• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

We need to fellowship more so let's visit. All respectful fellowship welcome.

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+43,650
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I need to do something to help. I have a schedule but it is not enough.

2. Julian of Norwich

Julian of Norwich English Catholic

+364
    United States
    Anglican
    Single
    US-American-Solidarity
    Me too, but I don't know if it's this isolation or age.

3. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+14,841
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I'm definitely going a bit stir crazy

It's all this business about not going out etc etc - I'm staring at the same 4 walls :(

4. Michie

+43,650
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I’m going to have to start adding things I do not normally do.

5. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+4,983
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    We're still allowed to go for a walk, so I've been walking around the block once a day.

6. Michie

+43,650
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    We have had more cases in our county pop up. Stores will only allow one entrance. One cart per person. They do not want you to bring others shopping. Everything is taped off. Even in how you should enter the store.

We got the golf cart charged up so we can take the dogs out for a ride on the property. Going to start a campfire. I think I may try a new recipe tomorrow.

7. Miss Shelby

Miss Shelby Legend

+3,034
    Catholic
    Private
    hey all. I am totally out of my wits. I am an essential worker but work in a surgery center where mainly surgeries are elective. I worked Tuesday of this week and am off again until Monday. I am so confused about my days I put a roast in the crock pot for dinner. its Friday. I am bored stiff but also have been getting a lot done. I need support. Tell me I'm not bat poop. What are your stories

8. Michie

+43,650
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I’m trying to stay busy. I got up today and thought it was Saturday. Still doing the parental obligations. But I need to add more into the schedule. Like you, I’m starting to feel a bit loopy. One day seems to run into another. How long can this go on?? If we are locked down for months we are all going to need to find good ways to cope. Aren’t they discouraging elective surgery now?

9. Miss Shelby

Miss Shelby Legend

+3,034
    Catholic
    Private
    yes they are discouraging elective surgeries. That is why we've gone from crazy busy to nothing. I guess we can think forward. For instance, all of these surgeries being canceled now are going to be rescheduled when this .. i don't want to say is over.. but when we go back to semi normal. And then we will be super crazy busy. It's so hard to keep things in perspective, but I know being discouraged and or complaining now is only going to result in the same complaining when we bounce back and are super busy. I try so hard to bear that in mind; and the Rosary. I depend on the Rosary. I have faith in that.

10. Michie

+43,650
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I thought of that. Many places are going to be swamped. I know we are very blessed. But trying not to complain is still difficult at times. I really have no humorous stories at this point unless you count me absentmindedly punching my hand into a plastic barrier while paying for a transaction the other day.

11. Miss Shelby

Miss Shelby Legend

+3,034
    Catholic
    Private
    well I think when we finally can go out, you're gonna need a reservation to go to McDonalds. :D

12. Michie

+43,650
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    If you live in town, block party!!!:)

13. Miss Shelby

Miss Shelby Legend

+3,034
    Catholic
    Private
    haha I hope the haz mat guys didn't surround you!

14. Michie

+43,650
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Better yet, just make the hazmat suits required attire. ;)

15. Miss Shelby

Miss Shelby Legend

+3,034
    Catholic
    Private
    Thank you Michie it's been good to talk to you. :)

16. Michie

+43,650
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I enjoyed it too. Please do not be a stranger! :)

17. Chrystal-J

+4,983
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Went to the store today, it was crowded. But, I wore a mask and gloves. They had toilet paper--felt like doing a victory lap with it. lol

18. Michie

+43,650
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    That’s how I felt when I found tp! Lol! They are changing things here again. Only so many can go into the store at once. Must file in a certain way. Only one person. No bringing others to shop with you. One cart per person.

19. Chrystal-J

+4,983
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    They haven't done that yet here, but they have things posted on the floor at the check out and meat counter as to where you should be standing (6 ft. apart). And there's an announcement on the speaker that keeps saying to stand 6 ft apart. Most people were obeying the order, but there were a few who didn't care and were walking around right next to people, talking on their phones.

20. Michie

+43,650
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    It’s so frustrating when people are so inconsiderate.