mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
doubtingmerle said:
We need FEMA. We need the National Weather Service. We need NOAA. We need NASA. We need the Coast Guard and National Park Service. We need government.

We need to contribute money into a common poll, with each person having one vote, with that common money used to do things that private enterprise will not do. We call that government. And yes, the size of that government must be limited. And yes, we also need private enterprise. But we need government.

We need FEMA. We need a President who understands human need. We need Obama.

Where was Obama a day after his photo op in new jersey with Chris Christie?

Why don't we have the situation room photos of Ben ghazi?

Obama is not interested in limited government. He would not have passed obamacare if that were the case.

He looks at private enterprise as a necessary evil.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where was Obama a day after his photo op in new jersey with Chris Christie?
That wasn't a photo op. It was a serious survey of the damage by a governor and president, with discussion on the best response.

Obama is not interested in limited government. He would not have passed obamacare if that were the case.
Passing Obamacare does not mean he wants unlimited government.

All industrialized nations have some means of assuring healthcare to their citizens. Obama thought America should do this to. Why not?

Do you not want the government to take steps to assure that all have health insurance?

He looks at private enterprise as a necessary evil.

Does the Bible no longer contain the command not to bear false witness? Obama never said this.

Upvote 0

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
doubtingmerle said:
That wasn't a photo op. It was a serious survey of the damage by a governor and president, with discussion on the best response.

Passing Obamacare does not mean he wants unlimited government.

All industrialized nations have some means of assuring healthcare to their citizens. Obama thought America should do this to. Why not?

Do you not want the government to take steps to assure that all have health insurance?

Does the Bible no longer contain the command not to bear false witness? Obama never said this.

Keep drinking the kool aid.

Reactions: Jeffwhosoever
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then vote for people who will be accountable to you after elected. I find that the Democratic Party is far more interested in building a government team that is accountable to the people.

You cannot seriously expect me to believe that last can you? I have never found that a sentence that begins "I inherited this mess" or " Even though I promised to....I didn't know just how bad it was" will be followed by a mature and reasonable way to take responsibility and be accountable. Additionally, as long as the two political parties have total control of the electoral process it is unlikely that a serious candidate that will be accountable to anyone other than one of the political parties will even appear on a ballot. AFAIK there are very few people that have been elected, to any public office of any consequence, that have done so as a write in.

Context, please. In context the "that" means the infrastructure that companies use to make their money, even though they didn't build "that".

We can accomplish things without government. Cavemen accomplished things without government. But we will not accomplish the great things that Americans have accomplished unless we have government.

The great things that have been accomplished by individuals builduing their business or by individuals living their own lives are not the product of government. Often things are accomplished in spite of government. Yes, government is necessary for civilization to exist. So is oxygen, water etc. If one builds a business one could not have done so without air or water or the blood that flows through their veins but is air what built the business or water or a bridge or a road or a government tax or a pontificating bureaucrat? I think not. Also let me point out that both businesses and individuals pay taxes so they do indeed build "that roads and bridges" and the government is simply the middle man whose cut of the transaction greatly increases the cost of the project. As for context, your spin is just so far fetched that one cannot give it any serious consideration. " you didn't build that roads and bridges" somehow makes very little sense in context while " you didn't build that business" seems to be exactly what the context leads us to if one seriously tries to glean the meaning of the entire prepared remarks that the President recited that day rather than attempting to find a way for what he said to be something other than what he meant.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have never found that a sentence that begins "I inherited this mess" or " Even though I promised to....I didn't know just how bad it was" will be followed by a mature and reasonable way to take responsibility and be accountable.
But Obama did inherit a mess, and should not be held accountable for the decisions that were made before he became president. When he became president, the country was still losing hundreds of thousands of jobs a month. Within a few months of his becoming president, that was turned around, and since then we have had job growth every month.

Additionally, as long as the two political parties have total control of the electoral process it is unlikely that a serious candidate that will be accountable to anyone other than one of the political parties will even appear on a ballot. AFAIK there are very few people that have been elected, to any public office of any consequence, that have done so as a write in.
I strongly support a multi-party system. If we can spend weeks voting people off the island or voting for American idol winners until we narrow it down to 1, why can't we do the same for electing presidents? The next president is more important than the next American Idol.

The great things that have been accomplished by individuals builduing their business or by individuals living their own lives are not the product of government. Often things are accomplished in spite of government. Yes, government is necessary for civilization to exist. So is oxygen, water etc. If one builds a business one could not have done so without air or water or the blood that flows through their veins but is air what built the business or water or a bridge or a road or a government tax or a pontificating bureaucrat? I think not.
Obama didn't say government built those businesses. He said govenment built the roads.

Also let me point out that both businesses and individuals pay taxes so they do indeed build "that roads and bridges" and the government is simply the middle man whose cut of the transaction greatly increases the cost of the project.
Correct. That was Obama's very point. Government builds roads and bridges with tax money. Therefore successful businesses should pay taxes to help build the roads.

As for context, your spin is just so far fetched that one cannot give it any serious consideration. " you didn't build that roads and bridges" somehow makes very little sense in context while " you didn't build that business" seems to be exactly what the context leads us to if one seriously tries to glean the meaning of the entire prepared remarks that the President recited that day rather than attempting to find a way for what he said to be something other than what he meant.

In context the point was that, since government builds roads, bridges, etc., then businesses should pay taxes so the government can continue to do this.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We have Kentuckians in this region of PA.

But I do think instead of arguing over FEMA no FEMA, everyone does as much as possible. And I tend to think those that can help have been -- so the evidence is that we do need some sort of helping and coordinating mechanism like FEMA.

Instead of getting rid of it politically, we need to demonstrate that it isn't needed first. So far, that hasn't happened.
:groupray:

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We are awake...we realize it's vitally important to get Obama out of office.

A lot of people are going to suffer if Romney gets in and guts needed government programs.

Upvote 0