Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does the Bible say some of us are strong, some are weak?
When I say I am a strong christian, am I arrogant?
If I say I am weak, am I pessimistic?

So, what should I say about myself as a Christian?
Our strength comes as we learn to rely on His strength, so boasting is excluded ipso facto.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Does the Bible say some of us are strong, some are weak?
When I say I am a strong christian, am I arrogant?
If I say I am weak, am I pessimistic?

So, what should I say about myself as a Christian?
A strong Christian is a person to attaches their faith to the bare promises in God's Word and puts their full trust in the Person of Christ above everything else. This is not arrogance, but true Justifying faith.

But if you are saying you are strong because of your personal performance in holiness, then your faith is misplaced and you are arrogant and have forgotten that you are just a poor sinner and nothing at all, and that Jesus Christ is not your all in all.

A weak Christian is one who has difficulty putting their whole faith in the promises in God's Word, and has many fears and doubts along the way; but if he does see himself as a poor sinner, and is trusting in Christ to see him through whatever happens, there is a spark of faith there that will bring him to heaven just as certainly as the one with strong faith.

The person with strong faith is like the ship that enters the harbour of heaven in full victory. The one with weak faith's ship enters heaven storm tossed, damaged, listing, and barely makes it and beaches on heaven's shore before sinking.

But both of these get to heaven just the same as each other.

But the one who thinks he has strong faith because his level of holiness is superior to the level of the weaker Christian, will became a shipwreck before getting anywhere near heaven, because his faith is not in Christ, but in himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0