Melbourne
✟19,203.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
You know what I'm talking about. It's not often a problem, but sometimes, especially after talking to one of the people I'm ministering to who is very confused, and has very little experience of grace (actually, none of them do), I just feel overwhelmingly weary.
I generally feel a lot better by making myself a hot drink and reading the Bible, but I was wondering about your experiences.
Makes me think of the song, "Onward, Christian soldiers..." :)

Mim

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Perhaps a little vacation time. Sometimes when I get tired or stressed, I will go sit in the woods under an old oak tree or down by the creek and read the Word. It is excellent medicine and just what the great Physician ordered :]

Upvote 0

Mhiriam

Dec 29, 2018
Melbourne
✟19,203.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
Hehe, that's what my Vicar told me - after a sermon from a curate on eagerness to serve God, he said to me "And remember to cut yourself some slack, as well."
There's a walking path through bush along a creek nearby I use in the same way - quiet, a place to pray and thank God and be refreshed.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know what I'm talking about. It's not often a problem, but sometimes, especially after talking to one of the people I'm ministering to who is very confused, and has very little experience of grace (actually, none of them do), I just feel overwhelmingly weary.
I generally feel a lot better by making myself a hot drink and reading the Bible, but I was wondering about your experiences.
Makes me think of the song, "Onward, Christian soldiers..." :)

Mim

Hi,

I have experienced what you are talking about. But I have learned to not let it stay with me. The bible tells us:

Eph 6:12-13 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.

Feelings of weariness, tiredness, or stress, after talking to a person, comes from the spiritual atmosphere around the person, and some times it is not their atmosphere, it is an external attack on us, trying to cause division and separation.

Feelings of uneasiness, etc. come from Satan, as the bible tells us, we don't wrestle against people, but Spiritual powers. Many people are blind to this hidden war that goes on, and it is really not our job to understand it, rather to ,as the bible tells us, prepare for it. By putting on God's armour. Which is constant prayer, (1Th 5:17 pray without ceasing, ) and dedication to the word of God the bible. When we are filled up with God's word, and understand our authority in Christ over the works of Satan, it is easy to stand against it. Standing against Satan is not shouting at demons, or people. But a quiet hidden authority found in Christ, to command demons to leave. Often I do this under my breath, no one knows, no one hears. But demons will leave, and we can walk in peace, no matter who we have met. For we are seated with Christ in heavenly places, Christ is above all, and he dwells in us.

Upvote 0