New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I’m genuinely disappointed in us a Church. I’ve seen a lot of discussion on this topic lately and I want to share with you guys my thoughts on the matter. President Trump has done some good things to support our community as evangelicals. Defending religious freedoms, taking steps to reverse Rowe v. Wade, putting certain conservatives in the Supreme court, standing with Israel etc.… But this does not justify his repulsive behavior. He is abusive to individuals; he has done many disgusting acts in his personal life and public life. He just attacked the Jewish community saying, “I think Jewish people that vote for a Democrat—I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,”. I would say that in my opinion, most of the Jewish community has really shocked me with their stances, especially regarding homosexuality and family values. Even so, demonizing an entire people group because they disagree with your stances and your character is completely unacceptable. We as Christians are supposed to be different! '“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 'Matthew 5:13-14. Why are we accepting this behavior? We are not a good deed outweigh the bad deeds kind of people. That is a new age belief and it should not be tolerated. When is somebody going to stand up and stand for our Biblical beliefs unconditionally? The Jewish people, although they do not believe in Christ are still our brothers and sisters under the God of Jacob. Of course, our job as Christian is to soul win, no question. But we need somebody to stand up for us as a Christian/Jewish community and put our values forward. God is faithful and tell us in II Chronicles 7:14

'if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. ' No more standing around and hoping that the President isn’t going to embarrass our evangelical community. We our losing our witness because of how we are represented through Trump. You should not be disagreeing with Jesus if you are a Christian, so let me lay some things out for you and you can decide for yourselves if we are being represented accurately.

'For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.' Matthew 24:7-8 'For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, '

Matthew 24:7-8,37-38

The extreme weather, heat and natural disasters we are seeing on an increasing scale IS NOT because of climate change. Jesus tells us that when we see these things, we are nearing his return. Do not be fooled brothers and sisters!

'“Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’'

Matthew 25:41-43

People in our country are starving and suffering. Skid Row LA has approximately 17,000 homeless people living in tents according to a recent study.

In LA's homelessness crisis: the Skid Row is everywhere (Opinion) - CNN

I’m not saying everybody who wants to come into the USA should be allowed to, BUT we need to be a place of refuge for the world. Jesus tells us that we need to help people who are strangers to us. America first is not a Biblical stance.

'And I will come near you for judgment; I will be a swift witness Against sorcerers, Against adulterers, Against perjurers, Against those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans, And against those who turn away an alien— Because they do not fear Me,” Says the Lord of hosts.'

Malachi 3:5

CBP Enforcement Statistics FY 2019 | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Our prisoners are generally born into rough situations, grow up in rough situations, get arrested and end up back in Jail. We need a prison reform! Badly! Bad people SHOULD be locked up, I do not disagree with that. But we should be going into our jails and prisons and sharing the TRUE gospel with the incarcerated. Only through Jesus Christ can a lifelong criminal become effective member of society and a very powerful witness for Christ to other criminals.

Measuring Recidivism

'And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’ ? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, let not man separate.”'

Matthew 19:4-6

LGBTQ and Homosexuality is running rapid in our country. The amount of people identifying as either one of those communities is skyrocketing and we can see the effects of broken-down family structures in America whether its through a confused marriage, divorce or sexual immorality. Topic: Homosexuality

About one-third of U.S. children are living with an unmarried parentAmong the 25 most-cited school shooters since Columbine, 75 percent were reared in broken homes. Psychologist Dr. Peter Langman, a pre-eminent expert on school shooters, found that most came from incredibly broken homes of not just divorce and separation, but also infidelity, substance abuse, criminal behavior, domestic violence, and child abuse. The Crisis of Fatherless Shooters

We need to stand up for families! It is too dangerous for us as a nation to be so active in social immorality, especially looking at some of the effects it has on us as a Nation, Locally and even within our churches.

'Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear. Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands, Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.'

I Peter 3:1-5,7

Women, God does not want you shouting your abortion and being radically feminist, nor does he want you to have no say at all. He calls Godly women to be meek. Yes, women are to be equal to men and given equal respect. No, women should not be on the street shouting and campaigning.

'My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.'

Psalms 139:14-16

Based on the latest state-level data, approximately 879,000 abortions took place in the United States in 2017—down from approximately 892,000 abortions in 2016 and 913,000 abortions in 2015. U.S. Abortion Statistics Not sure if anyone did the math, but we would have 879,000 more two-year old’s, 892,000 more three-year old’s and 913,000 more four-year old’s…. How sad.

Our goal as Christians should be to evangelize and stand firm in the faith. God is watching. We need somebody to stand up and run for office. Maybe someone reading this right now. We undeniably have the upper hand in voting. Especially if we stand with our Jewish brothers and sisters. No man or woman is perfect, but, if we can get somebody into office that will not make a fool of themselves and our nation, while at the same time stand for our Biblical beliefs than we need to do it. Brothers and Sisters, we NEED a voice.

Religion in America: U.S. Religious Data, Demographics and Statistics

• Useful
Reactions: Tom 1

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I’m genuinely disappointed in us a Church. I’ve seen a lot of discussion on this topic lately and I want to share with you guys my thoughts on the matter. President Trump has done some good things to support our community as evangelicals. Defending religious freedoms, taking steps to reverse Rowe v. Wade, putting certain conservatives in the Supreme court, standing with Israel etc.… But this does not justify his repulsive behavior. He is abusive to individuals; he has done many disgusting acts in his personal life and public life. He just attacked the Jewish community saying, “I think Jewish people that vote for a Democrat—I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,”. I would say that in my opinion, most of the Jewish community has really shocked me with their stances, especially regarding homosexuality and family values. Even so, demonizing an entire people group because they disagree with your stances and your character is completely unacceptable. We as Christians are supposed to be different! '“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 'Matthew 5:13-14. Why are we accepting this behavior? We are not a good deed outweigh the bad deeds kind of people. That is a new age belief and it should not be tolerated. When is somebody going to stand up and stand for our Biblical beliefs unconditionally? The Jewish people, although they do not believe in Christ are still our brothers and sisters under the God of Jacob. Of course, our job as Christian is to soul win, no question. But we need somebody to stand up for us as a Christian/Jewish community and put our values forward. God is faithful and tell us in II Chronicles 7:14

'if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. ' No more standing around and hoping that the President isn’t going to embarrass our evangelical community. We our losing our witness because of how we are represented through Trump. You should not be disagreeing with Jesus if you are a Christian, so let me lay some things out for you and you can decide for yourselves if we are being represented accurately.

'For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.' Matthew 24:7-8 'For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, '

The extreme weather, heat and natural disasters we are seeing on an increasing scale IS NOT because of climate change. Jesus tells us that when we see these things, we are nearing his return. Do not be fooled brothers and sisters!

'“Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’'

People in our country are starving and suffering. Skid Row LA has approximately 17,000 homeless people living in tents according to a recent study.

I’m not saying everybody who wants to come into the USA should be allowed to, BUT we need to be a place of refuge for the world. Jesus tells us that we need to help people who are strangers to us. America first is not a Biblical stance.

'And I will come near you for judgment; I will be a swift witness Against sorcerers, Against adulterers, Against perjurers, Against those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans, And against those who turn away an alien— Because they do not fear Me,” Says the Lord of hosts.'

Our prisoners are generally born into rough situations, grow up in rough situations, get arrested and end up back in Jail. We need a prison reform! Badly! Bad people SHOULD be locked up, I do not disagree with that. But we should be going into our jails and prisons and sharing the TRUE gospel with the incarcerated. Only through Jesus Christ can a lifelong criminal become effective member of society and a very powerful witness for Christ to other criminals.

Measuring Recidivism

'And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’ ? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, let not man separate.”'

LGBTQ and Homosexuality is running rapid in our country. The amount of people identifying as either one of those communities is skyrocketing and we can see the effects of broken-down family structures in America whether its through a confused marriage, divorce or sexual immorality. Topic: Homosexuality

About one-third of U.S. children are living with an unmarried parentAmong the 25 most-cited school shooters since Columbine, 75 percent were reared in broken homes. Psychologist Dr. Peter Langman, a pre-eminent expert on school shooters, found that most came from incredibly broken homes of not just divorce and separation, but also infidelity, substance abuse, criminal behavior, domestic violence, and child abuse. The Crisis of Fatherless Shooters

We need to stand up for families! It is too dangerous for us as a nation to be so active in social immorality, especially looking at some of the effects it has on us as a Nation, Locally and even within our churches.

'Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear. Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands, Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.'

Women, God does not want you shouting your abortion and being radically feminist, nor does he want you to have no say at all. He calls Godly women to be meek. Yes, women are to be equal to men and given equal respect. No, women should not be on the street shouting and campaigning.

'My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.'

Based on the latest state-level data, approximately 879,000 abortions took place in the United States in 2017—down from approximately 892,000 abortions in 2016 and 913,000 abortions in 2015. U.S. Abortion Statistics Not sure if anyone did the math, but we would have 879,000 more two-year old’s, 892,000 more three-year old’s and 913,000 more four-year old’s…. How sad.

Our goal as Christians should be to evangelize and stand firm in the faith. God is watching. We need somebody to stand up and run for office. Maybe someone reading this right now. We undeniably have the upper hand in voting. Especially if we stand with our Jewish brothers and sisters. No man or woman is perfect, but, if we can get somebody into office that will not make a fool of themselves and our nation, while at the same time stand for our Biblical beliefs than we need to do it. Brothers and Sisters, we NEED a voice.

Getting worked up over Trump is small time stuff for the church. What the church should do is focus on sharing the gospel with people across the country. It's only when people come to saving faith en masse that things in the government and society will change. If we must focus on government we should focus on getting government to bow the knee to King Jesus.

Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Getting worked up over Trump is small time stuff for the church. What the church should do is focus on sharing the gospel with people across the country. It's only when people come to saving faith en masse that things in the government and society will change. If we must focus on government we should focus on getting government to bow the knee to King Jesus.
Yes i agree and the power if the Gospel is in incredible, but, Trump is making Evangelicals and evangelical values look bad by the way he conducts himself and the way we continue to support him without rebuke

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes i agree and the power if the Gospel is in incredible, but, Trump is making Evangelicals and evangelical values look bad by the way he conducts himself and the way we continue to support him without rebuke
Evangelicals shamed themselves years ago by attaching themselves to any politician who was pro-life no matter how crooked they may have been in their personal lives. Couple that with the corrupt televangelists and pastors who have dominated in the media for the last half century and the evangelical church has limited credibility.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Evangelicals shamed themselves years ago by attaching themselves to any politician who was pro-life no matter how crooked they may have been in their personal lives. Couple that with the corrupt televangelists and pastors who have dominated in the media for the last half century and the evangelical church has limited credibility.
Exactly, we need to step up and make a change

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, we need to step up and make a change
Agreed. If we're going to look at government for anything it's to name Christ as King in the constitution. This is something that should have been done in the first place in an allegedly Christian nation. Beyond that we need to fix our broken theological house.

Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Agreed. If we're going to look at government for anything it's to name Christ as King in the constitution. This is something that should have been done in the first place in an allegedly Christian nation. Beyond that we need to fix our broken theological house.
Whos willing to step up though? The Lord will put that person where he needs to be and will raise him up but WHO. I think we as evangelicals should look to a leader of our faith. Someone with a voice already and truly stands for our beliefs. If Trump was elected with only business experience. A proven pastor or leader in our community should have no problem.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) this is something that should have been done in the first place in an allegedly Christian nation. (snip)
That's part of the problem right there: we've never been a "Christian nation". :wave:
tulc(seeing as how there's no such thing as "a christian nation") :sorry:

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That's part of the problem right there: we've never been a "Christian nation". :wave:
tulc(seeing as how there's no such thing as "a christian nation") :sorry:
I agree the US has never been a Christian nation. There have been nations and Kings in the past 2000 years that have bowed the knee to Christ and as such should be considered Christian nations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
I agree the US has never been a Christian nation. There have been nations and Kings in the past 2000 years that have bowed the knee to Christ and as such should be considered Christian nations.
Just whom might those Christian nations be - Christ never taught that we should put our faith in secular institutions, like government, to spread His message!

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Just whom might those Christian nations be - Christ never taught that we should put our faith in secular institutions, like government, to spread His message!
This has absolutely nothing to do with putting faith in governmental institutions. It's about government bowing the knee to Christ and vowing to follow his word.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Measuring Recidivism

Just wondering.....would you have preferred that the other candidate would've won the presidency?

:scratch:

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Just wondering.....would you have preferred that the other candidate would've won the presidency?

No but it shouldnt be a lesser of two evils battle. We should have somebody who actually represents us. Im sick of hearing “would rather have had Clinton?” NO of course not, i’d rather have neither. All of our current choices are just as bad and maybe worse than the 2016 choices. Why is there no leading evangelicals or christian leaders running?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I would. :wave:
tulc(has no doubt, Sec. Clinton would have been a vastly better President then President Trump and a majority of voters agreed with him in 2016) :oldthumbsup:

• Agree
Reactions: Scholastica
Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I would. :wave:
tulc(has no doubt, Sec. Clinton would have been a vastly better President then President Trump and a majority of voters agreed with him in 2016) :oldthumbsup:
She goes against every biblical value im not sure how you can say that. Atleast trump has defended religious rights and tried to end abortion. Yes he has a nasty mouth on him and is a vile person. Clinton would have been just as terrible plus her husband is a suspected pedophile now.

Upvote 0

Scholastica

Aug 25, 2019
California
✟27,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the record, Hillary Clinton is a Christian. Here she is discussing her faith with a woman an a town hall:

"I am a person of faith. I am a Christian. I am a Methodist. I have been raised Methodist. I feel very grateful for the instructions and support I received starting in my family but through my church, and I think that any of us who are Christian have a constantly, constant, conversation in our own heads about what we are called to do and how we are asked to do it, and I think it is absolutely appropriate for people to have very strong convictions and also, though, to discuss those with other people of faith. Because different experiences can lead to different conclusions about what is consonant with our faith and how best to exercise it.

The idea you heard on the radio of looking at individuals, I think, is absolutely fair. My study of the Bible, my many conversations with people of faith, has led me to believe the most important commandment is to love the Lord with all your might and to love your neighbor as yourself, and that is what I think we are commanded by Christ to do, and there is so much more in the Bible about taking care of the poor, visiting the prisoners, taking in the stranger, creating opportunities for others to be lifted up, to find faith themselves that I think there are many different ways of exercising your faith. But I do believe that in many areas judgment should be left to God, that being more open, tolerant and respectful is part of what makes me humble about my faith, and I am in awe of people who truly turn the other cheek all the time, who can go that extra mile that we are called to go, who keep finding ways to forgive and move on. Those are really hard things for human beings to do, and there is a lot, certainly in the New Testament, that calls us to do that.

The famous discussion on the Sermon on the Mount should be something that you really pay attention to. There’s a lot of great Bible studies: What does the Sermon on the Mount really mean? What is it calling us to do and to understand? Because it sure does seem to favor the poor and the merciful and those who in worldly terms don’t have a lot but who have the spirit that God recognizes as being at the core of love and salvation.

So there is much to be learned and I have been very disappointed and sorry that Christianity, which has such great love at its core, is sometimes used to condemn so quickly and judge so harshly. When I think part of the message that I certainly have tried to understand and live with is to look at yourself first, to make sure you are being the kind of person you should be in how you are treating others, and I am by no means a perfect person, I will certainly confess that to one and all, but I feel the continuing urge to try to do better, to try to be kinder, to try to be more loving, even with people who are quite harsh.

So, I think you have to keep asking yourself, if you are a person of faith, what is expected of me and am I actually acting the way that I should? And that starts in small ways and goes out in very large ones, but it’s something that I take very seriously. So thank you for asking."

• Informative
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She goes against every biblical value im not sure how you can say that.
uhmmm....I say it because it's true. If your goal was some sort of "biblical litmus test" of the two candidates Sec Clinton could at least pronounce "II Corinthians" correctly. As well as tell you where to find it in the Bible. She's never bragged about sexually assaulting women or made fun of a handicapped reporters handicap. She would also be able to tell you what each branch of the government has which powers and she could actually get things accomplished by working with those branches. And as a extra bonus? She doesn't lie every time she says something. :wave:

Atleast trump has defended religious rights and tried to end abortion.
It's too bad he's not interested in protecting all religious rights just apparently the fake ones that allow his base feels free to discriminate against other Americans as much as they like. :sigh:

Yes he has a nasty mouth on him and is a vile person.
uhmmm...if that's not a problem for you then why did you criticize Sec Clinton for (apparently being) that very thing? :scratch:

Clinton would have been just as terrible
Nope, not even sort of. :)

plus her husband (snip)
I never said her husband would be a better President (though he was) and since I never voted for him even once, (she was the first Clinton I ever voted for) he would be beside the point in this particular discussion. ;)
tulc(hopes that explains why he thinks Sec Clinton would have been a much better President then President Trump) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
For the record, Hillary Clinton is a Christian. Here she is discussing her faith with a woman an a town hall:

"I am a person of faith. I am a Christian. I am a Methodist. I have been raised Methodist. I feel very grateful for the instructions and support I received starting in my family but through my church, and I think that any of us who are Christian have a constantly, constant, conversation in our own heads about what we are called to do and how we are asked to do it, and I think it is absolutely appropriate for people to have very strong convictions and also, though, to discuss those with other people of faith. Because different experiences can lead to different conclusions about what is consonant with our faith and how best to exercise it.

The idea you heard on the radio of looking at individuals, I think, is absolutely fair. My study of the Bible, my many conversations with people of faith, has led me to believe the most important commandment is to love the Lord with all your might and to love your neighbor as yourself, and that is what I think we are commanded by Christ to do, and there is so much more in the Bible about taking care of the poor, visiting the prisoners, taking in the stranger, creating opportunities for others to be lifted up, to find faith themselves that I think there are many different ways of exercising your faith. But I do believe that in many areas judgment should be left to God, that being more open, tolerant and respectful is part of what makes me humble about my faith, and I am in awe of people who truly turn the other cheek all the time, who can go that extra mile that we are called to go, who keep finding ways to forgive and move on. Those are really hard things for human beings to do, and there is a lot, certainly in the New Testament, that calls us to do that.

The famous discussion on the Sermon on the Mount should be something that you really pay attention to. There’s a lot of great Bible studies: What does the Sermon on the Mount really mean? What is it calling us to do and to understand? Because it sure does seem to favor the poor and the merciful and those who in worldly terms don’t have a lot but who have the spirit that God recognizes as being at the core of love and salvation.

So there is much to be learned and I have been very disappointed and sorry that Christianity, which has such great love at its core, is sometimes used to condemn so quickly and judge so harshly. When I think part of the message that I certainly have tried to understand and live with is to look at yourself first, to make sure you are being the kind of person you should be in how you are treating others, and I am by no means a perfect person, I will certainly confess that to one and all, but I feel the continuing urge to try to do better, to try to be kinder, to try to be more loving, even with people who are quite harsh.

So, I think you have to keep asking yourself, if you are a person of faith, what is expected of me and am I actually acting the way that I should? And that starts in small ways and goes out in very large ones, but it’s something that I take very seriously. So thank you for asking."
Actions speak louder than words and we have seen her do many bad things such as slander, openly defend evil acts of other, promote abortion and radical feminism and many other.
“You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Trump also claimed to be christian but “couldn't remember” or was “unwilling to share” his favorite verse

Upvote 0