United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
[Catholics only please]
Is it a mortal sin to attend a wedding of a couple, one is Catholic (non-practicing, doesn't go to Mass, I assume has no religious devotion etc), and one is a lukewarm Lutheran (occasionally goes to Church) in a Lutheran Church?

Should this be confessed?

Thanks

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
[Catholics only please]
Is it a mortal sin to attend a wedding of a couple, one is Catholic (non-practicing, doesn't go to Mass, I assume has no religious devotion etc), and one is a lukewarm Lutheran (occasionally goes to Church) in a Lutheran Church?

Should this be confessed?

Thanks
The fact that there is going to be a wedding, for me would mean that the decision on whether any sin is involved has already been taken care of by the clergy who are officiating.
(Another way of putting it would be that the clergy involved bear the greater responsibility to see to it that the ceremony is fitting and proper to attend).
So if they have cleared the way for the wedding to proceed, then I think you can safely go without any worries.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟235,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The fact that there is going to be a wedding, for me would mean that the decision on whether any sin is involved has already been taken care of by the clergy who are officiating.
(Another way of putting it would be that the clergy involved bear the greater responsibility to see to it that the ceremony is fitting and proper to attend).
So if they have cleared the way for the wedding to proceed, then I think you can safely go without any worries.
Thank you

It was a hypothetical situation BTW

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0