We need to fellowship more so let's visit. All respectful fellowship welcome.

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I can’t stand watching her. It’s like eating sandpaper! Lol!
I know what you mean. She yells over people and won't let them speak.

Upvote 0

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Well, I just went for my weekly trip to the grocery store. Everything was well stocked (except for the TP aisle that was empty - maybe the store employees gave up on stocking it), everyone was friendly, only two elderly, oriental ladies wore masks, and nobody freaked out if you were less than 6 ft. away! People's initial panic seems to be going away (except where it concerns toilet paper).

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I was really concerned to see some people wearing masks in the store. I don't know if that meant they were sick or just needlessly wearing one. One guy wearing a mask was ahead of me in the checkout. He was putting his groceries on the belt, and I thought to myself if my groceries touch the same belt, I'm done for. I tried not touching my face (not sure if I did so without realizing), tried not to speak to anyone unless I was far enough away, tried to social distance -- didn't think I did a terrible job today but there's always a slip up somewhere, some critical point where I may have neglected to keep myself away from the virus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,653,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was really concerned to see some people wearing masks in the store. I don't know if that meant they were sick or just needlessly wearing one. One guy wearing a mask was ahead of me in the checkout. He was putting his groceries on the belt, and I thought to myself if my groceries touch the same belt, I'm done for. I tried not touching my face (not sure if I did so without realizing), tried not to speak to anyone unless I was far enough away, tried to social distance -- didn't think I did a terrible job today but there's always a slip up somewhere, some critical point where I may have neglected to keep myself away from the virus.
A lot of people wearing masks are doing so to protect themselves. Continued prayers for you and your family. *hugs*

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
A lot of people wearing masks are doing so to protect themselves. Continued prayers for you and your family. *hugs*
thanks :) they could have been doing it to avoid touching their face too. I did get a shipment of masks in the mail today but I thought I ordered 2. Not sure if the 2nd one will ever come. I only have them in case I have a problem.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just took a walk with my two dogs and a few cats. It’s pretty mild today and sunny. Thought it would be a good opportunity to get some sun on our heads
two dogs and a few cats. ?? That made me smile! Do you have outdoor cats? Neighborhood cats?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,653,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
two dogs and a few cats. ?? That made me smile! Do you have outdoor cats? Neighborhood cats?
I live way out in the woods. They are my cats. They were either dumped, rescued, or fostered. They have been here for years. All spayed and neutered. I have done that are strictly indoors or go in and out. Some stay out and have shelters they use

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I live way out in the woods. They are my cats. They were either dumped, rescued, or fostered. They have been here for years. All spayed and neutered. I have done that are strictly indoors or go in and out. Some stay out and have shelters they use
Sweet!
I have 3 indoor cats - almost 3 years ago a kitten showed up at our house, then a couple days later a mama cat and another kitten showed up and we ended up keeping all 3. :)
We live out in the country and also have outdoor visitor cats - a neighborhood cat that everyone takes care of, and two from a nearby farm that love to come by for pets, a snacker, or to just hang out.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,653,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sweet!
I have 3 indoor cats - almost 3 years ago a kitten showed up at our house, then a couple days later a mama cat and another kitten showed up and we ended up keeping all 3. :)
We live out in the country and also have outdoor visitor cats - a neighborhood cat that everyone takes care of, and two from a nearby farm that love to come by for pets, a snacker, or to just hang out.
Sounds like you got the start of a colony! :)

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you got the start of a colony! :)
There is actually someone who takes care of a colony nearby. There are a lot of farms, with barns, in this area so there are cats that just get dumped off. :( We think thats what happened with the mama and kittens we adopted because the mama was friendly and litter box trained so she'd had a home at some point.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We out today looking like a bank robber. Had my scarf around my face and rubber gloves on. The store wasn't too busy, but it was early in the day. Stocked up on food again--things I can't get on-line. Hopefully, I won't have to go out again for a while.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,653,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We out today looking like a bank robber. Had my scarf around my face and rubber gloves on. The store wasn't too busy, but it was early in the day. Stocked up on food again--things I can't get on-line. Hopefully, I won't have to go out again for a while.
My husband went out today. He wanted me to stay home. Has anyone noticed the free previews of the movie channels? We have had one free preview after another. I just go through them and set them to record so we have them on hand. Maybe they are doing this because so many are in isolation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0
A bit of a vent, or maybe a rant. I'm not really sure.

I have run some family shopping errands the last few days. It seems everywhere I go I see people wearing masks and gloves and I have to bite my tongue to not say anything, like you are stupid. They have their noses hanging out of the masks, gaps around the sides. The masks are usually dust masks or cloth masks. I shake my head and hold my superior thoughts to myself. If you have not moved to the next post already, I will explain why.

I am not an industrial hygienist, but part of my job involves wearing PPE from time to time. I am certified to operate in Level A (the space suit looking things), Level B (air tank on your back), and Level C (full face respirator). I select the PPE gear my crew uses and I conduct fit testing to make sure it works properly. I also train people how to properly put on and take off gear (donning and doffing). The N95 mask should or could protect the wearer from the virus, but only if it is fitted properly, worn properly, and removed properly. The N95 mask was not designed to be reused. Moisture is not its friend as moisture causes fiber expansion in the layers thereby reducing effectiveness. What about cloth masks, I can wash those, right? Yes, you can wash them, but those are not able to significantly (statistical sense) reduce exposure to something as small as this virus. Cloth masks do have value in that if you are sick; they will help to reduce the amount of virus you spew out, especially when you cough. But gloves will help, right? Sure, but only if you wear them and remove them properly all the while not cross contaminating unprotected areas (like rubbing your eye). There is a specific procedure to be used when removing disposable gloves and my bet is most do not follow it.

So if read this far you are probably wondering if I have anything helpful to say or if I am just out to find fault. Here are some things that everyone can do that will help: Wash your hands with soap and do so properly; soap destroys the outer coating of the virus. High humidity helps to shorten the time the virus is able to stay floating in the air. Keep your distance from others; remember the virus will not cross intact skin, it needs a mucus membrane. Consider washing your clothes as soon as you come home; admittedly this is a maybe since it is not clearly known how much of the virus might be on your clothing. Disinfecting incoming packages and such may have value, if you are properly using an effective product. Respect the infirm and the elderly as if infected it will likely go much worse for them. Eat properly and maintain your physical and emotional health. To me the most important thing any of us can do for our countries is to stay health and become an additional draw on the medical system.

We all want to feel like we are doing something to help and I am sure that those folks wearing masks improperly and the like feel like they are doing something to help and protect themselves. I think a better option would be to become educated on the issue from sound government and research sources and keep away from the internet naysayers. Follow best practices and take care of your families so that you all stay healthy. Finally, and this should go unspoken given the venue, pray often and with vigor.

Upvote 0