Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
^_^ OMGOSHHHHHHHH............it's only like 15 days until hubby is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *screaming in excitement here* Then I can give him big :hug:'s and lots of :kiss:es !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.............can you tell I am starting to freak out with excitement? LOL! ^_^
^_^ I'm counting down as well. LOL 46 days to go til hubs is home from his tour for good! WOOHOO!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
OMGosh............I did not know your husband was deployed too. I am so sorry. It's been all me me me me me..........have I not been listening? Sorry! I am soooooo excited for you though! It is exciting, huh?!
Don't mention it. :) He's in Korea, so it's a totally different ball game there. ^_^

Upvote 0

Nichole

Senior Veteran
Mar 3, 2007
✟23,232.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
OMGoshhhhhh...............Bushmaster was in Korea for a year and LOVED it!!!!!!!! I spent a month there with him and loved it myself! We wouldn't mind getting stationed back there if the option arose!!!!!!!! Have you gone? Has he gotten you a mink blankets (we have like 7 in our apartment and while I was there I sent like 10 to the states to friends and family as Christmas gifts)!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I went for 3 weeks to visit him the first year we were married. Two weeks after we married, he left for Korea, back in 1997. I visited him exactly 6 months to the day. lol He was stationed at Kunsan. It was drab and just a bunch of brown buildings on that base, and really, there wasn't much to see around that area. He's now in Gwang Ju and said he wished I'd seen this place first instead of Kunsan and such, and I'd probably like the place better then. LOL

Upvote 0

Nichole

Senior Veteran
Mar 3, 2007
✟23,232.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hubby was stationed at some little Army post in some little Korean village..........LOL! :p I can not remember the names or even the name of the post he was at. LOL! I know we were near Osan, AFB and went there on several occasions (since the AFB was a palace next to the Army posts). We were not far from Seoul either (like hour by train system). They had huge Cathedral in Seoul that he was actually baptized in. LOL............my first Orthodox service was Christmas day in that church and the priest (maybe bishop) was dressed in red and I was like "Huhhhhh...........Santa!!!!!!!!!" like a 3 year old. Didn't get the best of looks from hubby at that moment (probably good we were standing way in the back too). LOL! It was pretty exciting there. Seoul was awesome. There was a Starbucks that had 3 floors to it..........visited it many times!!!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Seoul was pretty nice. I landed there and then we stayed in the monastery (St. Nicholas) overnight and took the 5 hour trip down to Kunsan. We took the train first then a taxi the last hour or so. It was crazy. LOL Kunsan is really about 2 hours south of Osan. There's nothing there. I thought it was boring. LOL So did many of the military members there. Anyway, my hubs was newly Orthodox at that time and did spend Pascha at St. Nicholas and thought it was awesome. He also cracked eggs with the bishop. LOL!

Guang Ju AB is even (we're Air Force) further south. An hour south of Korea, directly west of Pusan. :)

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hubby was stationed at some little Army post in some little Korean village..........LOL! :p I can not remember the names or even the name of the post he was at. LOL! I know we were near Osan, AFB and went there on several occasions (since the AFB was a palace next to the Army posts). We were not far from Seoul either (like hour by train system). They had huge Cathedral in Seoul that he was actually baptized in. LOL............my first Orthodox service was Christmas day in that church and the priest (maybe bishop) was dressed in red and I was like "Huhhhhh...........Santa!!!!!!!!!" like a 3 year old. Didn't get the best of looks from hubby at that moment (probably good we were standing way in the back too). LOL! It was pretty exciting there. Seoul was awesome. There was a Starbucks that had 3 floors to it..........visited it many times!!!
That's cool that he was baptized there. My husband saw many baptized at Pascha at St. Nicholas that day. :) Was he stated at Youngsan? (sp?)

Upvote 0

Nichole

Senior Veteran
Mar 3, 2007
✟23,232.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Nawhhh............he wasn't at Youngsan........that was like right in Seoul I believe. OHhhhh...........it was Camp Humphreys........in like Peongtyk (something to that effect). John stayed at that monastery over Pascha also! He was baptized like the week before Pascha I believe! Very beautiful church. Only wished I wouldn't of been so ignorant to it then!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nawhhh............he wasn't at Youngsan........that was like right in Seoul I believe. OHhhhh...........it was Camp Humphreys........in like Peongtyk (something to that effect). John stayed at that monastery over Pascha also! He was baptized like the week before Pascha I believe! Very beautiful church. Only wished I wouldn't of been so ignorant to it then!
That's too neat that they both stayed there!

Yes, I've heard of Camp Humphreys and Peong something or other. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nichole

Senior Veteran
Mar 3, 2007
✟23,232.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Pyongtaek, hi-speeds.... LOL!
:D OH..............ok.........yes, that is the correct spelling! I do know how to pronounce it though! :p It was quite fun there. Besides buying those mink blankets for people and going to Starbucks :D we got to see the Titanic exhibition in Seoul! That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes younger boys would run upto us and beg for American money. They were so cute and I just had to always give them a $1. I got some awesome little decorative jade (I think) vases. Ohhhh...........and yes..........there was a Sony store we embarked on and a Hard Rock Cafe! :) Good times..........good times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:D OH..............ok.........yes, that is the correct spelling! I do know how to pronounce it though! :p It was quite fun there. Besides buying those mink blankets for people and going to Starbucks :D we got to see the Titanic exhibition in Seoul! That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes younger boys would run upto us and beg for American money. They were so cute and I just had to always give them a $1. I got some awesome little decorative jade (I think) vases. Ohhhh...........and yes..........there was a Sony store we embarked on and a Hard Rock Cafe! :) Good times..........good times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL There was nothing like that down in drab Kunsan. :p

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow...........like 16 days until the wedding. I'm excited!!!!!! :D Everything is pretty much set to go! Just need the groom here! :p
LOL Yes, must have the groom present! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OK............like 10 days left...........so excited!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm getting "ready"????? :)
So what is more exciting, hubs coming home or getting married (again)??? :D :p
The whole part of hubs coming home for me at least is a bit surreal for a few days, then I start wondering who is in my house and what is he doing there???? Fun stuff!!! I'm so excited for you! One of my friend's hubby just came home last week after 7 months in Iraq (Marine) and one of my other good friends came home earlier this week after a 7 month cruise (truly cruise, they had 23 port calls in 12 countries... totally 'tough', but they're kind of a pr ship I think). Still it's always good to have people home!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.