We need to fellowship more so let's visit. All respectful fellowship welcome.

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Here in Michigan, you can fish from the shore, but not from a boat.

Why from the shore and not from a boat?

Michie, is he interested at all in gardening? 'Course, I think men just like to think all alone sometimes. That's why they adore hunting and fishing.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟798,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Michie, is he interested at all in gardening? 'Course, I think men just like to think all alone sometimes. That's why they adore hunting and fishing.

They were piling a bunch of people on one boat instead of just single. We have to keep 6 feet from each other here.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

He’s fishing from shore today. Did not want to hook one of the boats up. In my area, still a bit too early for gardening. It just got nice today where he wanted to give it a shot. My worry is if someone decides to stop and chat with no social distancing.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟798,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, 6 ft and stay home for us, too. I wasn't thinking of more than one to a boat. I've sometimes seen two in a boat, but other than college kids----well, it'd scare the fish away.
People were taking advantage and piling multiples on one boat to party, so they just shut it all down.

Upvote 0

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
He’s fishing from shore today. Did not want to hook one of the boats up. In my area, still a bit too early for gardening. It just got nice today where he wanted to give it a shot. My worry is if someone decides to stop and chat with no social distancing.

I'm worried that after this is over that people won't stop to chat with each other. I can get behind face masks, but they don't usually show if you're smiling or not. I'm afraid people will be leery of other people then. I'm not minimizing your fear tho', Michie. It's very understandable.

Upvote 0

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
People were taking advantage and piling multiples on one boat to party, so they just shut it all down.

Where you live are all sorts of watering holes that numerous people can use at the same time. Where I live, they are numerous, but each one is smaller (rivers rather than lakes).

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm worried that after this is over that people won't stop to chat with each other. I can get behind face masks, but they don't usually show if you're smiling or not. I'm afraid people will be leery of other people then. I'm not minimizing your fear tho', Michie. It's very understandable.
I’m not too worried about that. I could be wrong but I think those that have a tendency to be insular might be more so after. I think the majority of us will be happy to have the stress off. My theory is because of the stress and fear of contracting the virus, most people are stressed and behaving in that fashion because of it. It does not exactly make anyone tempted to break that social distancing boundary either.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟798,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Where you live are all sorts of watering holes that numerous people can use at the same time. Where I live, they are numerous, but each one is smaller (rivers rather than lakes).
I go to Tennessee in the summer and love the small creeks and rivers there. Can't wait for this whole thing to be over so I can go back down there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I go to Tennessee in the summer and love the small creeks and rivers there. Can't wait for this whole thing to be over so I can go back down there.
Where do you go? My mom and her side of the family are from there.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟798,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Where do you go? My mom and her side of the family are from there.
Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. I love the whole state though. Would love to relocate there someday.

Upvote 0

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Never been to Tennessee. In fact, never been further south then New Jersey (and that was just for the airport) on that side of the country.The pictures I've seen of it are beautiful tho'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chrystal-J

Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟798,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I'm watching CNN (with Trump and his task force talking). The medical speaker kept mentioning Detroit. They said they may send that malaria med to the city. I hope so, it seems promising.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Slept in today. i needed it I worked 12.5 hours Saturday. I took a long walk today and have been doing my resistance bands. I have to stay healthy the hospitals need all Hands on deck from the IT dept. We are absolutely inundated.

I have to hit the supermarket tomorrow and the laundromat. I dread it with sick people around. I am wearing gloves but there are no masks to be had. I use Purell and wash constantly.

Boston instituted a curfew today 9:00 pm to 6:00 am.

Upvote 0