We met 10 years later, now in love but...

ckg1073

Jan 24, 2020
Sydney
✟15,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recently re connected with a friend I went to school with, we were like best friends - so we’ve known each other for quite a while. We're both 24. So we met three weeks ago for the first time in 10 years, we instantly fell for each other because of our mutual connection to Jesus and the understanding of the global agenda. I really believe this was ordained as it came out of no where, in no circumstance was I seeking a potential spouse or relationship - it just came out of no where. It moved quite quickly after a few days, he asked me straight up if there was any possibility of a future relationship and I said yes.

After a few more meet ups and strange coincidences which I believe we’re very much God ordained, we started to have division. I noticed he is quite religious and tried very hard to convert me to his coptic orthodox church (he goes to church like 5 times a week) and i'm non-denominational, he's an extrovert and i'm introverted, he just graduated/doesn't have a job or routine and he has never been in a serious relationship.He told me he does not understand relationship ques too.... while on the flip side, I came out of a 10 year non-christian relationship, I'm stable in terms of career and quite matured in life generally.

Eventually he calls me to ask how I am and how I feel about everything. He was saying how he was concerned that I was going to have a culture shock with his family and church, and I also explained to him my concern of him having way too many female friends and how that could be an issue moving forward if we were to date and he says to me that he thinks we should go seperate ways because of the hurdles early in, but he made it really clear that he wants to remain in touch as friends - we both came into agreement with this.

I'm not sure if the enemy was trying to creep in to cause division between us - because coming from a 10 year relationship, the disagreements we encountered can be easily developed and fixed, these are petty little issues.
Not sure what you guys think of the basis of my explanation. I feel very strong on my heart that we may meant to be in the future but I also don’t want to be deceived. Also, I've been lead to pray for him and strong holds to be lifted and that the Lord have his way.
I believe God has placed him in my path for a reason, and it feels like there’s an unfinished story.

Anyways, what do you guys think?
Blessings,

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I recently re connected with a friend I went to school with, we were like best friends - so we’ve known each other for quite a while. We're both 24. So we met three weeks ago for the first time in 10 years, we instantly fell for each other because of our mutual connection to Jesus and the understanding of the global agenda. I really believe this was ordained as it came out of no where, in no circumstance was I seeking a potential spouse or relationship - it just came out of no where. It moved quite quickly after a few days, he asked me straight up if there was any possibility of a future relationship and I said yes.

After a few more meet ups and strange coincidences which I believe we’re very much God ordained, we started to have division. I noticed he is quite religious and tried very hard to convert me to his coptic orthodox church (he goes to church like 5 times a week) and i'm non-denominational, he's an extrovert and i'm introverted, he just graduated/doesn't have a job or routine and he has never been in a serious relationship.He told me he does not understand relationship ques too.... while on the flip side, I came out of a 10 year non-christian relationship, I'm stable in terms of career and quite matured in life generally.

Eventually he calls me to ask how I am and how I feel about everything. He was saying how he was concerned that I was going to have a culture shock with his family and church, and I also explained to him my concern of him having way too many female friends and how that could be an issue moving forward if we were to date and he says to me that he thinks we should go seperate ways because of the hurdles early in, but he made it really clear that he wants to remain in touch as friends - we both came into agreement with this.

I'm not sure if the enemy was trying to creep in to cause division between us - because coming from a 10 year relationship, the disagreements we encountered can be easily developed and fixed, these are petty little issues.
Not sure what you guys think of the basis of my explanation. I feel very strong on my heart that we may meant to be in the future but I also don’t want to be deceived. Also, I've been lead to pray for him and strong holds to be lifted and that the Lord have his way.
I believe God has placed him in my path for a reason, and it feels like there’s an unfinished story.

Anyways, what do you guys think?
Blessings,
I suggest that you take your time. Decades ago I was convinced that God had ordained that I should marry someone from the church I attended. I had all kinds of "signs" that seemed to confirm it. A visiting preacher gave a message that seemed to fit exactly. Yet it was not God's will. It was a shattering experience on two counts. One was that I was not going to get the girl of my dreams. The other was that I was utterly deceived, which was worse. It took me a couple of years to get sorted out on the issue. The worse thing was that I knew better. I had no peace throughout the 6 months that I pursued this vain hope. Isaiah 50:11 says it pretty well.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
After a few more meet ups and strange coincidences which I believe we’re very much God ordained, we started to have division. I noticed he is quite religious and tried very hard to convert me to his coptic orthodox church (he goes to church like 5 times a week) and i'm non-denominational . . . He was saying how he was concerned that I was going to have a culture shock with his family and church
Don't underestimate cultural differences of that magnitude. You're both going to Heaven, that's great, but can you really build a home and a life together? It may be harder with him and his family.

he just graduated/doesn't have a job or routine
That makes me nervous because I know how long that can last.

and he has never been in a serious relationship.He told me he does not understand relationship ques too.... I also explained to him my concern of him having way too many female friends and how that could be an issue moving forward if we were to date and he says to me that he thinks we should go seperate ways because of the hurdles early in, but he made it really clear that he wants to remain in touch as friends - we both came into agreement with this.
I feel bad for the guy. I think he punted but he still might be somewhat attached. I really wish the church had a better dating subculture rather than being biased toward "friends" if people are the least bit unsure of how well they would be together.

while on the flip side, I came out of a 10 year non-christian relationship
How long ago was that?

I feel very strong on my heart that we may meant to be in the future but I also don’t want to be deceived. Also, I've been lead to pray for him and strong holds to be lifted and that the Lord have his way.
Why?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
ckg1073,

I’m glad you reconnected with an old friend. That’s always exciting. You’ve posed several questions. I hope you’re addressing the matter in prayer and allow the Lord to direct your steps. :)

we instantly fell for each other because of our mutual connection to Jesus and the understanding of the global agenda.

It is common to experience an emotional rush when long periods of separation occur. The feeling can be amplified when mutual discoveries of likemindedness in faith and interests exist.

I really believe this was ordained as it came out of no where, in no circumstance was I seeking a potential spouse or relationship - it just came out of no where. It moved quite quickly after a few days, he asked me straight up if there was any possibility of a future relationship and I said yes.

I think its important to measure belief against practicality and spiritual principles. The swift agreement heightened emotions and didn’t provide a solid foundation to build upon. You didn’t establish compatibility before its utterance.

I think you both jumped the gun and moved too fast. It would have been better to rekindle your connection and get reacquainted before leaping into the dating pool.

You are relying on your feelings a great deal. How will you address the differences in your spiritual walk? Are you open to joining the Coptic church? How will you handle the variances in maturity and life experience? Are you willing to be patient and encourage his growth and help him to become the man the Lord desires? More importantly, can you respect and accept him as-is without alteration?

Before I permitted my mind to go further, I would ground myself in prayer and surrender the matter to God. I would document what I know. Put it in writing. Then address your hopes. This will help you to avoid reading too much into things.

Sometimes a person crosses our paths to help us move to a better place. It isn’t always to initiate a romantic connection. There are instances when we need a little upheaval to help us grow and confront stagnant areas within our lives.

Oftentimes we don’t know the reason for their appearance until we’ve moved beyond our former position. While Satan can be a catalyst for disagreement, we can’t overlook the challenges that contribute to its presence. He exploits our fears and weaknesses.

My question in all of this is what’s the hurry? I’d want to know why I agreed and what my yes represents. That would lead me closer to the vulnerable place he touched. Perhaps I’ve been estranged from the tender part of myself until then. And he awakened it.

I hope that helped. God bless you both.

Yours in His service,

~Bella

Upvote 0