter what they say to make you think that?

That's the thing about drugs, they give us a feeling of well being, even when things aren't well. We like that, we defend that because artificial feel good is what we want over our God given state of mind given to us for a reason. The more we like it, the more it becomes ok to do, and the more wrong anyone who tells us differently is going to be.

The love of drugs, and their influence can actually make us think it's ok for a Christian to do them. Pretty powerful influence I'd say.

"Let's see, what do I want, clean living and Heaven or drugs and Hell?" "DRUGS! (because they make me not even know what direction I'm headed" Now that's influence. :) And on the "sanity" thing, is that choice sane?

Is it any wonder the term denial goes hand and hand with drugs?

But you all have the whole world, or or a good part of it anyway to help you back your argument that it's all good with Pot, and that we can cop out, go into feel good mode at will, while others tough life out just as God intended.

And I speak of recreational use only.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ad hominem attacks are not valid arguments.

-CryptoLutheran

"Attacks"? lol

Who said it was an argument at all?

But if that works better for you over responding to the actual arguments, it figures.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

AmusingMargaret

Instigator
Dec 26, 2016
Southeastern US
Visit site
✟39,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

-CryptoLutheran
It's not an argument, nor presented as such. Just stating facts, my friend.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Religion and cannabis aren't mutually exclusive. Consider the Rastafari. I won't say they're traditional Christians, but their faith has some quasi-Christian elements. They believe Jesus was an incarnation of God. (They believe the same of Haile Selassie.) It's my understanding that they accept the Old and New Testaments as canonical scripture. And smoking ganja is a major religious rite.

So...weed and worship? No problem, mon. Now we gonna roll de herb... :amen:

weed4.jpg

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0