✟1,355,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 6:7-8 NIV

“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”

There are many people today calling themselves Christians, or followers of Christ, who are convinced that God will not judge them for their sinful lifestyles, and that heaven is still guaranteed them even though they ignore the Lord and his commands and they pridefully, willfully, defiantly, deliberately, and even premeditatedly continue in their sinful practices.

Thus, they are mocking God and his word, for his word clearly teaches us that to be a follower of Christ we must deny self, die daily to sin, and follow our Lord in obedience to his commands, under the New Covenant (Lu 9:23-26; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-17; Eph 4:17-24; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6).

But God is not mocked, i.e., he will not allow himself to be mocked. For what we do in this life has consequences, even if we think it doesn’t. The New Testament is filled with warnings to us about thinking otherwise, and it has many instructions to the church regarding the consequences of continuing in sinful practices.

The Scriptures teach that if we walk (in conduct, in practice) in sin that we will die in our sins, not have eternal life with God. Not too many people are taking this seriously, though, for so many have believed the lie that says that God requires no repentance, obedience, or submission to him as Lord.

But even such a belief as that is mocking God, for the Scriptures do not teach that, but they teach the opposite of that. Besides, that is so against God’s divine character and his will for us, which has not changed.

So, the warning here is this. If we follow the passions and the desires of our flesh, as a matter of practice (habit), while we ignore our Lord and his commands, and we do what ought not to be done, and we continue in it, knowing full well that we are doing wrong, the payback is death, not life everlasting with God.

Nonetheless, if we are doing what pleases our Lord in faithful obedience to his commands, as a matter of practice (though not necessarily in absolute perfection), according to his will for our lives, and in his power and strength, we will reap eternal life with God.

Twisting the Scriptures

Some people, though, are calling this works-based salvation which they say we are not to do. So, basically they are saying that if we live holy and godly lives, in moral purity, and if we love our neighbors as ourselves, that we are trying to earn our own salvation, and that is wrong.

So, what they are doing is they are twisting the Scriptures to where they are turning darkness into light and light into darkness. They are making it wrong to obey the Lord and they are making it right to ignore the Lord and to continue doing evil. Logic alone says that doesn’t make sense at all.

It is true that we are saved by grace, through faith, which is not of ourselves, not of our own works lest any of us should boast that we somehow attained our own salvation in our own merit. But we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared in advance that we should walk (in practice) in them (Eph 2:8-10).

So, there is a clear difference between us, in our own flesh, of our own choosing, trying to do “good deeds” in order to earn our own salvation, and us doing the works of God which he prepared for us to walk in them in his power, as his workmanship. One is of the flesh. The other is of the Spirit.

For, the Scriptures could not be clearer on this issue. We must turn from our sins, make Jesus our Lord, and follow him in obedience, and we must not rebel against God by going our own way and by living sinful lifestyles in direct disobedience to his commands (Rom 6:1-23; Eph 4:17-24).

If we choose the path of sin over the path of obedience to the Lord, our lives here on this earth will not result in us having eternal life with God, but we will face death and eternity in hell.

And this is because Jesus died on that cross to deliver us out of our bondage to sin so we would now, by his grace, become slaves of his righteousness.

Also please know that the Scriptures teach that we are all going to be judged by what we do (by our works, by our deeds). So, if we live in sin, and we make sin our practice, we will not have eternal life with God, but we will die in our sins, no matter what we profess with our lips.

[Lu 9:23-26; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-17; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6; Gal 5:16-21; Eph 5:3-6; Gal 6:7-8; Rom 2:6-8; 1 Co 6:9-10; 2 Co 5:10; Col 1:21-23]

Galatians 6:9-10 NIV

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”

This is not encouraging works-based salvation here. The “doing good” here is not of ourselves; not of our flesh or of our own choosing. This good we are to keep doing is the good that God planned in advance that we should walk in, as a matter of practice, of our life course, in the power of God’s Spirit.

And the harvest that we will reap is not just eternal life with God, but if we are truly following our Lord in doing what he has called us to do, there should be a harvest of righteousness that we will reap in the lives of others, too. For, our lives should be impacting others with the gospel of Christ, too.

But, when we continually are opposed by those who say what we are teaching is works for salvation, or who think we are too religious, or that we should lighten up and not take life so seriously, or who reject us for teaching the truth of the gospel, it can be disheartening, for sure.

So, this is an encouragement to keep pressing forward, even if we can’t presently see the fruit for our labors in other people’s lives, or not much, and even if we are regularly being opposed, and if it seems as though the vast majority of people have gone the way of the flesh and that they are not following the Lord.

So, we are to keep doing the good that God has called us to do, even in the face of much rejection and opposition, and we are to trust the Lord that he is using it all for his purposes, and that lives will be changed because of God’s grace, and because we remained faithful in sharing the truth of the gospel with them. To God be all the glory!

Return to Me

An Original Work / September 5, 2013
Based off Jeremiah 31; Cf. Rev. 2-3

I have loved you with an eternal love,
Which I give to you, in my faithfulness.

Keep your voice from weeping,
And your eyes from tearing.
You will be rewarded
With much fruitfulness.

There is hope for you that My family
Will return to Me; live in victory!

Though I discipline in My love for you,
My heart longs for you that you walk in truth.

Turn your thoughts to your Lord.
Choose to walk in His ways.
Turn from your sins daily.
Follow Jesus Christ.

Oh, how long will you wander in your sin?
Give your hearts to Me; be restored within.

I will satisfy ev’ry weary soul
Who repents of sin; is renewed within.

Behold, days are coming;
It will surely happen;
Though I discipline them,
They will thrive again.

I will be their One and their Only God.
They shall walk in white; be in Me, made right.

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe that people who do believe, but have a weak spiritual life, will still be judged but not to be judged incorrectly for only God knows the heart.

What would you say to this notion; Some people stay babes in Christ, who are unable to overcome their fleshly desires? They still go into the kingdom of God because of their faith. Then there will be ones who were Sons and daughters of God who had a strong spiritual life, They still go into the Kingdom of God to because of their faith.

Then you have people who claim absolute no faith at all, or believe there might be a God but dont know if it is true.

Just their difference in the measures of faith that is had (Romans 12:3)? Sorry just caught the very first line and thought to comment what your thoughts may be on this matter.

Thank you. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 6:7-8 NIV

“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”

There are many people today calling themselves Christians, or followers of Christ, who are convinced that God will not judge them for their sinful lifestyles, and that heaven is still guaranteed them even though they ignore the Lord and his commands and they pridefully, willfully, defiantly, deliberately, and even premeditatedly continue in their sinful practices.

Thus, they are mocking God and his word, for his word clearly teaches us that to be a follower of Christ we must deny self, die daily to sin, and follow our Lord in obedience to his commands, under the New Covenant (Lu 9:23-26; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-17; Eph 4:17-24; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6).

But God is not mocked, i.e., he will not allow himself to be mocked. For what we do in this life has consequences, even if we think it doesn’t. The New Testament is filled with warnings to us about thinking otherwise, and it has many instructions to the church regarding the consequences of continuing in sinful practices.

The Scriptures teach that if we walk (in conduct, in practice) in sin that we will die in our sins, not have eternal life with God. Not too many people are taking this seriously, though, for so many have believed the lie that says that God requires no repentance, obedience, or submission to him as Lord.

But even such a belief as that is mocking God, for the Scriptures do not teach that, but they teach the opposite of that. Besides, that is so against God’s divine character and his will for us, which has not changed.

So, the warning here is this. If we follow the passions and the desires of our flesh, as a matter of practice (habit), while we ignore our Lord and his commands, and we do what ought not to be done, and we continue in it, knowing full well that we are doing wrong, the payback is death, not life everlasting with God.

Nonetheless, if we are doing what pleases our Lord in faithful obedience to his commands, as a matter of practice (though not necessarily in absolute perfection), according to his will for our lives, and in his power and strength, we will reap eternal life with God.

Twisting the Scriptures

Some people, though, are calling this works-based salvation which they say we are not to do. So, basically they are saying that if we live holy and godly lives, in moral purity, and if we love our neighbors as ourselves, that we are trying to earn our own salvation, and that is wrong.

So, what they are doing is they are twisting the Scriptures to where they are turning darkness into light and light into darkness. They are making it wrong to obey the Lord and they are making it right to ignore the Lord and to continue doing evil. Logic alone says that doesn’t make sense at all.

It is true that we are saved by grace, through faith, which is not of ourselves, not of our own works lest any of us should boast that we somehow attained our own salvation in our own merit. But we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared in advance that we should walk (in practice) in them (Eph 2:8-10).

So, there is a clear difference between us, in our own flesh, of our own choosing, trying to do “good deeds” in order to earn our own salvation, and us doing the works of God which he prepared for us to walk in them in his power, as his workmanship. One is of the flesh. The other is of the Spirit.

For, the Scriptures could not be clearer on this issue. We must turn from our sins, make Jesus our Lord, and follow him in obedience, and we must not rebel against God by going our own way and by living sinful lifestyles in direct disobedience to his commands (Rom 6:1-23; Eph 4:17-24).

If we choose the path of sin over the path of obedience to the Lord, our lives here on this earth will not result in us having eternal life with God, but we will face death and eternity in hell.

And this is because Jesus died on that cross to deliver us out of our bondage to sin so we would now, by his grace, become slaves of his righteousness.

Also please know that the Scriptures teach that we are all going to be judged by what we do (by our works, by our deeds). So, if we live in sin, and we make sin our practice, we will not have eternal life with God, but we will die in our sins, no matter what we profess with our lips.

[Lu 9:23-26; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-17; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6; Gal 5:16-21; Eph 5:3-6; Gal 6:7-8; Rom 2:6-8; 1 Co 6:9-10; 2 Co 5:10; Col 1:21-23]

Galatians 6:9-10 NIV

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”

This is not encouraging works-based salvation here. The “doing good” here is not of ourselves; not of our flesh or of our own choosing. This good we are to keep doing is the good that God planned in advance that we should walk in, as a matter of practice, of our life course, in the power of God’s Spirit.

And the harvest that we will reap is not just eternal life with God, but if we are truly following our Lord in doing what he has called us to do, there should be a harvest of righteousness that we will reap in the lives of others, too. For, our lives should be impacting others with the gospel of Christ, too.

But, when we continually are opposed by those who say what we are teaching is works for salvation, or who think we are too religious, or that we should lighten up and not take life so seriously, or who reject us for teaching the truth of the gospel, it can be disheartening, for sure.

So, this is an encouragement to keep pressing forward, even if we can’t presently see the fruit for our labors in other people’s lives, or not much, and even if we are regularly being opposed, and if it seems as though the vast majority of people have gone the way of the flesh and that they are not following the Lord.

So, we are to keep doing the good that God has called us to do, even in the face of much rejection and opposition, and we are to trust the Lord that he is using it all for his purposes, and that lives will be changed because of God’s grace, and because we remained faithful in sharing the truth of the gospel with them. To God be all the glory!

Return to Me

An Original Work / September 5, 2013
Based off Jeremiah 31; Cf. Rev. 2-3

I have loved you with an eternal love,
Which I give to you, in my faithfulness.

Keep your voice from weeping,
And your eyes from tearing.
You will be rewarded
With much fruitfulness.

There is hope for you that My family
Will return to Me; live in victory!

Though I discipline in My love for you,
My heart longs for you that you walk in truth.

Turn your thoughts to your Lord.
Choose to walk in His ways.
Turn from your sins daily.
Follow Jesus Christ.

Oh, how long will you wander in your sin?
Give your hearts to Me; be restored within.

I will satisfy ev’ry weary soul
Who repents of sin; is renewed within.

Behold, days are coming;
It will surely happen;
Though I discipline them,
They will thrive again.

I will be their One and their Only God.
They shall walk in white; be in Me, made right.

If you think you can lose your salvation, you cannot have faith that God saved you, which is necessary for salvation.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that people who do believe, but have a weak spiritual life, will still be judged but not to be judged incorrectly for only God knows the heart.

What would you say to this notion; Some people stay babes in Christ, who are unable to overcome their fleshly desires? They still go into the kingdom of God because of their faith. Then there will be ones who were Sons and daughters of God who had a strong spiritual life, They still go into the Kingdom of God to because of their faith.

Then you have people who claim absolute no faith at all, or believe there might be a God but dont know if it is true.

Just their difference in the measures of faith that is had (Romans 12:3)? Sorry just caught the very first line and thought to comment what your thoughts may be on this matter.

Thank you. Have a great day!
What you are suggesting is not what the Scriptures teach. If you are unable because you are not willing to overcome your fleshly desires then you will die in your sins. You will not have eternal life with God. For if you are in Christ, you are able because God has made you able by his grace.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you think you can lose your salvation, you cannot have faith that God saved you, which is necessary for salvation.
Dave, this is not about what you or I think. Our opinions mean nothing. This is about what the Scriptures teach. We can't ignore them just because we don't agree with what they say. If you sow to please the flesh you will be destroyed. If you sow to please the Spirit, then you are promised eternal life.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What you are suggesting is not what the Scriptures teach. If you are unable because you are not willing to overcome your fleshly desires then you will die in your sins. You will not have eternal life with God. For if you are in Christ, you are able because God has made you able by his grace.

This is what you believe and that okay with me. Thank you for sharing.

There are many believers they might have problems in their flesh, and believe thta Jesus Christ died for their sins... so it is all perspective. aint no on perfect

but it is true we reap what we sow. I agree.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe we should, ask God for new hearts so we don't keep hanging on the fence, where we can get to satisfy the lusts of the flesh, here and there.
If you are in Christ you have already been given a new heart. You just have to exercise the heart you have been given by obeying the Lord's commands.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you are in Christ you have already been given a new heart. You just have to exercise the heart you have been given by obeying the Lord's commands.

Im simply saying, how can one be in Christ if they prefer to remain on the fence?

I remember a while ago, when i was still struggling with giving my life fully to God. I had a divine encounter, where i was shown, a rope which was on the ground. It had black on the other side and white on the other. I seemed to be trying to stand on both the white and the black side at the same time. Then a voice said to me
, "you're either on the black side or the white. You can't be both here and there at the same time." The Lord could see right through me whe He said that.

I then started to ask for a new heart, because honestly speaking, my heart was so deeply rooted in the things of the world. And this encounter took place, when i was right in the middle of calling myself a Christian.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im simply saying, how can one be in Christ if they prefer to remain on the fence?

I remember a while ago, when i was still struggling with giving my life fully to God. I had a divine encounter, where i was shown, a rope which was on the ground. It had black on the other side and white on the other. I seemed to be trying to stand on both the white and the black side at the same time. Then a voice said to me
, "you're either on the black side or the white. You can't be both here and there at the same time." The Lord could see right through me whe He said that.

I then started to ask for a new heart, because honestly speaking, my heart was so deeply rooted in the things of the world. And this encounter took place, when i was right in the middle of calling myself a Christian.
You don't get a new heart simply by asking for one. Jesus said if we want to come after him we must deny self, take up our cross daily, i.e., daily die with him to sin, by the Spirit, and we must daily follow him in obedience to his commands, empowered by the Spirit. The Christian life is daily saying no to the flesh and yes to God. We must walk according to the Spirit and no longer according to the flesh. Via our dying with Christ to sin, Jesus delivered us from slavery to sin so that we would no longer walk in sin but so we would now be slaves of righteousness. It is up to you to decide who you will obey, but if it be sin, as a matter of practice, it will end in death, not life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dave, this is not about what you or I think. Our opinions mean nothing. This is about what the Scriptures teach. We can't ignore them just because we don't agree with what they say. If you sow to please the flesh you will be destroyed. If you sow to please the Spirit, then you are promised eternal life.
But you cannot have saving faith if you think you can be lost.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus saves us from our sins.

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9 (KJV 1900)

You should know this by experience if you are born again.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The one who is continuously (Greek present tense) sowing to his own corrupt, sinful nature which is opposed to God and unrenewed by the Holy Spirit shall of the flesh reap corruption. Our life here is sowing of one kind or another. But he who sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life. In opposition to corruption, eternal life is produced by the Holy Spirit in those who put their faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You don't get a new heart simply by asking for one. Jesus said if we want to come after him we must deny self, take up our cross daily, i.e., daily die with him to sin, by the Spirit, and we must daily follow him in obedience to his commands, empowered by the Spirit. The Christian life is daily saying no to the flesh and yes to God. We must walk according to the Spirit and no longer according to the flesh. Via our dying with Christ to sin, Jesus delivered us from slavery to sin so that we would no longer walk in sin but so we would now be slaves of righteousness. It is up to you to decide who you will obey, but if it be sin, as a matter of practice, it will end in death, not life.

Right! You may have taken route A while i took route B. Let's just say that we're both trying to get to point C. Let's now see if we can still come to the same conclusion.

My conclusion is, it is impossible to die to the things of the flesh if we haven't surrendered our lives fully to Jesus. If care is not taken, we could start applying our own human effort inorder to stop sinning and without the leading of the holyspirit at that, which could inturn leave us feeling very drained in every sense literally.

When i speak of asking for a new heart, im acknowledging that i am a sinner who needs God's intervention. Obviously when God takes over, this is when we also gradually start to, progress as Christians. Without God there is no progression ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But you cannot have saving faith if you think you can be lost.
Dave, where do you get that from? All throughout Paul's teachings in the NT he teaches that we must walk according to the Spirit and not according to our flesh and if we walk according to our flesh that we will die in our sins, not have eternal life. He gives warning after warning to the church to not be deceived, to not think that they can live however they want and that heaven will be guaranteed them. Our salvation is not complete until Jesus returns. We are presently in the engagement period with our Lord. The wedding doesn't take place and the relationship is not consummated until Jesus returns. Saving faith is based on what the Scriptures teach. We are saved if we keep on in our walks of faith and we keep obeying the Lord and we remain in him and in his word, etc. Our salvation is conditional. If we don't remain in Christ and if we don't continue in his word, in obeying our Lord, and if we return to walking in the ways of the flesh, the end is death, not eternal life. We are not promised OSAS. Please read the Scriptures I quoted or I referenced and then follow what they teach. Time is short.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dave, where do you get that from? All throughout Paul's teachings in the NT he teaches that we must walk according to the Spirit and not according to our flesh and if we walk according to our flesh that we will die in our sins, not have eternal life. He gives warning after warning to the church to not be deceived, to not think that they can live however they want and that heaven will be guaranteed them. Our salvation is not complete until Jesus returns. We are presently in the engagement period with our Lord. The wedding doesn't take place and the relationship is not consummated until Jesus returns. Saving faith is based on what the Scriptures teach. We are saved if we keep on in our walks of faith and we keep obeying the Lord and we remain in him and in his word, etc. Our salvation is conditional. If we don't remain in Christ and if we don't continue in his word, in obeying our Lord, and if we return to walking in the ways of the flesh, the end is death, not eternal life. We are not promised OSAS. Please read the Scriptures I quoted or I referenced and then follow what they teach. Time is short.

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9 (KJV 1900)

“Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.” Acts 15:19–20 (KJV 1900)

People who are saved already do by nature what you are trying to have wannabees do in the power of the weak flesh to save themselves.

Upvote 0
Apr 10, 2015
Washington
✟8,032.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I think you're both missing an important step. Or clause, if you will. Repentance. THAT'S the key. If you're spiritually weak and continue a sinful life but you are repentant, you're forgiven. If you're saved and live as if you're not, but there's Godly sorrow there, you still have the gift of salvation. I believe there's only one way to lose your salvation and that's by knowing and believing yet throwing it away deliberately.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you're both missing an important step. Or clause, if you will. Repentance. THAT'S the key. If you're spiritually weak and continue a sinful life but you are repentant, you're forgiven. If you're saved and live as if you're not, but there's Godly sorrow there, you still have the gift of salvation. I believe there's only one way to lose your salvation and that's by knowing and believing yet throwing it away deliberately.

Read the Scriptures and what they teach. This is not about anyone's opinion. Yes, repentance is critical, but repentance involves turning from sin, dying to sin, and living to God. It meant that in the OT and it means that in the NT. The Scriptures teach that if we continue living in sin, making it our practice, that we don't have eternal life with God but we will die in our sins (Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-17; Lu 9:23-26; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8).

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

“Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.” Acts 15:19–20 (KJV 1900)

People who are saved already do by nature what you are trying to have wannabees do in the power of the weak flesh to save themselves.

Dave, you are ignoring the Scriptures that I quoted and referred to that teach that if we live in sin we will die in our sins, we won't have eternal life with God. Your Scripture from 1 Jn 3:9 has to do with making sin our practice, with continuing to live in (to walk in) sin. It is not saying we can never sin or that we will never sin, for other Scriptures make it quite clear that we can (1 Jn 2:1-2, for example). And because we are quite able of sinning, that is why we have so many warnings in the NT written to the church warning us against being deceived into thinking that we can live in sin and still be saved and still have eternal life with God.

Also, there are all kinds of instructions to Christians in the New Testament with regard to putting off certain sins and putting on righteousness, holiness, etc. and about stopping certain behaviors and about following Christ's example, etc. And there are many passages of Scripture which warn us that if we commit murder, adultery, sexual immorality, idolatry, etc., as a matter of practice, that we will not have eternal life with God but we will die in our sins, and these warnings are written to the church. We can't live in sin and have eternal life with God. That is not my opinion. It is what the word teaches.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,355,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The one who is continuously (Greek present tense) sowing to his own corrupt, sinful nature which is opposed to God and unrenewed by the Holy Spirit shall of the flesh reap corruption. Our life here is sowing of one kind or another. But he who sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life. In opposition to corruption, eternal life is produced by the Holy Spirit in those who put their faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ for salvation.

I agree, but we have to understand what that means and so we have to look at other Scriptures to help us understand what this "sowing" means, for it has to do with our actions. If we live to the flesh, we will die in our sins. If we make sin our practice and we don't make righteousness our practice, but if we continue in deliberate adultery, sexual immorality, theft, murder, etc. as our practice (habit), we don't have eternal life with God.

Upvote 0