We would have sinned whether or not Satan was involved, so why would God put Satan here on earth?

Restless heart

Sep 7, 2017
Halifax
✟17,489.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It seems that He is exacerbating the problem. We are sinners regardless of Satan and his influence on us. I understand God wants us to be tested & refined so that we can grow in faith, but why throw Satan in the mix? It seems it would only make it more likelier that people would end up in hell...

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It seems that He is exacerbating the problem. We are sinners regardless of Satan and his influence on us. I understand God wants us to be tested & refined so that we can grow in faith, but why throw Satan in the mix? It seems it would only make it more likelier that people would end up in hell...

We would have sinned whether or not Satan was involved

Is that what the Bible says?

Upvote 0

Restless heart

Sep 7, 2017
Halifax
✟17,489.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve had free will; the choice whether or not to put their faith in God. I believe that even if Satan hadn't tempted them they would have been capable of sin.
Its not Satan's fault that we are sinners right? We take responsibility for our sins.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Adam and Eve had free will; the choice whether or not to put their faith in God. I believe that even if Satan hadn't tempted them they would have been capable of sin.
Its not Satan's fault that we are sinners right? We take responsibility for our sins.

There was no "tempter" before Satan.

Where is this written in the Bible?:

We would have sinned whether or not Satan was involved

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

if satan never tempted Adam and Eve then Ada and Eve would probably have never taken the knowledge of good and evil and therefore they would never have sinned..

And God has made it so that all our sins can be covered and atoned for by the Blood of the LORD Jesus Christ.. So Jesus defeated the power of sin for those who accept the gift of His atonement..

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@brinny yes, I think that is exactly what it says. :) Here is why....

The Feasts have a historical connection but each and every one of them also points to various aspects of Yeshua's work. Since his work was centered on reversing Adam's curse (and much more) then we see that God had this planned out before Adam was even created. See, on the 4th day the sun, moon, and stars were placed in the heavens for signs and seasons, and for days and years. The word for "seasons" is moedim... which is the word we would translate as "feasts" or "appointed times." My point, is that the things which marked the days that would point to Messiah's work, were set in place before there was a need for a messiah.

A second witness to that would be Rev. 13:8 which speaks of "the lamb slain from the foundation of the world." That means, at least in the mind of God, a sacrifice before there was a sin.

So why Restless Heart, would God go to such lengths? I really believe it is as simple as this.... He could have created us to have no choice, to be like robots just programmed to do His will. But what He wanted was a people who could choose between good and evil, holiness and sin, righteousness and unrighteousness... and the ones that would chose the former in each example I just gave, are doing so out of LOVE for God because the latter in each example is actually a more satisfying (to the flesh) temporary choice. Meaning, it is very enticing to choose the world, money, power, fame... and have everyone just love you for YOUR greatness. But that will end... and those who made the other choice were not as well known in this world but become royalty in the next. And why? Because in spite of the enticement the world can throw at us... we chose God and His ways out of our love for Him.

Thus, in the end, God ends up able to be surrounded with those who gave up for Him, who wanted to love Him above all else... and again, they will be rewarded for that. Not like the rewards of this world, but they will be rewarded.

Upvote 0

Restless heart

Sep 7, 2017
Halifax
✟17,489.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

The Feasts have a historical connection but each and every one of them also points to various aspects of Yeshua's work. Since his work was centered on reversing Adam's curse (and much more) then we see that God had this planned out before Adam was even created. See, on the 4th day the sun, moon, and stars were placed in the heavens for signs and seasons, and for days and years. The word for "seasons" is moedim... which is the word we would translate as "feasts" or "appointed times." My point, is that the things which marked the days that would point to Messiah's work, were set in place before there was a need for a messiah.

A second witness to that would be Rev. 13:8 which speaks of "the lamb slain from the foundation of the world." That means, at least in the mind of God, a sacrifice before there was a sin.

So why Restless Heart, would God go to such lengths? I really believe it is as simple as this.... He could have created us to have no choice, to be like robots just programmed to do His will. But what He wanted was a people who could choose between good and evil, holiness and sin, righteousness and unrighteousness... and the ones that would chose the former in each example I just gave, are doing so out of LOVE for God because the latter in each example is actually a more satisfying (to the flesh) temporary choice. Meaning, it is very enticing to choose the world, money, power, fame... and have everyone just love you for YOUR greatness. But that will end... and those who made the other choice were not as well known in this world but become royalty in the next. And why? Because in spite of the enticement the world can throw at us... we chose God and His ways out of our love for Him.

Thus, in the end, God ends up able to be surrounded with those who gave up for Him, who wanted to love Him above all else... and again, they will be rewarded for that. Not like the rewards of this world, but they will be rewarded.
Ok, I understand. But, God created Satan, and put him here with us to tempt us...how is it worth it for God to tempt us, to have many lead astray and end up in hell? How can God be ok with all those precious souls spending eternity in hell? Wouldn't God feel the pain of this for all of eternity?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

@Ken Rank, this of course means that God KNEW Satan would sin, which began the entire sin process. What is also most profound here is that Satan had no "tempter".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
By the way, @Restless heart, God made provision for all of us via His only begotten Son, Who actually died for us.

He must love us all a LOT, amen?

Just like it says in John 3:16.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Satan provides people the option of rejecting God.
For whatever reason, God is Pro-Choice in this matter.
No one is forced to believe.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I understand. But, God created Satan, and put him here with us to tempt us...how is it worth it for God to tempt us, to have many lead astray and end up in hell? How can God be ok with all those precious souls spending eternity in hell? Wouldn't God feel the pain of this for all of eternity?
Perhaps our view of hell is inconsistent with the bible's view from start to finish? I am not saying it is... I am saying that if the character traits of the Spirit of God are love, peace, joy, patience, long suffering, kindness, goodness and self control... then does it stand in harmony or opposition to those traits to have that same being torture somebody for eternity for not making the right decision while in a fallen state for the 70, 80, 90+/- years that they lived?

I don't happen to believe that God created Satan to tempt us... I think He created what we call Satan and called him, "good." But I also think God knew what Satan would do, which is why God can place the markers that would point to the events that would point to the need for a messiah and his work BEFORE Satan ever tempted Adam... before Adam was even created. God creating somebody to do something and God creating him knowing in advance what he would do are two different things.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Ken Rank, this of course means that God KNEW Satan would sin, which began the entire sin process. What is also most profound here is that Satan had no "tempter".
And that is why there is no redemption for him. Only Adam existed in a perfect state (we have not, yet) but Adam had a tempter. Satan was perfect (without blemish) and had no tempter... therefore, what he did was rebellion and that means he KNEW what God wanted and chose the opposite. Adam knew but was deceived... still sin, still bad... but not rebellion.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
And that is why there is no redemption for him. Only Adam existed in a perfect state (we have not, yet) but Adam had a tempter. Satan was perfect (without blemish) and had no tempter... therefore, what he did was rebellion and that means he KNEW what God wanted and chose the opposite. Adam knew but was deceived... still sin, still bad... but not rebellion.

I agree.

The stickler in all of this is of eternal proportions and nailed Satan's fate of his own accord. He had no tempt-er. And yes, He KNEW the holiness and gloriousness of God, and yet he hated God and wanted to de-throne Him and BE God. If it was possible, he wanted to "kill" God. He was jealous. Although God had created him a perfect and a most beautiful creature, he wanted more. That sin was generated in him. That sin called pride.

And it's true, Jesus was not sent to die for Satan nor all his minions or agents. His sentence was immediate. And it's an everlasting sentence. The real tragedy is, perhaps that Satan does not want to repent. He still would "kill" God if he were able.

For us, we have been given a Savior. God's mercy and His inexplicable grace extends to us through Jesus Christ.

God, knowing Satan would do this, provided a Savior.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Evolution has shaped not just our body but our psyche as well. We evolved over several million years in a very difficult and extremely dangerous world in which mere survival was the highest priority. This has shaped our instincts in the direction of selfishness. We might even call this the "selfish gene". It served us well in antiquity but much less so in a world where survival is no longer the priority it once was. We don't need a hypothetical Satan to explain human behaviour. We have met the enemy and he is us.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
@Restless heart, the bottom line here is that Eve, and then Adam, were conquered by the very same, subtle thing. And that is:

Pride.

For Eve, and then Adam, both wanted to be "as God". This was Satan's downfall. Pride. He wanted to be as God.

It has been man's downfall since.

Pride is basically the premise that there's no one, even God, that's "better" than me. After all, Who does God think He is? God?

What we have here, is not only Satan, but Eve, and then Adam, wanting to be their own "gods".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
And it's true, Jesus was not sent to die for Satan nor all his minions or agents. His sentence was immediate. And it's an everlasting sentence. The real tragedy is, perhaps that Satan does not want to repent. He still would "kill" God if he were able.

Satan was "defeated" and "sentenced" in prehistory and then "defeated" and "sentenced" again through the crucifixion. So why is Satan an issue today? Was he defeated or not? Was he sentenced or not? There is a huge defect in the theology here.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Satan was "defeated" and "sentenced" in prehistory and then "defeated" and "sentenced" again through the crucifixion. So why is Satan an issue today? Was he defeated or not? Was he sentenced or not? There is a huge defect in the theology here.

There's a reason we were admonished to be aware of the current state of Satan:

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" ~I Peter 5:8

Yeah, Satan's pretty mad. He wants to take as many with him as he can. And he's pretty good at it.

He's knows what's ahead for him. He's in a frenzy to drag with him as many as he can before his time comes.

Upvote 0