Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, “Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; 57 but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

John 3:6 “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

There is a contrast between the two bodies one being an perishable body. The second being imperishable. The first is our natural body then the second is our spiritual body.

We reap to our choosing the fleshly body; or reap to the spiritual body. When this fleshly body dies it goes into the ground and corrupts decaying back to dust; what is inside of the fleshly body? The (soul mind(heart)/will/emotion) goes back to God; along with whatever a person reap to the spirit by showing love, kindness, gentleness, forbearing one another, loving neighbor as your self.

If a person choose to live a life without God; then at the end of their life come back to Him; that is a loss of spiritual sowings.

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, “Death is swallowed up in victory.
2 Corinthians 5: NASB
For we know that if our earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building
from God, a house not made by hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 For indeed, in this we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven,
3 since in fact after putting it on, we will not be found naked.
4 For indeed, we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, because we do not want
to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life.

• Informative
Reactions: GallagherM
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, “Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; 57 but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

John 3:6 “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

There is a contrast between the two bodies one being an perishable body. The second being imperishable. The first is our natural body then the second is our spiritual body.

We reap to our choosing the fleshly body; or reap to the spiritual body. When this fleshly body dies it goes into the ground and corrupts decaying back to dust; what is inside of the fleshly body? The (soul mind(heart)/will/emotion) goes back to God; along with whatever a person reap to the spirit by showing love, kindness, gentleness, forbearing one another, loving neighbor as your self.

If a person choose to live a life without God; then at the end of their life come back to Him; that is a loss of spiritual sowings.

No, no, no, “In my flesh I will see God.” Our bodies will be restored and raised incorruptible, at the last trumpet. Remember Ezekiel’s vision of the valley of dried bones, which reassembled themselves and then were covered with sinews and flesh, as the people whose skeletons those were came back to life.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Marc Munday

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
✟8,009.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

• Messianic Jews (Heb) 4:12 (CJB)
    See, the Word of God is alive! It is at work and is sharper than any double-edged sword — it cuts right through to where soul meets spirit and joints meet marrow, and it is quick to judge the inner reflections and attitudes of the heart.
This is why the word is so powerful to cut through to people thoughts and attitudes and division of soul and Spirit.

• Agree
Upvote 0