Visit site
✟204.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:help: I could really use any suggestions! It's the last song we need to add to our wedding CD. I have two brothers and would like to dance half the song with one and the other half with the other. Any suggestions! :help:

Jeff is dancing with his sister to "I hope you dance" by LeeAnn Womack.

Upvote 0

AndiLynn

Feb 4, 2002
Illinois
✟8,208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not getting married anytime soon, but I think this is a song I'd like to dance with my brother to at my wedding...even though we're at those ages where we shouldn't be able to stand each other (I'm 19, he's 17), I consider him one of my closest friends

A Friend to Me - Garth Brooks

Well you and I
We're buddies
And we've been since we first met
Me and you
Well we've sure been through
Our share of laughter and regret
Lord knows we've had our bad days
And more than once we've disagreed
But you've always been a friend to me
You can be so stubborn
There's times I think you just like to fight
And I hope and pray
I live to see a day
When you say I might be right
And there's times I'd rather kill you
Than listen to your honesty
But you've always been a friend to me
You've always been
Time and again
The one to take my hand
And show to me it's okay to be
Just the way I am
With no apology
Oh you've always been
And you will til God knows when
Yes you've always been a friend to me

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dunno if you want "wedding type" songs, or "sibling songs." But my fave "wedding type" are "We've Only Just Begun," by the Carpenters, and "Here Comes Heaven," by Eddy Arnold.

I can't think of any "sibling" songs right now, LOL.

Peace,
~VOW

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"I cross my heart" by George strait...but thats more for you two, tracy and Jeff, not so much siblings...hmmm...I have been in alot of weddings and I am trying to think..oh I know of a friend who danced with her brother to Faith Hill, I think the song was "breathe", it was a beautiful song...I am sure whatever you choose will be so special! I am happy for the both of you! I wish you a lifetime of happiness! Love and blessings always!
Amie :angel:

Upvote 0

PrincessTracy

Feb 18, 2002
Kentucky
Visit site
✟204.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks so much everyone!

I am looking for a slow song and Christian or secular will work if it says what I want it too.

I'm going to look into that Garth song! I use to be a big fan because he talked my mom into letting me go to college when I was 18. He's a really nice guy.

Thanks for all your suggestions! Keep'em coming!

Love in Christ,
Tracy

P.S. Thank you for your well wishes! It means so much to us!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PrincessTracy

Feb 18, 2002
Kentucky
Visit site
✟204.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been listening to "A Friend to me" and I played it for my mom and she thinks it's perfect! hehe I still have to play it for Jeff. He should be getting home any minute. But unfortunately I'm still at work. I think he will like it and I think we have found our song! Thank you soooooo much AndiLynn!! You have no idea how long have I been mulling over this!

And the bride and groom will be dancing to "Even Then" by John Michael Montgomery. Our other song will be played during the cermoney which is "I will be here" by Steve Curtis Chapmen. The other cermoney songs will be "Flesh of my Flesh" by umm I forgot and "How Beautiful" by Twila Paris. I will dance with my dad to "Butterfly kisses" by Bob Carlise. There was another Bob Carlise song I was thinking of using to dance with Dad since everyone and their sister seems to use Butterfly kisses. Jeff is dancing with his sister to "I hope you dance" by LeeAnn Womack. And we are playing my mom and dad's song at the reception too "Do you believe in magic" by the Loving Spoonfuls.

I think that's all of them!

Thank you sooooo very very much for all your input!

Love In Christ,
Tracy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums