Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You would think that with all those perfects we would have just one perfect version of the Bible that was unchanging, that everybody could read in one language , with only one author the God without unknown middlemen and no other holy books floating around making similiar claims that billions of other people believe in.

The current mess seems less than perfect ?
Isaiah 55:8-9 Our ways are not God's ways. One reason for the confusion, is that God will not allow Satan to destroy the Word of God, or totally remove it from man, but God has allowed Satan to use men to make there own versions, with their own errors, and mistakes. This is a hindrance, but not a problem that can't be overcome with serious study. God has warned us of such in 2 Corinthians 2:17; Acts 15:24; Jeremiah 23:36; Jeremiah 48:10; and 2 Corinthians 4:2-4.

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are different ,and need different things at each stage of developement .As a younster ,I loved and had a relationship with Jesus .
As I grew the Church did not either answer my questions ,or those of others , and often behaved badly ,so that I drifted and found those who were willing to talk freely of things intellectual . Mostly non believing university folk .
Often Christians have been so ignorant and narrow they have stifled minds ,while God does not do that . They have made the mistake of thinking that God does not want us to study science and much more ,and that we must only 'believe' without any proof .
Not so ,but as has been stated, what He really means is that for some ,including christians, the truth is not available to them .Witness those who still believe the whole of creation is only about 6000 yrs old , or that the earth is flat .
So you see we need to study ,and keep proving .As I said we are all at different levels, and some are in the business of proving to Advanced intellects ,and need to give proof, that is not questionable .

Some corrections. The Bible never said earth is flat, Bible mentioned that God expand the earth int he void, some say Isaiah 40:22 refer to a round earth "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth".

Many early Christians also believe earth is spherical (see Flat Earth - Wikipedia), example is Athenagoras, an eastern Christian writing around the year 175 CE said, "The world, being made spherical, is confined within the circles of heaven."

It was later when Church got taken over by power and Greek influences, that not only they ditch the idea, but somehow they so indulged on power that who ever don't agree with them became anti-church.

Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I get that, but I'm more of an optimist. I would like to think that someone taking the time to challenge believers is a good thing. I remember challenging believers, more recently than I'd like to admit actually, to tell me or show me proof that God exists. In my case, in retrospect, it was more of a cry for help. It was more, "PLEASE prove to me that he's really there," than it was, "Oh yeah? God huh? Prove it!"
That cry for help sounds like God was drawing you to Himself.
How many people have come to their Salvation by asking the question,
"IF YOUR REAL SHOW ME?"

That is what God does for mankind, He first gives voice to our doubts through us, so He is then able to answer those doubts for us.

Remember we are Saved by His Grace, not of ourselves.

• Friendly
Reactions: chirpyluna
Upvote 0

chirpyluna

Jan 7, 2018
Northeast
✟16,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I pray that you have or will come to that great peace of knowing by faith based on evidence that God exists and the Bible is His Word!!!

Ooops sorry I'm new at this. I didn't see an "Edit" option. But anyway, yes I already have! The "great peace" is the perfect way to describe how I've felt since. Thank you for your prayers!

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There we go You think that there are only the choices you have given , but there are others .

Frankly I have nothing to say to those who thinks that Creation is only 6000 yrs old .
No wonder there are among the Young, so many drifting away from this nonsense .
The young may be drifting away, but it is not because of hearing correct teaching on the Word of God that produced a more godly generation than the current more ungodly generation that we have today. Jesus says in Luke 18:8b Nevertheless, when the Son of Man cometh will he find faith on the earth?" Not much, seeing the younger generation is falling for the teachings of evolution and Biblical criticism, and this generation may lead into the generation that will make up those that will follow Satan and the Antichrist (Revelation 13:4). Nothing but love for you.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True belief in God needs no proof. Only faith.
A brief reply .
You have forgotten the 'proofs', that led you to know God ,if you are very sure of your belief ,as in, if you are going in the right direction things get better , and if they don't something is wrong . So there have been many proofs along the Way.

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You would think that with all those perfects we would have just one perfect version of the Bible that was unchanging, that everybody could read in one language , with only one author the God without unknown middlemen and no other holy books floating around making similiar claims that billions of other people believe in.

The current mess seems less than perfect ?

I do believe this is how God wants it and it is the best for us. Although God has full power, adding free will in this making thing very interesting and complex that no one can totally understand except God.

If you read the story about tower of Babel, you will see that one big uniformed human groups are actually bad, and God split the language and all so we won't fall as fast. Some Jewish stories expain that Nimod was that one King that want to make himself God and all worship him, and that is part of the reason why God want Abrahm to leave.

The Bible, with so many version, so many languages, are very clean in one thing, the central message, that our only salvation is from God, that God want us to love him with all our heart, and love others as ourselves, and we fail on that and can only be saved by God's grace from Jesus Christ. Pretty much the entire Bible :)

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some corrections. The Bible never said earth is flat, Bible mentioned that God expand the earth int he void, some say Isaiah 40:22 refer to a round earth "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth".

Many early Christians also believe earth is spherical (see Flat Earth - Wikipedia), example is Athenagoras, an eastern Christian writing around the year 175 CE said, "The world, being made spherical, is confined within the circles of heaven."

It was later when Church got taken over by power and Greek influences, that not only they ditch the idea, but somehow they so indulged on power that who ever don't agree with them became anti-church.

I appreciate your post ,but would it be possible to expand a bit . It seems to me to be an evangelical protestant thing ,as neither the RCC , nor the orthodox churches belief this stuff .
Certainly not for centuries .

Reactions: dcalling
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Favourofone

Dec 28, 2017
Stockhol
✟18,322.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
one big uniformed human groups are actually bad, and God split the language and all so we won't fall as fast.

By that definition US dissolving to independent states would be preferable by biblical standards?

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
By that definition US dissolving to independent states would be preferable by biblical standards?
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

It is hard to comprehend, but it is true. Unified super powers are usually against God, see the Nazi empire, the Soviets, the communist China. When the communist Polpots took over and consolidated power, they killed about 2/3 of their country men.

Upvote 0

Antig

Dec 19, 2017
Dublin
✟8,390.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A brief reply .
You have forgotten the 'proofs', that led you to know God ,if you are very sure of your belief ,as in, if you are going in the right direction things get better , and if they don't something is wrong . So there have been many proofs along the Way.

No. Just pure faith. Nothing else is needed

• Agree
Reactions: want-love
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I get that, but I'm more of an optimist. I would like to think that someone taking the time to challenge believers is a good thing. I remember challenging believers, more recently than I'd like to admit actually, to tell me or show me proof that God exists. In my case, in retrospect, it was more of a cry for help. It was more, "PLEASE prove to me that he's really there," than it was, "Oh yeah? God huh? Prove it!"
I guess my perspective is tainted from past experiences. And partially confirmed with the responses to the answers to the challenge.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trying to prove God exists by examining creation is like trying to prove an architect exists by walking through one of his buildings.

You don't find him in the closet, or in the elevator shaft. You don't find him in a drawer or hiding behind the ceiling tiles.

No, the proof of an architect is in the design. And the earth and creation SCREAM of a creator, and a mind mindbogglingly creative one.

Just as the building is the proof of the architect, Creation is the proof of a creator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A brief reply .
I didn't forget the proofs, I just didn't state them because it would take a lot of writing. Just because one is going the right direction doesn't mean that things get better, or if going the wrong direction things get worse. Lot believed that and chose the best looking land and found himself in Sodom and Gomorrah. John the Baptist went the right way and ended up first in prison, and then beheaded.

Reactions: Almost there
Upvote 0