We have 10 years to save Earth's biodiversity as mass extinction caused by humans takes hold, UN war

Status
Not open for further replies.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,341.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Much like climate change.. it's not science it's all political. Just one more attempt at controlling the masses.
Like me, you are in no position to assess the merits of the scientific evidence.

Unless, of course, you are a climate scientist.

Do you have any actual evidence that the pronouncements of the scientists are motivated by politics?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....According to some today if you drive a diesel you are regarded as a criminal....
Given what we're finding out about the effects of fine particulate emissions on human health, I wouldn't be surprised if this view is common in decade or so.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I am making my case Biblically.

Do you wish to debate the Biblical
case for Jesus’ present status as an installed sovereign over all creation.

I promise you this a debate you cannot win Biblically. All you can do us claim that the world does not appear to be ruled by Jesus.

You simply cannot prove your case. I know because I've been there. But since you feel you have a point, all I can do is try to get you to use the common sense approach I mentioned. If that doesn't help you, oh well.

I'm simply not going to bother hashing out again something that always has the same result.

Jesus is not in control here, not yet, and if you think so, you don't know Jesus.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,146.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Given what we're finding out about the effects of fine particulate emissions on human health, I wouldn't be surprised if this view is common in decade or so.

Hardly anything is said about all the research being done to create a safe (as possible) enviroment.

It is possible to have both of worlds at the same time.

A study of Pharaos dream would reveal this.

seven years of plenty and seven years of extreme famine.
But that may not be for this forum.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is it about this site...I thought it was about Christianity?

I thought so, too. Christians know Antichrist is coming into the world (though there are already many), and that he assumes global control. This same spirit behind the fake oneness of Babel has been trying to recreate it ever since GOD forcefully separated man. Oneness from GOD is only offered IN CHRIST, not through man and his schemes to reconnect (via, say, "climate crisis").

To an atheist, Antichrist is likely a "conspiracy theory". But this is a Christian site, right, so why is an atheist telling a Christian there's a problem about "conspiracies" when they are prophesied in Scripture?

Upvote 0

pleinmont

Jan 8, 2020
North Wales
✟23,411.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I thought so, too. Christians know Antichrist is coming into the world (though there are already many), and that he assumes global control. This same spirit behind the fake oneness of Babel has been trying to recreate it ever since GOD forcefully separated man. Oneness from GOD is only offered IN CHRIST, not through man and his schemes to reconnect (via, say, "climate crisis").

To an atheist, Antichrist is likely a "conspiracy theory". But this is a Christian site, right, so why is an atheist telling a Christian there's a problem about "conspiracies" when they are prophesied in Scripture?

That sounds like a silly fairy story to me, whereas there is plenty of evidence to support the fact global warming is down to human activity.

• Agree
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Was "oneness" the issue in Babel? My understanding is that the hubris of actually reaching God was the problem.

As human get more numerous, and global travel and electronic connections become ubiquitous, we're moving toward "oneness" without no agenda necessary. Its just a fact rather than a value or goal.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is not in control here, not yet, and if you think so, you don't know Jesus.

I think I understand what you mean, but in another sense He is firmly in control though waiting, till the Father makes his enemies a footstool for his feet. He "left nothing outside his control". "He sustains all things by his powerful word". Hebrews speaks on this interim period. Psalm 50 evokes this idea as well...

"These things you have done, and I have been silent;
you thought that I was one like yourself.
But now I rebuke you and lay the charge before you.
Mark this, then, you who forget God,
lest I tear you apart, and there be none to deliver!"

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As human get more numerous, and global travel and electronic connections become ubiquitous, we're moving toward "oneness" without no agenda necessary. Its just a fact rather than a value or goal.

I wouldn't call that "oneness". It is more a globalism. I think of Oneness as a unity of minds and hearts.
neither climate change nor anything will heal our divisions. Until we can see ourselves in others, see Christ in others and see the needs of others as intimate to our own Oneness is a long way off.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That sounds like a silly fairy story to me, whereas there is plenty of evidence to support the fact global warming is down to human activity.

You don't see beyond the curated "evidence", which you ironically accept by faith. You have faith, but it’s misplaced. And yet you scoff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,341.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You simply cannot prove your case. I know because I've been there. But since you feel you have a point, all I can do is try to get you to use the common sense approach I mentioned. If that doesn't help you, oh well.

I'm simply not going to bother hashing out again something that always has the same result.

And you don’t know your Bible.

Jesus is Lord. Now. And that means he is king.

Upvote 0

pleinmont

Jan 8, 2020
North Wales
✟23,411.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You don't see beyond the curated "evidence", which you ironically accept by faith. You have faith, but it’s misplaced. And yet you scoff.

Your faith is misplaced, imo. There is no evidence to support the existence of any god, whereas there is plenty of evidence to support human created global warming.

• Agree
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Your faith is misplaced, imo. There is no evidence to support the existence of any god, whereas there is plenty of evidence to support human created global warming.
While you guys debate the bible, I'll be off for some nice January sunbathing.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Was "oneness" the issue in Babel? My understanding is that the hubris of actually reaching God was the problem.

"Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be dispersed over the face of the whole earth.” —Genesis 11

The only "ourselves" that counts is the one God forms:

For He Himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has torn down the dividing wall of hostility 15by abolishing inHis flesh the law of commandments anddecrees. He did this to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace and reconciling both of them to God in one body through the cross, by which He extinguished their hostility.…Ephesians 2

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Back to the poster I originally responded to, and I quote:

"What is it about this site a conspiracy theories? I thought it was about Christianity?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pleinmont

Jan 8, 2020
North Wales
✟23,411.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
"Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be dispersed over the face of the whole earth.” —Genesis 11

For He Himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has torn down the dividing wall of hostility 15by abolishing inHis flesh the law of commandments anddecrees. He did this to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace and reconciling both of them to God in one body through the cross, by which He extinguished their hostility.…Ephesians 2

The Bible is a less than credible human creation, and provides no evidence to support the things you are claiming.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,341.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All these side debates about Matthew 24, etc are ultimately irrelevant. It is crystal clear from Scripture that we are to be stewards of Creation. When Jesus returns, if some here in this thread have their way, He will find a beaten-up spoiled planet. And we will expect Him to be pleased? Come on, man.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Bible is a less than credible human creation, and provides no evidence to support the things you are claiming.

I love how people who say such things can’t resist being around those who do find the Bible credible.

• Winner
Reactions: ItIsFinished!
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

My sense is that one language, one global people wasnt the problem. They had that before they even devised the tower. God himself identifies the problem with the tower: "and now nothing will be withholden from them, which they purpose to do."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.